Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

Director
    I think I'll take the 40% off and sign up for Kindle Unlimited. I really like the WhisperSync options to seamlessly go between the Kindle and the Audible versions.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I think I'll take the 40% off and sign up for Kindle Unlimited. I really like the WhisperSync options to seamlessly go between the Kindle and the Audible versions.
    Can you link me to that? I'm not seeing it.

BTW, I didn't mention here yet, I got an Echo, and it's fabulous.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Can you link me to that? I'm not seeing it.

BTW, I didn't mention here yet, I got an Echo, and it's fabulous.
    http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pin15_us...f_rd_i=desktop

12 months for $80

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    This sale has been awful.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Finally.

DD has me on block I see.

Junkyard sale.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Junkyard sale.
    The internet has been tearing Amazon a new one over this sale. They've been hyping it up like crazy over the last few weeks and it was bad. I was really hoping there would be some sort of sale on the Kindle Voyage but instead they just were trying to get rid of their stock on their old model.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Director

You can now download Prime Video titles on your phone/tablet to watch without an internet connection. That's neat, I guess, if you do that kind of thing.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

They beat Netflix to it. Kinda cool for roadtrips maybe.

Not so much beating them to it as deliberately challenging them. They did this now presumably because Netflix just said a few months ago that they have no interest in allowing offline viewing.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Posting this in two places; Amazon Prime members now get 20 percent off game pre-orders and new releases.

Fuckin excellent.

Got a Kindle for Christmas.

Stopped working on Day 3.

Customer Service made it easy to return and get a new one, but the new one is lost...

I've never had problems with Amazon, so I chalk this up to chance, but they are really making it difficult to like the kindle.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

$73 Prime this weekend only, for new members only

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipe...=kinjadeals-20

Anyone else experiencing shipping issues with Amazon lately?

I ordered a $1200 computer from them. They shipped it via USPS with no certification - since it was USPS they just left it in the lobby of course. Sitting there for hours where anyone could have taken off with it. Why wouldn't they use Fed Ex for something that expensive?

Then, I ordered a DVD. Apparently they have their own shipping company now. One that does not have access to my building. In the past USPS would just leave DVDs near the mailboxes which is fine for a DVD - but now they don't have access and probably want a signature from me. I just cancelled that order and another one I had.

It's all f**cked up.

Anyone watching Bosch on Prime?

I'm a fan of Titus Welliver. Looks like a generic cop show but just wondering if it was worth watching?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Anyone watching Bosch on Prime?

I'm a fan of Titus Welliver. Looks like a generic cop show but just wondering if it was worth watching?
    I watched the first season and enjoyed it. I'll watch the second when it comes around. (And yeah, it's more or less a generic cop show but I like Welliver, generic cop shows, and stories set in LA).

Edit: Wow, second season is out tomorrow. I had no idea.

Yeah a lot of these streaming shows have sneaked up on me. I didn't know House of Cards Season 4 was out until mid week.

Daredevil is Friday.

Not sure which one I'm gonna start yet.... ugh

Amazon has a lot of catching up to do if they want it to be as useful as Siri or Google Now.

I couldn't believe I got this response.

How Amazon will deliver stuff to you.

Not really sure what Amazon is thinking with the Kindle Oasis. $390 B&W Kindle? We reduced battery life and a thinner screen? I don't get it. Why would I buy this over the $120 paperweight? $390 doesn't even get you the extra battery built into the case.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00REQKWGA/...f_rd_i=desktop
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 04-13-2016 at 02:18 PM.

It's thinner, lighter, has a much longer battery life, and comes with a cover. Is it not obvious why someone would buy it over the older Paperwhite?
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's thinner, lighter, has a much longer battery life, and comes with a cover. Is it not obvious why someone would buy it over the older Paperwhite?
    It's barely thinner and lighter. And when your battery life is already clocking in at MONTHS... why could you possibly need more? (for $100 more )

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast