Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Movie Database

Thanks for picking up my slack here, dude. Probably my biggest mistake when doing this thread was trying to add people's opinions who didn't actually vote in the polls, but either rated or commented on the movie either positively or negatively. That gets hard to keep track of real quick for some of the bigger movies.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Thanks for picking up my slack here, dude. Probably my biggest mistake when doing this thread was trying to add people's opinions who didn't actually vote in the polls, but either rated or commented on the movie either positively or negatively. That gets hard to keep track of real quick for some of the bigger movies.
    I can imagine. I figure if they are too lazy (or uninterested) to vote in the polls then we shouldn't have to hunt down their choice elsewhere.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    so I have a question then, let's say I do the yay nay and rate the men in black 3 thread but I don't reply to the thread because I don't have anything to say. Do you find out about this even though the movie is on page 5? Or do you add to the list when someone replies?

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    so I have a question then, let's say I do the yay nay and rate the men in black 3 thread but I don't reply to the thread because I don't have anything to say. Do you find out about this even though the movie is on page 5? Or do you add to the list when someone replies?
    It makes it way easier for me if you post something because it bumps the thread to the top but otherwise I just have to go through and check every thread which is what I did for the most recent update. At least now that I have gone through every thread and updated I have a number of how many votes in each thread so it makes it a little easier to recheck but nowhere near as easy as if someone posts something in the thread.

Now if someone changes their yay/nay for a movie and doesn't post something stating this it's really difficult to notice.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

There's actually an option in the admin settings that make it so that a thread is automatically bumped if someone votes in a poll even without posting. Raiders disabled that option after about a week, since some people weren't fans of threads getting bumped without new posts added and the confusion that might have caused, but I gotta say, especially later on in the year, that setting still in place would have made updating this thread TREMENDOUSLY easier. Would have literally saved hours upon hours of time...

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I say do it!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Definitely not. It goes to the new posts option as well, hence the confusion. I hated it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Dredd (2012)-Yay
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I added threads for In the House and Lay the Favorite.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I added threads for In the House and Lay the Favorite.
    I usually update about once a week so they'll get added soon. In the House will be moved to 2013 since we go by US release dates.
    TV Recently Finished:

It's been a couple months since I updated so I did a complete sweep and updated every film.
    TV Recently Finished:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123