Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The number8 really hates cops thread

cops that murdered a homeless man on tape found not guilty

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2qKwwtQCn

Of course not.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Sickening. And only made worse when you consider how many millions of people are in prison for petty drug charges, while police can be videotaped murdering someone and get off scott free. The saddest part is I think we'd all be much more shocked if they actually were found guilty.

LAPD shoot 2 hostages fleeing their captor, killing one b/c he fit the ultraspecific description of the criminal - White man in black shirt. It'll be interesting to see if murdering innocent white people actually leads to significant disciplinary actions. Probably not.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-79882955/

This is Will Ferrell character level dumb.

(Warning: no death but someone does get shot. Not graphic.)

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

By the way, great blue wall in all this. This massive idiot was investigated by IA in 2009 and quit before he could be disciplined, and just worked as a sheriff's deputy elsewhere. Then the troopers fucking hired him back thee years later in 2012.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/09/19/3...lved.html?rh=1

Then in 2013, the massive idiot pulled over the head of the Department of Public Safety (not knowing who he is) and tried to slap on a bogus DUI charge, which obviously didn't stick because there's no alcohol on the guy. The DPS head complained about the massive idiot, and he was fired for muckraking while the massive idiot just "underwent a counseling session after the 2013 incident because the offense was considered a minor policy violation."

http://www.wistv.com/story/21454237/...-firing-arrest

The massive idiot is fired now, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on him actually facing any punishment for this attempted murder.
    Movie Theater Diary

What a fucker. If you approach a guy outside his vehicle and ask for license, wouldn't you think he might reach in his vehicle? Shit, seems common sense that you would stay back until he turned around and produced whatever...that way if he goes for a gun, you are behind cover of your vehicle. Instead he walks right up behind him. Some people just need hit by a bus.

Groubert was charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, a felony which carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison, according to a news release from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.
    He's currently out on 75,000 bond.

Article.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

It's amazing how many cops involved in these types of incidents are fired from previous police work and then rehired again or rehired by other departments. Monumentally stupid.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    He's currently out on 75,000 bond.

Article.
    Yeah that's a no brainer. I don't think anyone needs to drum up any internet fauxrage about that one.

I did get sick of a few people in my fb feed still trying to make a cause celebre out of the Django actress even after an audio recording surfaced revealing an extremely patient cop dealing with the race card and the publicist card.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Whoa, a city in Florida has disbanded its entire police department.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...LES/140939932?

Five cops whistleblowed on the department and took down the police chief. This part is nice:

After the meeting, Waldo Police Officer Brandon Roberts -- who led the Aug. 26 presentation that unveiled the unlawful ticket quota -- unpinned his badge and smiled. He said he found it funny that the actions of Szabo and Smith led to the loss of his job, but he said what he and four officers did was in the fabric of the oath they swore to as officers.

“It's what was right,” Roberts said. “A lot of people complain about cops not stepping across the blue line, and this is a prime example, because you have to worry about this kind of stuff.”

Roberts added that the resignations of Szabo and Smith were worth the loss of his own job.
    Movie Theater Diary

Everyone knows about this, hopefully, but if not:

City-Wide Cop Watch Training Series
    Presented by People’s Justice for Community Control and Police Accountability (a coalition of CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities, the Malcom X Grassroots Movement, and the Justice Committee)

FREE hands-on training to learn how to monitory and document the police as safely and effectively as possible. Learn your rights, educate your community, conduct cop watch, and deter police abuse!

Manhattan Training: Monday, October 6 from 6:30-8:30pm
    CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities
    55 Hester St., Chinatown, Manhattan

Queens Training: Wednesday, October 15 from 6:30-8:30pm
    DRUM 72-18 Roosevelt Ave., Jackson Heights, Queens

Brooklyn Training: Thursday, October 30 from 7:00-9:00pm
    Judah International Christian Center 141 Rogers Ave., Crown Heights, Brooklyn

Been hearing more and more about this. Rage. Absolute rage.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Second mistrial for Detroit cop who shot a sleeping 7 year old in the head during a SWAT raid being filmed for A&E's The First 48. Involuntary manslaughter already thrown out.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...detroit_p.html

Since the shooting incident 4 years ago, he's still working on the same SWAT team.
    Movie Theater Diary

Cop tries to eject subway busker, busker tells him the exact article on the MTA rules that allows him to play there (you can look it up, he's right), the cop then reads it out loud but fails to understand it.

Goddamn, just how many cops actually understand laws?
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That looks like Boston - the green line.

edit: Read the description- NYC.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Trying to debate someone who is either possibly racist or heavily biased over the Brown shooting on Facebook is really hard in terms of me avoiding name calling and or telling them to fuck off. I don't care if Brown was close to the cop I still fail to see how that warranted or justified the shooting. And I don't care if Brown had weed in his system: weed doesn't make you go psycho.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Have you seen this?

I don't know how these scumbags live with themselves.

http://stpeteforpeace.org/pastevents/tentcity.html

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't know how these scumbags live with themselves.

http://stpeteforpeace.org/pastevents/tentcity.html
    Did you mean to post a seven year old news article?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

What is the statute of limitations on scumbaggery?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    What is the statute of limitations on scumbaggery?
    There isn't any I was just checking.

Have you hear about this Rodney King stuff? It's really messed up.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yes, both these incidents are equally well known. C'mon man.

Fuck 'em all.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Fuck 'em all.
    So edgy!

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast