Page 103 of 280 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6988

Thread: The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Especially Issue #2.
    I don't remember which number is which, but I'm going to take a guess that this is the Monster Island one.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Wow, Wildstorm shut down. Big changes at DC today.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Wow, Wildstorm shut down. Big changes at DC today.
    Wildstorm had pretty much gotten redundant anyways. They've already said they've got plans for the Wildstorm "characters", all the Wildstorm licensed books will shift over to DC proper and the stuff like Mysterius the Unfathomable that's an "on it's own series" will probably just shift over to Vertigo.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I don't remember which number is which, but I'm going to take a guess that this is the Monster Island one.
    You know me too well. I loved that issue. I revisit it about once a year (along with the rest of the first dozen or so issues, which I have on TPB).
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

So the Jason Aaron signing that's coming up this saturday at my LCS has changed from just a straight signing to an all day Jason Aaron event. First a Q&A, then a signing, then he will be scalping (shaving people's heads) if they donate $10 to Hero's Initative, followed by a Comic's Pro Poker Tournament with Jason Aaron and other unnamed guests.

Edit: They announced the poker guests (David Lapham, Brian Pulido and John Layman)
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Duuuuude, Syco, you may want to see if they have Joe the Barbarian in stock. It's an 8-part series, and 1-7 are already out, so you may not be too interested. But I think you'd dig it.
    Thanks! I really wanna check it out, but I suspect my shop won't have all 7 issues in stock tomorrow. Think it'll TPB?

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Morning Glories is pretty great and it's only on issue 2.

And also due to the Disney books your digging I'd highly recommend Thor: The Mighty Avenger. It's an all ages/non-continuity book written by the guy who's been doing those recent Muppets comics and with great artwork by Chris Samnee.
    I'm gonna look at both of these tomorrow. They both look pretty interesting. Thanks EWO!

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Thanks! I really wanna check it out, but I suspect my shop won't have all 7 issues in stock tomorrow. Think it'll TPB?

I'm gonna look at both of these tomorrow. They both look pretty interesting. Thanks EWO!
    Just found out that tomorrow comes out a reprint of the first two issues of Thor: The Mighty Avenger in a "Double Rainbow" edition for $3.99. Which would save some money over the $2.99 each price.
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Yeah. The hardcover comes out in January. TPB probably summer. Maybe fall. Keep an eye out for it. Joe the Barbarian.

warren ellis on the end of wildstorm

I don't think there's anything wrong with resting an idea. Let someone bring back The Authority in ten years, when there's something new worth saying about the subgenre and it takes a company-owned asset to say it with. Honestly, when *all* the superhero comics are about ripping people's bits off and rubbing dead cats over themselves while pretending to be on heroin, The Authority as originally executed really doesn't bring the different any more, does it?
    :lol:

He's correct, actually.
    Movie Theater Diary

I regret dropping Streets of Gotham. It seems like Dini is making better use of Hush than Loeb could ever imagine when he created the character.
    Movie Theater Diary

hush is still a pretty terrible character though

That's the thing. Dini had to completely reinvent him to make him actually fun to read.
    Movie Theater Diary

i got to the "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD" speech in walking dead

really bad. why do people like this book so much

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i got to the "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD" speech in walking dead

really bad. why do people like this book so much

Because it's awesome, and you're weird.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

"HAY GUYS, DID YOU SEE HOW I PUT THE TITLE OF THE BOOK IN THE SPEECH"

he's an awful writer. he has good ideas, but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them after conceiving them

he's like shyamalan in that way

TFAW's back to school sale hit 70% at midnight. Tons of great stuff. And free shipping code is "ZOMBIES".

http://www.tfaw.com/promos/steals

I had to limit my spending so I only spent $40. I ordered:

Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Vol. 2-6
    Astro Boy Vol. 3
    365 Samurai and a Few Bowls of Rice
    Lost World (Tezuka)
    DC: World War III TPB
    Clubbing (Minx)
    TV Recently Finished:

"HAY GUYS, DID YOU SEE HOW I PUT THE TITLE OF THE BOOK IN THE SPEECH"

he's an awful writer. he has good ideas, but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them after conceiving them

he's like shyamalan in that way

...nope, you're just weird.

Kirkman is a fantastic writer. That's pretty much the main reason why the title is such a success.

yes because how successful a book is a good way to measure its quality

yes because how successful a book is a good way to measure its quality

I didn't say that, did I?

You seem a little defensive.

It's a popular title critically, publically, and even here on MatchCut. So what if you don't like it? Different strokes.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Kirkman is a fantastic writer. That's pretty much the main reason why the title is such a success.
    than what does this mean?

he's straight up not a good writer, at least when it comes to drama. he just doesn't know how to sell it when it comes to dialogue

than what does this mean?
    It means...that the title...is a success? Are you actually debating whether or not it's popular and well-received by critics and audiences alike?

he's straight up not a good writer, at least when it comes to drama. he just doesn't know how to sell it when it comes to dialogue
    Well, I disagree. Completely.

Some of the best writing in the medium over the past few years.

well he isn't as bad as i make him out to be, but i just don't believe he's at all deserving of the acclaim he receives. i like the plot developments is the walking dead for the most part, but there's always a line of dialogue every couple of issues that leaves me absolutely dumbfounded, with the "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD" speech being the epitome of this

he seems like a cool enough guy, but i'm hoping that the show doesn't follow the book word for word. if that is the case, i think the weakness of his writing will really shine through

I think Invincible is great, mostly for the plotting. I remember the dialogue being very harmonious with the visual tone of the book. I should re-read that one.

Read TPBs 5-10 of Transmet today. Excellent, excellent series. A few missteps, the occasional irritation, the artwork has wonderful peaks and unfortunate valleys. Mitch Royce going total fucking badass was totally fucking badass.

does darrick robertson do all of transmetropolitan? love that guy. took a while to get used to him, but he's become one of my favorites. he's excellent at facial expressions and has absolutely killed it on the boys

wish he was able to do all the issues of it. not really a fan of john mccrea or the other fill-in artists