Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

There is no such thing as "too early" to talk about this.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-...vengers,83515/

not only has Whedon signed on to write and direct the follow-up—which is presumably due sometime in 2015—he's also digging himself even deeper into both Marvel and other people's intellectual property, signing on to develop a live-action TV series set within the Marvel universe for ABC. Though concrete details on that last project are still scarce, previous reports on its early stages said that numerous ideas were being considered, including turning it something along the lines of a "high-concept cop show."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...html?cmpid=RSS
    ...and the milk's in me.

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Ms. Marvel, what?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    At first I thought I'd lose interest in TV after the end of my current favorite shows. Now with this news, I'm more excited than ever.

Also, they're rebooting the Incredible Hulk series???? WITH GUILLERMO DEL TORO???? WIN!
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

It's SHIELD.

Pilot will be co-written by Joss, Jed and Maurissa Tancharoen. Joss might direct pilot, but that's not confirmed.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I can't imagine Sam Jackson joining a network TV show, and Smulders is still committed to How I Met Your Mother, so I assume this is going to be a hilarious thing where the agents never get to see their bosses.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I really don't see what they can do with this show since The Avengers will likely be talked about but never seen.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Will it be like Charlie's Angels and we just hear Nick Fury through voice messages?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I have an idea, and I'll be amazed if they can pull this of, but if anyone can do it, it's Marvel:

Have the season-long running storyline be focused on the TV characters' drama, but break down a season into groups of episodes (arcs) that will will deal with the behind the scenes lead-up and aftermath of the Marvel movies coming out. Like, say, have 3-4 episodes of SHIELD agents investigating murders that set up the Winter Soldier. Next set of episodes, have them team up with Thor's Warriors Three to investigate The Dark World, etc etc.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Have the season-long running storyline be focused on the TV characters' drama, but break down a season into groups of episodes (arcs) that will will deal with the behind the scenes lead-up and aftermath of the Marvel movies coming out. Like, say, have 3-4 episodes of SHIELD agents investigating murders that set up the Winter Soldier. Next set of episodes, have them team up with Thor's Warriors Three to investigate The Dark World, etc etc.
    This is a good idea.

All in all, though, I'm only skeptical of all this noise.

I think it's more likely that instead of having the movie stars show up on the TV show, they'll have the TV characters show up in the movies, as Coulson's replacements.
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    (Item 47 spoilers)

[
    ]
    But brand new S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are probably the only way to go here, with enough leeway in the storylines so that they can tell unique stories on their own while still being able crossing into the bigger superheroes' whereabouts now and then.

Depending on when this actually ends up airing, they could probably only get Cobie Smulders to pop in now and then, though How I Met Your Mother is supposed to end in two years. Also, I'd expect a lot of Agent Coulson flashbacks. And the more successful the show is, the more likely they can lure the likes of a Hemsworth, Evans, Hiddelston or find ways of setting up villains for future films, even if they don't actually appear.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Clark Gregg can still be on the cast, playing a Coulson LMD.
    Movie Theater Diary

Whedon says he's not going to be the showrunner. It's going to be Jed and Maurissa. I still expect him to write an episode or two, though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Jed and Maurissa did really great work on Dollhouse. I'm not disappointed.
    ...and the milk's in me.

They're awesome people. Well worth following them on social media. And I happen to dig their musical efforts, too.

supposedly, these are some of the main characters:

Skye: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.
    Agent Grant Ward: Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.
    Agent Althea Rice: Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.
    Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Hopefully Titus Welliver is part of this...
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hopefully Lizzy Caplan is part of this...
    Movie Theater Diary

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Hopefully Lizzy Caplan is part of this...
    She's got her own show, so it's not going to happen. It's called Masters of Sex, but unfortunately it's not a Red Shoe Diaries copy.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Clark Gregg just announced at NYCC that he's on the show as Coulson.

Back to life, or flashbacks? Hmm.
    Movie Theater Diary

Whedon continues to move away from whitest-shows-ever to cast Ming-Na Wen, who apparently was Mulan. She is very pretty.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-...llenges,87924/
    ...and the milk's in me.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Whedon continues to move away from whitest-shows-ever to cast Ming-Na Wen, who apparently was Mulan. She is very pretty.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-...llenges,87924/
    Today was a day that changed Ming-Na's life forever.

For Whedon, it was Thursday.

Movie Theater Diary

“I’m excited about the show because it’s a very hopeful show,” Whedon told TVLine Sunday at the 2013 Streamy Awards, where he was nominated for best guest appearance (in Husbands). “It’s not about murder, and it’s not about crime, and it’s not people looking into their own belly buttons. It’s about people who are trying to help each other, and that’s one of the things I loved about comic books. They had costumes and the villains were cool [but] they stood for something, and I like doing a show that does that.”
    That said, Whedon says to expect “not a ton” of familiar faces from the Marvel-verse, though “there’s a little bit of talk of that” for any possible future the project has in primetime. “Right now, I want to involve people in the characters that we’ve created for the show,” Whedon said, “and then we’ll worry about [the other stuff].”
    Last month, there was talk that Cobie Smulders might sneak away from How I Met Your Mother to at least cameo as Maria Hill, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent she played in Whedon’s The Avengers. In actuality, Whedon cautions that Smulders’ schedule “will permit very little” involvement, “but if we can get a hold of her anytime, we will.”
    http://tvline.com/2013/02/18/shield-...on-maria-hill/
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I can't believe how much hotter Cobie Smulders is in The Avengers compared to How I met Your Mother. It's almost spooky.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast