Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Dead remake

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Evil Dead remake

There's an interview in this month's Rue Morgue about Drag Me to Hell; where they talk about the special effects and how most of the movie is traditional effects instead of CGI. The interviewer asks the question about Evil Dead 4 to the special effects artist Greg Nicotero:

Are you planning on helping him acheive that noble goal yet again for Evil Dead 4? I know Ivan's been writing...
    Quote Quoting Nicotero
    :I would certainly hope so. I think there is definitely a continuity that we would provide considering that we were involved with Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness. Certainly Sam has mentioned it in passing, but he's never been very specific about it. There's nothing written in stone as for as I know but I would certainly be delighted to help Same torture Bruce again.
    I met Bruce Campbell back in 2005 and specially asked him about Evil Dead 4; his response wasn't too optimistic about playing a major role. I still want to see it made, and I still want Bruce in it somehow.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Right now I feel that Army of Darkness was a fine ending to the series. Would I go see another Evil Dead movie though if Bruce Campbell was involved, and Rami at least oversaw it? Eh, maybe. Also there should not be CGI used, and if so it should be utilized as little as possible.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Right now I feel that Army of Darkness was a fine ending to the series. Would I go see another Evil Dead movie though if Bruce Campbell was involved, and Rami at least oversaw it? Eh, maybe. Also there should not be CGI used, and if so it should be utilized as little as possible.
    But which ending are you choosing?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    But which ending are you choosing?
    Hah, touche. The actual regular ending [
    ] really is awesome. However, [
    ] has way more potential. Considering that Evil Dead II was a quasi-remake/sequel to the first one, its possible for the fourth film to just simply roll with the second ending instead of the ending Army of Darkness actually went with. I wouldn't mind, actually.

Of course there are still those in favor of having Ash battle Jason and Freddy, but that was already done in comic book form anyways and it would be kind of stupid.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

With the remake in development since 2004 (yikes!), Campbell told fans that he has actually read the script (who knows what draft, and by what writer) and loved it: "We are remaking 'Evil Dead.' The script is awesome. I will be one of the producers and possibly play the milk man."

The "milk man" casting is obviously a joke, but this does imply that he (unsurprisingly) won't return as Ashley J. Williams.

"In all honesty, we would all love to make another 'Evil Dead' movie," he continues. "When that will happen? Who can say - we're all working on other jobs right now. We're not trying to dodge anybody's questions, there just isn't that much to talk about. The remake's gonna kick ass—you have my word."
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/24174

Of course there are still those in favor of having Ash battle Jason and Freddy, but that was already done in comic book form anyways and it would be kind of stupid.
    This was posted before I actually read the comics. Silly me, it was actually really awesome, but as noted it wasn't done onscreen. Too bad.

If the remake has a solid lead in the title role of Ash, I won't necessarily have a problem with it happening. Really a forth movie with Campbell would rock harder, but I can't blame him for not wanting to return to the character. Yes it made him a star, but he's moved on and done other things since then, and My Name is Bruce was both entertaining and really funny.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Ummmm finally!

GHOST HOUSE PICTURES WILL RESURRECT THE DEAD

Original Producing Team – Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert & Bruce Campbell –

Remaking Horror Classic ‘The Evil Dead’

To be Written and Directed by Fede Alvarez

Los Angeles (July 13, 2011) – Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell (who also starred in the original franchise) are gearing up to remake their cult sensation THE EVIL DEAD through their long standing Ghost House Pictures partnership. Raimi and Tapert were such instant fans of Fede Alvarez’s short film “Panic Attack” that they set up a blind deal with the filmmaker and through that process have attached Fede Alvarez to write and direct the film. Alvarez wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Academy Award® winning screenwriter Diablo Cody is currently doing revisions on the draft. Ghost House is committed to renewing the franchise and has the film on the fast track.

Raimi, Tapert and Campbell will serve as producers. Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce. Nicole Brown and J.R. Young will oversee the project for Ghost House. Lionsgate will handle international sales on the film.

The three producing partners commented, "We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the ‘Evil Dead’ series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."

Raimi wrote, directed and, along with Tapert and Campbell, produced the original horror classic THE EVIL DEAD that tells the story of five twenty-something friends who become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. An archaeologist's tape recording reveals that the ancient text was discovered among the Khandarian ruins of a Sumerian civilization. Playing the taped incantations, the youths unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival. THE EVIL DEAD spawned a franchise with the equally successful installments EVIL DEAD II and ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Fede Alvarez is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content and attorney Karl Austen. Diablo Cody is represented by Sarah Self at WME, Mason Novick, and attorney Jeff Frankel of McKuin Frankel Whitehead LLP.

it's the same guy who made this from a while back:

[youtube]-dadPWhEhVk[/youtube]

"Oh my god, so unfollow! That tree is pulling a Julian Assange right now."
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Diablo Cody? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Diablo Cody? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Like I said elsewhere, this will be the first ED movie I will never see.

The news is almost as bad as David Goyer writing a new Godzilla remake.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I wonder if Ash will talk to the Deadites through his hamburger phone?

:|
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I don't need to see a Cody written movie to know that this is not a good idea. Interest is completely gone, now. Why would you hire someone who writes hip dialogue for a reboot of a horror series that relies on both really disturbing and dark moments and also camp and a really bleak sense of irony and humor?

Oh wait, because you have to repackage the whole thing to the youngin's as real cool, hip, and ironical. Of course! Its only a matter of time until remakes do in the current horror craze, and we're back to 1990s style limited horror offerings. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if we're getting movies like this and the Thing prequel.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

you're so negative today

Hey now I praised The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans. That's a great movie. And I'm not against remakes. Just ones that are sure to end up being terrible, or highly pointless.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Raimi is among the few elite where I will support anything he does, anywhere he does it. Raimi stands next to Fillion, as my #2.

[youtube]yKrq9FNBw7c[/youtube]

Towards the end, Bruce kind of acknowledges the fact that Cody is a controversial choice.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

"right back to the hardcore basics of it.. and no I'm not in it. I'm too old!"

So no comedy. Straight horror. I like that idea.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    "right back to the hardcore basics of it.. and no I'm not in it. I'm too old!"

So no comedy. Straight horror. I like that idea.
    I find it hard to believe that Diablo Cody is writing a horror film without gags.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I find it hard to believe that Diablo Cody is writing a horror film without gags.
    Or godawful dialogue.

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    People actually talk like that la la la la la.

No Ash in remake. That's the way it should be.

April 12, 2013

Lily Collins (The Blind Side, Priest, Mirror Mirror) is in final negotiations to play "Mia"

In this version, the story centers on five friends (David, Natalie, Eric, Olivia, and Mia) holed up at a remote cabin where they discover a Book of the Dead with a demonic force unleashed possessing each until only one is left to fight for survival. As we also exclusively reported, there is a drug subplot. As previously explained, David is a mechanic and is engaged to Natalie. Mia is the friend who is heading to the cabin to detox; Olivia is her best friend/nurse. Eric, presumably, is the kid who unleashes the demons. After a recent overdose, Mia struggles with her new-found sobriety. She begins acting insane, so it comes as no surprise that nobody believes her crazy claims of coyote dogs and trees attacking her!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast