Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumper Ad Campaign Fusing with Vista!?

Jumper Ad Campaign Fusing with Vista!?

Just saw a commercial that started out exactly like a tv spot for Jumper, but about 10 seconds in, Christiansen's character sat at his sofa and used his remote control to turn his TV to a Windows Vista commercial. Those commercials where the person (with their head usually out of sight) creates little 3D doodles on the screen with their hands talking about "I can order baseball tickets and blah blah blah!" The celebrity this time was Serena Williams talking about appearances in video games and stuff. All the while she's talking, Christiansen's character was warping in and out of her commercial, even interacting with her a bit. After the Vista portion of the commercial was over, it finished the Jumper spot, including date when it arrives in theatres, credit list, and rating.

What. The. Fuck.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw this too. What a lame attempt at generating interest.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Yeah, I saw this too. What a lame attempt at generating interest.
    As if anyone's not interested yet!

... right?
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    As if anyone's not interested yet!

... right?
    I'm afraid I can't get behind this one.

*goes online and purchases another Bratz DVD*

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I'm afraid I can't get behind this one.

*goes online and purchases another Bratz DVD*
    *jumps to imdb*
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

There's another one with American Express or some credit card.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This is a great form of advertising. It's taking synergy to the next level. Why advertise for one product, when you can advertise for a number of semi-related ones at the same time? This especially works given the market of Gould's original book - hardcore, techy, sci-fi fans.

It is taking the product placement from a film and giving it a real-world presence. If Microsoft paid for some of the film's production, and has its products in the film, it makes sense for the film to have itself in the advertisements for the products.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    This is a great form of advertising. It's taking synergy to the next level. Why advertise for one product, when you can advertise for a number of semi-related ones at the same time? This especially works given the market of Gould's original book - hardcore, techy, sci-fi fans.

It is taking the product placement from a film and giving it a real-world presence. If Microsoft paid for some of the film's production, and has its products in the film, it makes sense for the film to have itself in the advertisements for the products.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)

Oh I get that. And I know it's hardly new. Shrek shlepping for Burger King or whatever is basically the same thing as a lower life form. But this took things to a new level. The entire double ad was probably a minute long. Slippery slope means we could be getting fused ad campaigns for stuff that doesn't even remotely connect to each other at some point down the line. Just because. What's the SNL line? "Goes together like Dr. Pepper and Trout."

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    At least I'm not the "hip" Mac kid.

If someone compared me to John Hodgman, I'd take that as a compliment too. That guy's awesome.

That movie looks awful, aside from the blantant product placement.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I guess I'm probably the only one who saw this movie over teh weekend. My gf dragged me to it and it will confirm that aside from the visuals, and the concept of doing whatever you want to do if you could teleport this movie is god awful. Hayden is by far the worst actor I've come acorss in a long time. His presence on screen is shameful. I have no idea how he got casted into this part. Stay away.

There were parts in the trailer that led me to believe they end up on the moon at one point.

Does this actually happen?

If it does, I may watch it on cable some day just because that's so ridiculous it could be funny.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Oh, man. Despite the fact that the reviews are horrible, I totally regret not seeing this this weekend. Next! Next weekend!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    There were parts in the trailer that led me to believe they end up on the moon at one point.

Does this actually happen?

If it does, I may watch it on cable some day just because that's so ridiculous it could be funny.
    Not even close. I know exactly what you're referring to. And the only thing that I can say about it, unless you want me to just tell you, is that it's misleading and inconsistent at the same time.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not even close. I know exactly what you're referring to. And the only thing that I can say about it, unless you want me to just tell you, is that it's misleading and inconsistent at the same time.

Damn...that's disheartening. That's about the only reason I would see this movie.

And I agree with you on Hayden Christensen - not even good ol' Canadian pride can make me like that guy.

I wish he had made good on his promise to "retire" from acting after Revenge of the Sith.

I used to not mind him because he was apparently a pretty decent guy in real life - so despite the fact that he couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag, he still had that going for him. But apparently he's become quite arrogant, and Doug Liman said he was surprised by how he treated his co-stars in this.

Didn't really look like the moon to me. Just a desert. But then I didn't see the movie.

Read a funny review where the guy was like, "How many times are they going to cast Hayden Christiansen in movies amid enormous special effects spectacle before they realize he's not the kind of actor capable of making that stuff work?"
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    Hayden's great as an awkward twerp, seems to come naturally to him. He needs to be cast in more roles like the one he nailed in Shattered Glass.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

He did indeed. One of his few good performances.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    Hayden's great as an awkward twerp, seems to come naturally to him. He needs to be cast in more roles like the one he nailed in Shattered Glass.
    Weird thing is, he plays almost the exact same character in Jumper. He's shy, quiet and awkward, like he is shortly portrayed in high school...., and continues to act that way with the girl he grew up loving... his chemistry on screen with Rachel Bilson is very uncomfortable.. I feel bad for Doug Liman who had to work with Christiansen. I can imagine he got very little to work with.

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)

I actually thought Shattered Glass was a great movie all-round.

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    Apparently they're doing it with a lot of different products. For a crappy movie, the advertisements are really, really cool.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    reviewers are right. jumper is fun when it's fun. actually it's so much fun i can really recommend it. and the rest is not too messy either, more like incomprehensible due to cramping in a lot of material in only 90 minutes. if anything the movie is refreshing in showing despicable characters having it at one another. this is one nihilistic little film.

i hope this movie does well in the box office. a full jumper trilogy might be kinda cool.
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    reviewers are right. jumper is fun when it's fun. actually it's so much fun i can really recommend it. and the rest is not too messy either, more like incomprehensible due to cramping in a lot of material in only 90 minutes. if anything the movie is refreshing in showing despicable characters having it at one another. this is one nihilistic little film.

i hope this movie does well in the box office. a full jumper trilogy might be kinda cool.
    What did you think of Sam Jackson's character? The above the law, pretending to be from any organization, no reason to hate the Jumpers but yet wants to kill them all for no reason character?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast