Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marvel Comics Thread

Since DC's relaunch has its own thread, it's only fair to create one for Marvel's too.

Here are the officially confirmed new series so far:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Rick Remender
    Artist: John Cassaday

The Avengers and X-Men must join forces to overcome the greatest challenge either team has ever faced, one so devastating that neither can afford to do it alone! Can Captain America’s newly assembled team—including Thor, Scarlet Witch, Havok & Rogue-- find a way to peacefully co-exist while also dealing with the game-changing repercussions of Avengers VS X-Men?

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Penciller: Stuart Immonen

In the wake of the events of Avengers Vs. X-Men, the mutant world is set to receive a big blast from the past, in the form of the original X-Men! How will the young, unsuspecting mutants from the past – including Jean Grey – react to the conflict and turmoil that has engulfed the world of their future?

A+X #1
    Rotating creative team

Get ready for action-packed stories featuring team-ups from your favorite Marvel heroes every month! First, a story where Wolverine and Hulk come together, and then Captain America and Cable meet up! But will each partner’s combined strength be enough?

NEW AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Jonathan Hickman
    Artist: Steve Epting

[Classified]

AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Jonathan Hickman
    Penciller: Jerome Opena

It’s a new day and a new beginning for the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, with a brand new team that’s bigger and better than ever before! And they won’t just be ‘Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’, either – when the galaxy is in danger, the Avengers will answer the call!
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

And then here are the teases:

IRON MAN

THOR

HULK

DEADPOOL

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

So, Avengers are now taking an epic, galactic direction? Interest: piqued.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So, Avengers are now taking an epic, galactic direction? Interest: piqued.

Tom Brevoort: First off, it's important for you to know that, while we're not ready to tell you any more about it, Jonathan will also be writing NEW AVENGERS as well as AVENGERS.

I mention that because the second thing you need to know is that, like AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, AVENGERS is going to be shipping twice a month. So there'll be three Hickman-written Avengers comics coming out every 30 days—two issues of AVENGERS and one issue of NEW AVENGERS.

I can tell you that NEW AVENGERS will be an absolutely essential sister title to AVENGERS, intrinsically linked to what’s going on in that book. Together, the two will function as Black and White, Day and Night, Life and Death.

The main imperative for the Avengers coming out of AvX is a need to think bigger. Had the Avengers been better prepared, better manned, better equipped, the events of AvX might have been able to have been dealt with in a much shorter order. So we'll be fielding a very large core team comprised of 18 or so characters—spanning the key players in the “Marvel’s The Avengers” film, mainstays of the current team such as Captain Marvel—Carol Danvers—and Spider-Woman, classic Avengers of the past such as The Falcon, some established Marvel characters of note that have never been Avengers before, and a number of completely new, though familiar, characters as well. And we'll be keeping things in motion—not every hero will be featured in every issue and there'll be smaller groups tasked to deal with rising situations as they crop up.
    Movie Theater Diary

Chimichangas LMAO :lol:

Okay, I don't see JRJR anywhere on those list of new titles. Thinking I'm gonna need to add back some Avengers titles to the ol' pull list...

EDIT: Rocket Raccoon? SOLD
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Anyway, like Sven said:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

FANTASTIC FOUR

Not sure what. I really don't think it's X-men Legacy. It's the least obvious teaser so far.

Movie Theater Diary

I can't believe that I'm gonna commit to four Avengers books. Sheesh.

Four? Secret or Uncanny?
    Movie Theater Diary

I remember wishing that Bagley would deepen his artistic bag back in the early 90s with Amazing Spider-man--and this is from someone whose very first purchased comic was a New Warriors issue that he illustrated. He's decent enough but I can't believe he's still so appreciated that he'd get a title like FF.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Four? Secret or Uncanny?
    Both, sucka. Putting it at five issues a month.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    What'st the relationship between Chimichangas and Deadpool?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Arghh. Aaron and his crazy ideas, always sucking me in.
    Movie Theater Diary

Seems like the Fantastic Four/FF dual title concept is being continued by Fraction. If this is for FF, then Mike Allred is a great choice for it.

Movie Theater Diary

I'll give a few of these a shot. What is avengers vs x-men all about anyway?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'll give a few of these a shot. What is avengers vs x-men all about anyway?
    Bull vs Shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Bull vs Shit.
    This. It's seriously not worth worrying about. All you need to know is that they're fighting and Marvel has already spoiled the end: they learn to work together. Story painful. Artwork has some moments.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=40326

Again, take the concept back to center. Hulk is about what happens to us when we lose control -- or when we try to exercise too much control. The stories we'll be telling treat the Hulk less like a time bomb and more like a targeted WMD -- and he'll be moving throughout the Marvel Universe, exploring (on Banner's behalf, for reasons you'll see in issue #1) certain corners of the universe -- Jotunheim, The Negative Zone, Lemuria. Hulk and Banner have a mission -- and it will take them far and wide.
    Maria Hill and Bruce Banner are the main players in the series, and their Byzantine relationship is both funny and dark and they're a blast to write as a quasi-partnership. And Banner will be in a lab again and will have a band of assistants who all have two things in common: they're all brilliant in their fields, and they have nothing to lose should they suddenly find they're sharing close quarters with an angry jade behemoth.
    More or less like Mark Ruffalo's version then.
    Movie Theater Diary

Posehn: And then the voices in his head, you'll see, are a little more organic. There's a reason for them – not that there wasn't before, but in ours, he gets a head injury in the first book. Somebody talks to him, but it's not his voice. How should I say this? One of the founding fathers comes in to help him. We don't know in the beginning if he's hallucinating or if it's part of his break with sanity or if this guy is really with him.
    IGN: Another conflict Deadpool has been dealing with these last couple years is this quest for legitimacy. He wants to be seen as a valid superhero alongside everyone else. Even though this is a fresh start, is that an element that will be continuing forward in this book?

Posehn: Oh, absolutely. We have several guest stars already in the first couple issues, and we have other guest stars planned. Basically, these guys are famous heroes that will be telling Deadpool, “We don't want your help. You are not part of us. You're on your own, friend.”

Duggan: “And leave my name out of it when you tell this story.”

Posehn: Yeah, yeah. “I'm helping you now, but this is not a team-up.” And there will be very famous Marvel guys saying that in different ways. One guy uses a lot of “ye's” and has a funny hat.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...c-with-a-mouth
    Movie Theater Diary

Hmmm, so Fraction's FF is going to be a radically different concept.

FF will get a new look and a new replacement Fantastic Four squad, with Ant-Man heading up Reed's Future Foundation and teaming with She-Hulk, the Inhumans' Medusa and Miss Thing, an all-new female character clad in a Thing suit of armor.
    "This is the place to be wildly inventive, and I would like to put as many things down on the page as humanly possible and offer up another dose next issue."

The Big Bang happened in less than a second, though, so four minutes is an eternity for the big brain of Reed Richards. He makes it a point for them to choose the people they want to carry on their legacy just in case something goes awry since the Earth will still need protection.

Ant-Man and his group stand guard for the four minutes, but nothing happens. Three weeks later, a one-eyed, one-legged, long-haired, half-insane, bearded Johnny Storm walks through the time gateway, shuts it behind him and says, "We can never open this door again."
    Movie Theater Diary

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...ies/56911846/1

Reed builds a ship that will take his team and his children across time and space for an epic historical lesson, the writer says. "If they're studying ancient Rome, then by God let's go have lunch with Caesar on the Ides of March. If they're looking at the Big Bang, they're going to watch it from the front row."

They'll be gone for a year — which will only be four minutes in regular Earth time — and while there will be continuing plot threads, each issue will be a new adventure and new situation.
    In doing so, Fraction aims for the title to be entertaining for all ages, from his kids to the older comic fan.

"I feel that one of the best Fantastic Four stories was The Incredibles, and I want to take that back. It's so arrogant to say but it should have been us. We should have done that," Fraction says, laughing.

"If this could be the Pixar version of the Fantastic Four, something that everyone can enjoy, not just our medium 30-year-old white-dude reader, I'd be happy."
    GODDAMMIT TOO MANY BOOKS.
    Movie Theater Diary

When are these all being released?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The relaunch starts in November, I think. Avengers might be earlier.
    Movie Theater Diary

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    Somehow every book that Mike Allred draws just sounds like it has to be a Mike Allred book, even if he had nothing to do with writing it. Can't wait for what sounds like a very bizarre, interesting new FF concept.

I'm still not really interested, but holy crap, the art on the new Ghost Rider is sexy as hell.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast