View Poll Results: The Avengers (Joss Whedon)

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

69 93.24%
  • Nay

5 6.76%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Avengers (Joss Whedon)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    LOL the Hunger games one is great too so if you enjoyed that, check out the others.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Mildly funny, if only because he makes fun of stuff that's factually wrong.

I watched this again last night and had a "duh" moment about the whole controlling Hulk thing.

We tried to explain that rampage on the helicarrier with "the change was involuntary" and "he's still under Loki's spell" etc, but I think the simplest and probably most accurate explanation is just that he wanted to go after Black Widow.

Remember at the beginning, when Black Widow is recruiting Banner, Banner yelled "Stop lying to me!" at her, but then he started to trust her somewhat over the course of the first half. Right before he changed on the helicarrier, Black Widow told him everything's going to be okay, and that pissed Banner off again because she's lying again. Banner yelled "Okay?!" at her, then blew up into the Hulk.

There's actually no inconsistency between the two Hulks.

He's just a rage monster that has to be aimed by Banner. In the climax, he directed it at Loki and his army, but on the helicarrier, Banner actually directed it at Black Widow (until Thor started attacking him).
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Well ... this was pretty fucking awesome. I haven't had 2+ hours fly by like that in a long time. I also haven't audibly gasped during a film in I have no idea how long, and I did it here, twice!

[
    ]

Hulk really stole the show for me. Pretty much every scene he was in made me giggle a little bit, if not outright laugh. I really like Ruffalo's play on Banner.

Whedon's impeccable characterization shines yet again.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So good!
    Leather Boobs and Gay Bane. :lol:

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Here's the Avenger's nail in the coffin for the Matchie Best VFX

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324