Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    That's great news
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Well, that settles it. I'll be selling my Apple TV and getting Fire TV.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So ummm.. Holy shit? Like, Amazon Pantry is up and Prime people can now ship 45 pounds' worth of household essentials to the 48 contiguous states for $6.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Meh, I just tried to fill my box with things I use and could only get to 8%. Not sure it's worth it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    The issue I see is the lack of being able to schedule delivery windows. Getting a mail delivery person to leave packages at non-doorman buildings is enough of a pain in the ass; I don't want to have to play the signed delivery slip dance with perishable items as well.

FreshDirect lets you schedule a delivery time at 8-10pm for people who are never home during the day.

Well I dont see many perishable items on the Amazon site. So that could be the difference here.

Yep. That is exactly why this is useless to me. I have all my Amazon packages delivered to my office because they always drop off during the day and I live in an apartment building. FreshDirect's delivery window is a huge reason why it's useful.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Well I dont see many perishable items on the Amazon site. So that could be the difference here.
    You seem to be right. Then I don't get what this is for. I can already order soap, detergent, potato chips, etc on regular Prime. And not pay $6 for shipping.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You seem to be right. Then I don't get what this is for. I can already order soap, detergent, potato chips, etc on regular Prime. And not pay $6 for shipping.
    It looks like they just added snacks? Canned goods?

I guess my excitement was premature. This is probably just a stepping stone for them.

Is Amazon Fresh in Denver yet??

No.

Expanded to San Fran is all.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I totally forgot they have Amazon Fresh.

So Pantry seems like a scam to charge $6 for shipping and calling it a new service.
    Movie Theater Diary

Prime members now get free streaming music.

I wonder if it's good enough to replace Spotify. I'm gonna download the app and try it out for a few days.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Prime members now get free streaming music.

I wonder if it's good enough to replace Spotify. I'm gonna download the app and try it out for a few days.
    Any feedback yet? Tempted but I dont know if I need this.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Any feedback yet? Tempted but I dont know if I need this.
    Wow the selection is pretty bad.

Here are the top playlists they are advertising. I guess they think everyone using Prime is a 14 year old girl.

"Pop to Make You Feel Better", "I <3 Pop Hits [Explicit]" feat: Usher featuring Justin Bieber, "Powerful Women of Pop" (Mariah Carey), "Kelly Clarkson's Top Songs", "Bruno Mars and More", "P!nk's Top Songs", "Destiny's Child's Top Songs"....

The app is fine. Nice that you can search both the Prime library and your Amazon purchases at the same time. Prime selection's kinda whack, though, but I remember when that was the case for Spotify. In a year or two it'll probably be pretty good.
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I'm already a Prime member, so it's a great added perk for me. There's plenty I found to listen to, such as most of Bob Dylan's discography, LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, The Clash, R.E.M., Pearl Jam, Fleetwood Mac, etc. My taste probably isn't representative of the board, but it's certainly not the taste of a 14-year-old girl. I wouldn't pay for a Prime membership exclusively for the music at this point, but I think it's worth it for a host of other reasons. To now have all of that music on my phone without having to pay any extra money is nice, and I know it will improve quickly.

Let's hope for it to improve quickly.

Director
    I mean I've never had to contact tech support for my tablet but this certainly is impressive

“When we set out to invent the Mayday button, we wanted to revolutionize tech support—and we’re happy to report it’s working!” said Scott Brown, Director, Amazon Customer Service. “75% of customer contacts for Fire HDX now come via the Mayday button. Even as the Mayday button has grown to become the most popular way for customers to ask questions, the team’s been able to beat the response time goal of 15 seconds or less—our average is just 9.75 seconds.
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....745&highlight=

I've used that and yes, I can confirm it was under 10 seconds before I connected with someone.

Unlimited cloud photo storage- I wonder if others will follow? Will also have Mayday for support.

From that photo, it looks like an almost exact physical copy of the iPhone.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Amazon's app selections are pretty shitty right now, so they'll have to step that up before launch.
    Movie Theater Diary

Director
    Seems like a consumer vehicle designed to get you to shopping on Amazon.

Amazon must be good at data-mining.

I ordered the RAID 2 at work yesterday morning. Google Now just notified me that it's delivered. That's a little more than 24 hours turnaround time with Amazon Prime.

!!!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast