Round 4: Fight 1

Pazuzu (The Exorcist)

Weapon: Possesses little girls
    Advantages: can vomit and curse a lot, rotate body parts
    Weaknesses: holy water, prayers,

vs

Poltergeist

Weapon: Psychokinesis
    Advantages: disables all cable TV to static, rearranges furniture in the house, makes you think you are peeling your face off, creates a giant portal in your closet and sucks you through another dimension
    Weaknesses: spiritual mediums
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    the Fight of the round

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Are you kidding? This is a no brainer.

Call me when Carol Anne spits up pea soup and makes sweet, sweet love to a crucifix and that pussy poltergeist stops playing with the TV remote.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Pazuzu seems to have no power outside of a human host. Poltergeist has proved it can handle humans. Poltergeist wins.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Are you kidding? This is a no brainer.

Call me when Carol Anne spits up pea soup and makes sweet, sweet love to a crucifix and that pussy poltergeist stops playing with the TV remote.
    You mean when that pussy poltergeist makes a tree eat your kids and suck you through a portal into the underverse?

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Pazuzu seems to have no power outside of a human host. Poltergeist has proved it can handle humans. Poltergeist wins.
    This was my thought process as well. But there's still a force Pazuzu can inflect without humans.

- - - - -
    That's a good point, but the poltergeist doesn't seem to have much, if any, power outside the house and that Indian burial ground.

Pazuzu and his cronies can kill people anywhere in the world. Speaking of which, what's the poltergeist's body count? Does he (they?) actually hurt anyone in the first movie?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You mean when that pussy poltergeist makes a tree eat your kids and suck you through a portal into the underverse?
    I'll give you the tree and that clown on pure creepiness, but that's where I draw the line. :P

That's a good point, but the poltergeist doesn't seem to have much, if any, power outside the house and that Indian burial ground.
    If the fight is gonna take place, and the poltergeist can't leave the burial ground, then the fight has to take place on the burial ground. Victory to poltergeist.

- - - - -
    Victory to poltergeist.
    Maybe. Depends on how we're gauging it.

Mano e mano, both these guys are incorpeal and can't be killed by conventional means. Both have limitations in the physical world: The poltergeist is stuck in suburbia and the demon needs human hosts, or some way to manifest itself. I think Pazuzu wins out because the scope of his power is much wider than the poltergeist's.

As movie monsters, Pazuzu is much scarier to me. The poltergeist is creepy, but ultimately harmless. The demon can not only kill you, but before he does that he has the ability to take away and surpress your entire identity.

Both of them are pretty scary to me, really. I'll have to think about this one, and I really wish this battle was a final one or at least in the top 4.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Looks like KF convinced everyone.

- - - - -
    Criminal. Inconceivable. I demand a recount!

Criminal. Inconceivable. I demand a recount!
    I am one persuasive bastard. :P

I decided, but not because of KF. In fact I was almost considering voting for Pazuzu in a foolish and lame attempt to spite him, but then I realized that the Poltergeist should win this battle.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Fucking logic.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    I don't get the odd love for the Poltergeist. It has won by a good margin in every battle, but it's not all that powerful nor is it deadly.

I also take some small solace in the fact that Scar voted Candyman. :P

I prefer Exorcist over Poltergeist, but I went with logic on this one.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    We're talking about two non corporeal beings battling it out. Not sure 'logic' is the word you're looking for.