Page 53 of 280 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6988

Thread: The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    My LCS was out.
    seems like this has been happening a lot. i'm glad that dc's gamble worked out for them

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    My LCS was out.
    I got to my LCS at noon on wednesday and they were already out. Luckily I had it on my pull list so one was in my box.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

So I finished issue 2 of Wednesday Comics today and I think I'm going to stop buying the single issues for it. They already announced a huge oversized hardcover for it and I think I'd prefer it in that format with all the stories together. I just don't care for reading 15 different stories in a row each of which takes about 30 seconds to read and then having to try and remember what happened in the last issue each week when I read the new issue.

Don't get me wrong I love the creators and it's got some amazing artwork, I just know that I would buy the hardcover down the line anyways so I might as well just wait for that so that way I could read the stories in chunks.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Blackest Night #1 was easily my favorite comic that came out today.

Black Hand is fucking creepy. [
    ]
    TV Recently Finished:

My comic collection is getting a little ridiculous...

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

It'll suck when you move meg. Those small comics get heavy.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It'll suck when you move meg. Those small comics get heavy.
    I have 9 long boxes and over 400 tpb/hardcovers and moved a few months ago. Yeah it wasn't fun.
    TV Recently Finished:

Digital comics. I'm telling ya.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In other news, November will see my return to Frank Castle.

Marvel is relaunching Punisher MAX to #1 with the team of Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon. I am in heaven.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In other news, November will see my return to Frank Castle.

Marvel is relaunching Punisher MAX to #1 with the team of Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon. I am in heaven.
    I actually really enjoyed the way that they were having a different writer for each arc and having different crime writers get to tell their own Punisher story.

I'm excited about seeing Jason Aaron take over but I would much preferred a different artist. I don't mind Dillon's work but he's already done a ton of Punisher and I would have liked someone fresh.
    TV Recently Finished:

Digital comics. I'm telling ya.
    NEVAH.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I don't mind Dillon's work but he's already done a ton of Punisher and I would have liked someone fresh.
    Heh. I'm the opposite. I wouldn't mind someone fresh, but Dillon is one of the best sequential artists in the business, so I don't care how many he's done, I'l always welcome his art.
    Movie Theater Diary

I want to try some Green Lantern stories, what is a good place to start? Is Rebirth any good?

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    I want to try some Green Lantern stories, what is a good place to start? Is Rebirth any good?
    Eeh, Rebirth is ok for a resurrection story, I guess, but if you've never read the character before, I think Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn is your baby.

I love what Geoff Johns has been doing with GL.

"The Sinestro Corps War" was a great story.

Geoff Johns is gonna be signing at my favorite shop tomorrow. Sounds like a swell soiree, with Lantern cocktails and all (all colors). It's really too bad I really don't like the dude's writing.
    Movie Theater Diary

I still don't get why you hate Johns.

I have to agree with popular opinion on this one - he's one of the best things DC has going right now. Hell, he's one of the bext writers in the big league superhero universe at the moment.

I don't hate him. I find his writing very stilted and boring so I always lose interest in his books, but he's never outright terrible like Bendis or Millar or Loeb can be these days.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Blackest Night #1 was easily my favorite comic that came out today.

Black Hand is fucking creepy.
    Ohboyohboyohboy. I'm SO looking forward to this! Hopefully this will deliver as a crossover event in the way Secret Invasion failed to. But then again, I have more confidence in Johns' ability than Bendis' by no small margin.

And Saya - I quite enjoyed Rebirth. It started out slow and kinda lame, but the final act was knocked -the hell- out.

And I finished Sinestro Corps War a few weeks ago. It's among the very favorite comic stories I've read. Fantastic, epic stuff. You can probably get away with diving right in, but I would recommend you get the Revenge of the Green Lanterns TPB, and probably the Rebirth TPB as well so you get some backstory. Wouldn't hurt to know the general storyline of Infinite Crisis either.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

i'm jealous of meg's comic collection.

I'm trying to figure out what this TPB was that I saw in my bookstore a couple days ago. It comes in two separate editions, a kind of pastel blue one and a pink one. There may be a heart on the cover.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

spider-man loves mary jane?

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    spider-man loves mary jane?
    No, not superhero oriented. I suspect it was a melancholy, morose, twenty-something, ennui-ridden type of story... it was on a table with a bunch of other popular graphic novels and had a lot of praise from various critics on the back.

I'll find out for sure once I head back to the bookstore but that could be a while so I figured I'd try this.

I've recently discovered Doug Tennapel.

I feel like I've found a kindred spirit.

I started reading Pluto, Naoki Urasawa's reimagining of Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy. Floored, I am. This is brilliant stuff.
    A thousand times, yes! I just went to the comic book shop today and just about bought all four available Pluto's on the strength of the first part of the first issue alone. So good. I was literally stunned.

Before I read them, though, I feel I really oughtta get more Astro Boy under my belt.