Thread: Cookbooks

Cookbooks

I must admit - I'm not much of a recreational reader. Although I read quite a lot, fully 90% of the reading I do is done with the aim of teaching myself something, be it how to do some sorta music thing, how to build a patio or, as most often is the case, how to make something really nice for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any time in between.

That being said, I have enough cookbooks that I'm probably gonna need to buy a dedicated bookshelf just to hold them all, and I bet there's a lot of you out there who have some favorite cookbooks out there too. This thread is where we can talk about them.

I'll open it up with the obvious questions: what are some of your favorite cookbooks? What are some of your favorite recipes in those cookbooks?

I'll share some of mine a little later.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I've got a bunch I'm going through and have found some great recipes. There's one I'm aching to try from one of Gordon Ramsay's cookbooks. Its a filet w/ mushrooms on top. It involves cream, too, and looks absolutely mouth watering.....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I'd love to steal some recipes.

I only buy cookbooks as presents for others so I can't share much unless it's a recipe from a Puerto Rican Cookbook you'd like to try out. :P
    My Mom - 10

Quote Quoting jenniferofthejungle (view post)
    I'd love to steal some recipes.

I only buy cookbooks as presents for others so I can't share much unless it's a recipe from a Puerto Rican Cookbook you'd like to try out. :P
    I'd be all over that action!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I'd be all over that action!
    Awesome. :lol: I'll look through a few favorite recipes and jot them down (or scan them) here tomorrow.
    My Mom - 10