Thread: An Observation

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

An Observation

I created this as a new thread so the post didn't get lost in one of the battles. I think the voting is staying open way too long. At two weeks apiece this tournament will drag on. I feel like it needs to be less than a week for each battle to keep things moving and keep people interested. I know if I have to wait for two weeks before round two begins, I'm liable to lose interest.

Anyone else have an opinion?

2 days max is best.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That's just a technicality I overlooked. I wasn't going to go by the full 14 days. I knew I needed to close the poll and threw in an arbitrary number. I still have 18 more FIRST ROUND fights to go through. A few days after I post the last FIRST ROUND fight, I would start the SECOND ROUND between the first two fights I posted. But from now on, I'll shorten the closing time of the poll to 3 or 4 days. I appreciate the comments since I started this game so abruptly.

What's the hurry anyway?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    No hurry, it's just fun to see the results. Having a quick deadline as you keep an eye on close battles brings a bit more excitement to it. Take for instance the battle between The Creature and Jason. There's one vote separating them, and waiting another 11 days for it to go final makes me forget about it entirely. If I voted for something 14 days ago, I won't remember the deadline approaching and thus won't really feel any level of excitement.

Anyone know any good software to make custom tournament brackets?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm in favor of making it so the voting lasts only two minutes. Speed voting is the way of the future.

[youtube]4_Pbx9mvWPY[/youtube]
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

1 final on Tues and 2 on Sat. Hence why this has stalled. Will be back next week. Promise.

*cough*
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    When is the next round?

Soon. Midterms this Sat and work has been killing me.

3 weeks until I graduate and I will finish this up. My work blocked photobucket (hence the delay since May), so I am unable to get my images from work and when I'm home I'm typically studying. (or playing Diablo, but mostly studying)

Mods, can we delete all of the threads in this section?

I'm restarting this in the fall towards Halloween and I've got a good idea on how to fix the lopsided battles.

It should be a much better tournament.