Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

$31.50 pizza? I hope it's amazing

Duke, what do you get on the subscribe/save service?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    $31.50 pizza? I hope it's amazing

Duke, what do you get on the subscribe/save service?
    HAha. It doesn't look like you can subscribe to that listing. Only certain Amazon offerings but typically it's a pretty big discont. And the best part is you can cancel expected shipments.

Like for example, I have a subscription to Degree deodorant. And sometimes I'll still have plenty in stock so I cancel the next shipment by a month and still get the savings.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    HAha. It doesn't look like you can subscribe to that listing. Only certain Amazon offerings but typically it's a pretty big discont. And the best part is you can cancel expected shipments.

Like for example, I have a subscription to Degree deodorant. And sometimes I'll still have plenty in stock so I cancel the next shipment by a month and still get the savings.
    I don't think i could subscribe to deodorant for I have no idea how long they last. Seems like a long time. And then I buy a new one. Weird.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I don't think i could subscribe to deodorant for I have no idea how long they last. Seems like a long time. And then I buy a new one. Weird.
    I subscribe to everything.

deodorant
    tooth paste
    bottled water
    whey protein
    soap
    body wash

whatever i can. I have a general idea on when I run out of everything and I save money in by subscribing.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I signed up for Prime. The free selection on Amazon Instant Video is pathetic.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Did you do this because of the new viacom deals?

No, it's for the shipping. I didn't even check what instant videos you get until after I signed up.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I got a deal for half off Prime in January and did it mainly for the shipping as well. Figured the video would be a nice bonus. At least I only paid half price.

So Bezos found one of the Apollo rockets on the ocean floor. He wants to retrieve it and put it in a Seattle museum.

The weird part is they mention the rockets "remain the property of NASA"... so if Bezos spends all the money, they are hoping NASA will let him keep it. What would be the alternative? NASA lets them spend the money to retrieve and they walk in and take it away? Seems odd.

Oh Kindle Fires are also $139 if anyone wants one.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Oh Kindle Fires are also $139 if anyone wants one.
    I saw that but I think I'll wait since the consensus is that a new Fire with a 10 inch screen will be out by the end of the year.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I wish the new Fire was the same size just with upgraded hardware. I like being able to hold the Fire with one hand simulating a book. I don't want a 10 inch tablet.

I wish the new Fire was the same size just with upgraded hardware. I like being able to hold the Fire with one hand simulating a book. I don't want a 10 inch tablet.
    Five minutes after my last post I ordered one. I'm such an amazon whore.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Just arrived today! It's so sweet.
    TV Recently Finished:

FINALLY!

Amazon Instant Video available on PS3

Now I really DONT need a Roku anymore...

FINALLY!

Amazon Instant Video available on PS3

Now I really DONT need a Roku anymore...
    Why is that good? When I want to watch Amazon Prime videos, I just plug my laptop into my TV's spare HDMI cable....

Ha!
    Movie Theater Diary

I see what you did there.

Do you want a real response or a sarcastic one?

I don't care.

Then neither do I.

The Amazon app is much slicker than the Netflix one. Happy the added it.

now all i need is an android app and i'll be satisfied

I like how Sycophant left Match Cut for a temporary time because of a hostile nature but it's certainly okay for him to do it to others.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I don't even know how to respond to that.

EDIT: But I guess I'll try!

I was attempting a little bit of jesting and wasn't trying to be combative. Perhaps I failed in that and it came off as more hostile than I wanted. If I offended anyone, that wasn't my intention. I don't want to make people uncomfortable.

But if it's uncool to poke a little fun at other's opinions or (especially) the way they present them, then maybe Match Cut really isn't for me anymore.

EDIT EDIT: Oh god, is my past here so tainted now that I can't actually post anything without making people uncomfortable? Am I the cancer that's killing Match Cut?

Nah I don't think it was the ribbing, I understood the joke and was legitimately called out. It was more of your response after the ribbing which undervalues the ribbing in the first place. I don't mind explaining myself, but if you "don't care" about my response than it suggests you just want to "rib and run" which may suggest you just want to call me out because you enjoy finding flaws in my posting habits?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast