Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I can't do it. Constantly zooming in and out not only drives me crazy, but it really does a disrespect to the artist's layout of the page. It's like looking at a painting through a doggy door.

It's different if we're talking comic strips, or a webcomic specifically designed for a screen in mind, but I think these comic pages, because they're meant for print, should be seen all at once. You're already sacrificing the power of the two-page spread, why sacrifice further?
    If it's like my MacBook, you can change how you read it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    so duke, can this thing play avi files? read cbr/cbz (non-proprietary comic files)?

it's looking like i have to convert files to one of the limited file types the thing reads, which removes one of the selling points of android over ios

i love that i can just drag and drop avi files i've downloaded onto my phone without having to go through some video converting software to make sure it can play the damn thing
    I can test this. I have tons of avi files I can copy to it.

It syncs so fucking well with iTunes it's awesome. Transferred all of my purchases using the Amazon cloud tool. So now i have my iTunes on the Amazon cloud and I can pick and choose which device to download it to. Sick.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Oy, I don't like that at all. No thank you. I knew the screen would be too small to function right.

Even 10" tablets is a little less than ideal for me to read comics on, but hell, why would you go smaller than that?
    I re-bought every Walking Dead issue and it works great (yeh I know I wasted a ton of money but whatever). What don't you like about it? The panel-panel view? Because I think that's the best feature for it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Amazon Prime...

How's the instant streaming on it? Do they have newer stuff quicker then Netflix?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Amazon Prime...

How's the instant streaming on it? Do they have newer stuff quicker then Netflix?
    It's the same as Netflix for the free stuff. BUT, if you're an avid movie watcher (like most of us here are), it's $1.99 for a two day rental, opposed to the Comcast $9.99-14.99 price. I just rented Horrible Bosses like this.

ALSO, if you buy Blu-rays, most of them come with the Digital Copy, in which you can register the digital copy as an iTunes, WMP or Amazon copy. If you pick the Amazon copy, they'll give you a credit to buy the movie on your amazon account and you can download it your Kindles and PC ( or stream it on Amazon). However, the Amazon stream for these movies expire in a few years, so at one point you'll need to download it to a device.

so duke, any word on the avi playback on kindle fire

Last night I ripped all my Digital Copies of my purchased Blu-ray movies on my PC (all in AVI format). I'll put them on the Kindle tonight and report back. Promise.

There's a neat feature built into Kindles where you can e-mail yourself files and they get stored on the cloud for you. You can choose whether or not to download it directly to the device or keep it on the cloud. Whatever e-mail you used to register your Kindle (also your Amazon account) is used only the domain is substituted as @Kindle.com. Example, I use Dukefrukem [at] gmail as my Amazon account, so I can attach files and send them to Dukefrukem [at] Kindle and they'll appear on the cloud for me. PDFs work great.

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    Can thread title please be changed to The Amazon Thread (For the Duke who Played With (His) Fire ?
    Writing things for A Horizontal Myth.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I own almost 100 blu-rays now and maybe 5 came with a digital copy so "most of them" is being a little generous.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I hate Amazon.

Too many air ducts.

//joke never gets old
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

Somewhere in there is the Ark of the Covenant.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I hate Amazon.

Too many air ducts.

//joke never gets old

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I own almost 100 blu-rays now and maybe 5 came with a digital copy so "most of them" is being a little generous.
    I own about 40 and I think 39 came with Digital Copies.

MP4 Yay
    WMP Nay
    AVI Nay

Bummer. You need to convert them to Mp4.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I own about 40 and I think 39 came with Digital Copies.
    What the hell kind of blu-rays are you buying? The only blu's I've seen even have digital copies is the big budget mainstream action films and kids movies and the one's of those even with digital copies are rare.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Ok, I just went through amazon's top 100 selling blu-rays and 30 of them come with digital copies so I guess they are little more prevalent then I had thought.
    TV Recently Finished:

I must admit, I was exaggerating. But you're right, Seven Samurai, Enter the Void and Antichrist are not going to have a digital copy. But Inception, Back to the Future and Hanna will.

I have zero interest in digital copies so if you want any of mine let me know. The only two I have that are still valid are Rango and Mimic: Director's Cut.
    TV Recently Finished:

I have zero interest in digital copies so if you want any of mine let me know. The only two I have that are still valid are Rango and Mimic: Director's Cut.
    I would take Rango if Duke is not interested. Not sure how they work, or if I would need a Kindle Fire, but if it's possible and you're giving it away, my kids would love it.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I would take Rango if Duke is not interested. Not sure how they work, or if I would need a Kindle Fire, but if it's possible and you're giving it away, my kids would love it.
    Duke made me aware that you have to use the digital copy disc that comes with the blu-ray to use them so I can't give them to him either. I guess there is some which don't require a disc but none of the one's I have.
    TV Recently Finished:

Duke made me aware that you have to use the digital copy disc that comes with the blu-ray to use them so I can't give them to him either. I guess there is some which don't require a disc but none of the one's I have.
    Ah. That's okay. Nice of you to offer it though.

I went ahead and transferred all my digital copies to itunes just in case my wife wanted to watch them on her phone or something. I found out that even if the code says it's expired it will still work. I had a few that expired in 2009 and 2010 and they all worked.
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    MP4 Yay
    WMP Nay
    AVI Nay

Bummer. You need to convert them to Mp4.
    bleh

i have read that you can sideload apps onto the kindle fire without rooting it. i guess you just have to find an app with the right codecs that's compatible with the fire

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast