Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The PRO/CON/yay/nay/erect phallus/hamster Olive Branch Proposal

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    We want the most participation out of MC for the lists to be valuable. That’s not to say a critically acclaimed NON blockbuster can’t be on the list. Example: Moon (2009).
    Personally, I can't think of anything less interesting to get from MatchCut than a consensus opinion on uber-mainstream films where the consensus is a given. Gee, I wonder if the majority of MC likes Star Wars, Jaws or [insert IMdB top 250 film here]. I don't see what could possibly be gained aside from clutter since we all know what the final results will be. Now, if there were a different focus every month or quarter like "cult films", "silent horror films", "female-directed arthouse fare" (you know, use it to encourage people to seek out new films rather than rate the same films they've been rating since they were 13), then maybe we'd get some interesting discoveries and results in the end.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Personally, I can't think of anything less interesting to get from MatchCut than a consensus opinion on uber-mainstream films where the consensus is a given. Gee, I wonder if the majority of MC likes Star Wars, Jaws or [insert IMdB top 250 film here]. I don't see what could possibly be gained aside from clutter since we all know what the final results will be. Now, if there were a different focus every month or quarter like "cult films", "silent horror films", "female-directed arthouse fare" (you know, use it to encourage people to seek out new films rather than rate the same films they've been rating since they were 13), then maybe we'd get some interesting discoveries and results in the end.
    Well I don't believe the Majority of MC operates the same way as the IMDB top 250 list but Ok.

You bring up an interesting idea though.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    What are everyone's thoughts of a YAY/NAY thread for movies PRE-2010?
    I'm for anything that lends itself to discussion. To Derek's point, I'm not sure if talking about old mainstream stuff would lend itself to the site's strengths, which in my mind is more about discovering obscure, small, out of the way shit nobody talks about anywhere else.

Still could be fun though. The best way to start would be to go to the wiki & create threads based on the top 10 consensus films for each decade or year.

2001: A Space Odyssey got a lot of yays. Weird.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    2001: A Space Odyssey got a lot of yays. Weird.
    The parts that almost put me to sleep got a nay from me. Otherwise, its a pretty lock solid yay.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Point taken. Mainstream stuff not a good idea.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Initial impressions in the 2012 section; there hasn't been a movie someone dislikes yet...

Initial impressions in the 2012 section; there hasn't been a movie someone dislikes yet...
    Devil Inside got yays?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Devil Inside got yays?
    I'm going by the thread ratings.

Is this necessarily a bad thing?
    Well I don't know. I'm testing the system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12