Thread: Marvel Comics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for getting me into Hawkeye guys. That was fun.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This recap is hilarious and depressingly accurate to that mini.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Uncanny X-Men was a pretty good start. I'm enjoying this new direction for Cyclops.

Rumor is that Marvel wants to finally put the Ultimate universe to bed (good!) by making their summer event next year Avengers vs Ultimates (baaad!).
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Thor: God of Thunder - definitely a good read so far. I'm glad it's pretty much a given now that there's no Donald Blake character, never liked that aspect of the character.

Hickman's Avenger book has slowed down a bit after the first arc ended. I miss the Opena art mostly, although I do like that he's trying to establish a lot of the lesser known characters.

Yeah, after the first arc was over, it's definitely halted a little. I didn't get the last issue. I'm enjoying Uncanny Avengers a lot more

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Uncanny Avengers 4 lost me on the final page reveal [
    ] Up to then, though, the last two issues have featured some terrific writing, selling me on keeping the title.

Another recent verdict: Aaron/Ribic's Thor really is stupendous. Issues 4 and 5 had my jaw all the way down.