Thread: The Bargain Thread

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

My wife suggested we watch the Lord Of The Rings series.

"Sorry honey, I got rid of the dvds because I knew I would want the blu-rays. But now that you mention it, they are on sale at amazon for $49.99."

"Buy it."

"Yes, dear."

When I purchased both seasons on the respective days they came out, I knew I was completely disregarding the fact that both would end up eventually having their prices knocked down. Oh well.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Gracias. I bought the first season when it was $9.99 last year on Black Friday. Bought season two this morning. That is some incredible savings.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    When I purchased both seasons on the respective days they came out, I knew I was completely disregarding the fact that both would end up eventually having their prices knocked down. Oh well.
    This is true of everything you can buy on a disc.

Anyone see anything good for Cyber Monday? This tends to be the day I shop for... well, me.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I haven't seen anything special so far.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I see a few TVs that are much cheaper than what they were on Friday.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I like t.v.

All on Amazon:

Complete series of Daria: $21.49

1st Season of Justified: $12.49, or $15.49 for blu-ray

1st Season of Downton Abbey: $13.99 or blu-ray for $16.99

Complete series of The Wire: $94.99

Complete series of The West Wing: $89.99 (if I didn't already own it, I would be all over this.)

Star Trek: The Next Generation complete series: $147.49

Generation Kill on blu-ray: $23.99

Seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad for $11-16 each.

Seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad on blu-ray for $14-20 each.

Jeeves & Wooster complete series: $20.99

Think I'm buying Community. Can't really afford anything else.
    ...and the milk's in me.

They're also going cheap on Buffy seasons, about $10-13 bucks each, but not giving a big discount on the full series ($109.99.) Dumb.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Okay, I may also get the two seasons of Dollhouse for $13 & $16. I feel odd getting them when they're available on Netflix Instant, but they might be gone someday, and then where will I be?

But enough shopping for me now. I'm so spoiled.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It was a 40 inch 1080p 60Hz Westinghouse for $379 at Best Buy (with free shipping if you don't want to go to the store). This TV was over $400 on Friday.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That Generation Kill bluray is mighty tempting.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Jesus Christ, Best Buy is just the worst.

So get this. On Friday, I bought Eastbound & Down S1&2 and Where the Wild Things Are Bluray on Bestbuy.com. I checked store pickup and it said that they are all available at my nearest store, so I chose that. The next day, I get an email saying all three items are ready to be picked up. Excellent. I went there today and stood in the pickup line. I get there and guy tells me that he can give me EB&D, but they couldn't find WTWTA so he tells me to call their toll free number to get a refund or have it shipped to me free. Annoying, but whatever, I can wait for the shipping. But while I'm here, I'm just gonna see what other Blurays are on sale. Oh look, what's this I goddamn find on the goddamn shelf right here in the goddamn Bluray section? It's a Bluray copy of Where the Wild Thing Are! I am a mix of pleased and inconvenienced.

So I head back over to store pickup. Long line has formed and guy who was helping me earlier has been replaced by a girl who, when I try to explain to her the situation, interrupts me to say that the order probably wasn't ready and I had to wait for a confirmation email. I said no, and give her the order number so she can look up on the computer herself what happened. She does, and tries to condescendingly explain to me that it was simply unavailable at the time the order was placed, but it's available today. Then why the fuck did you guys tell me to come pick it up on Saturday, you asshole? At this point I just ask if I can take this thing home. She says no, but I can go to the checkout line and pay for it for the same price I already paid.

I go wait in the checkout line, then I explain it again to the cashier, she rings it up for the online price, go home, and now I gotta call the Bestbuy toll number to make sure I get refunded for my online purchase.

Seriously, fuck retail.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That doesn't sound like a bargain at all... Way to go off topic.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, out of 5 instore pickup orders at bestbuy they haven't had the item in stock 3 times after sending me an email stating the item was ready to be picked up. I don't do instore pickup anymore.
    TV Recently Finished:

Best Buy sucks for everthing that isn't a TV. (at least for me, because no sales tax here in NH)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Best Buy sucks for everthing that isn't a TV. (at least for me, because no sales tax here in NH)
    I don't mind going into the store and buying a game or something but dealing with their customer service is terrible.

They actually are a really good place to trade in games. They have far better trade in values then gamestop and offer 40-50% bonuses pretty much continuously.
    TV Recently Finished:

Id rather buy my game from Amazon. Free shipping. Launch day delivery, cheaper prices for older games.

No one should use Best Buy or Gamestop for trading games. Goozex people. Goozex.

Id rather buy my game from Amazon. Free shipping. Launch day delivery, cheaper prices for older games.

No one should use Best Buy or Gamestop for trading games. Goozex people. Goozex.
    I'm basically an Amazon spokesman as much as I'm talking them up and spending there so yeah I buy 99% of my games there but if I get trade in credit I'll get the game at best buy. I usually check trade in values at amazon or best buy to see which one offers the largest amount. If they're close I'll go to best buy to trade in because I don't feel like waiting the 3 weeks it takes the third party amazon uses for their trade ins to go through and verify everything and credit my account. No interest in Goozex.
    TV Recently Finished:

Since my game backlog is so large and I turn around games relitively fast, Goozex appeals to me more. I can queue up dozens of games while playing one title. Over time, the values of the games I want go down while the ones I trade in stay the same. I can get full value of the game I'm playing which means I can get up to 4 free games for trading in my one game. You're right, Amazon and BB have better trade in values than Gamestop. Those poor kids that use Gamestop.

Those poor kids that use Gamestop.
    That's where I go to buy new N64 controllers when one of mine poops out. Seriously, screw whomever decided controllers shouldn't last fifteen years. My family has a little something I like to call loyalty. We've played Mario Party 3 since I was in college, and we're going to play it until our grandkids pry it out of our hands.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    I still play my extensive catalog of NES and SNES games far more often than I do any of my PS3 games.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Battlestar Galactica Complete Series Blu-Ray set $94.99 / amazon deal of the day

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...d_i=1000747021

Lowest price it's ever been.
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Battlestar Galactica Complete Series Blu-Ray set $94.99 / amazon deal of the day

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...d_i=1000747021

Lowest price it's ever been.
    Also complete DVD for $80.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast