Thread: "The Side Effect" - new sci-fi from Ti West

"The Side Effect" - new sci-fi from Ti West

Liv Tyler to star in Ti West's next project, a sci-fi film called The Side Effect

A little blurb from the article that describes the concept and its genesis...

The story will center around Catherine Rigby (Tyler), who is working alone in space as an experimental subject for a pharmaceutical company when she suddenly and mysteriously becomes pregnant. As she tries to find out how this happened, paranoia sets in as she continues to float alone in space. Last March, West filled us in on the inspiration for the movie. "I had a very difficult run-in with an insurance company and that's what [begat the film]. It was me against a corporation and I just knew I couldn't win so I felt like I was going to make this as painful for them as possible because this is unfair. So I would just drag it out and [that element] -- one person against a corporation -- is what started the idea," he said about the movie that he described as "much more high-concept idea then my movies usually are."
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

West is good. I'm eager to see whatever he puts out.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    West is good. I'm eager to see whatever he puts out.

Agreed!

It's exciting to see such a young guy with such control and restraint. He made a frickin' bat movie scary.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."