Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Amazon shaves $50 off the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD for today only
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Here's the case that I bought.

Closed view:

I like it. What's the hole in the middle for?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    apple logo?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Apple logo?

So Apples cases that also fit Fires?

That's the pivot.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Amazon.com, the huge online retailer, will begin collecting Massachusetts sales tax on purchases made by Bay State customers, starting next fall, Governor Deval Patrick’s office said Tuesday. For more, go to http://www.boston.com/businessupdate...PZM/story.html

That just changed my purchase habits considerably.

Amazon launched a new service that will start offering a free MP3 album of any CD you buy from them. Better still, you'll get versions of any album you've purchased in the last 15 years. The service will link to over 50,000 albums (with more incoming) and you'll be able to grab said digital copy before your new CD even arrives. You'll be able to play tracks on any Cloud Player compatible devices, including the Kindle Fire, Android devices, iOS devices, Roku, Sonos and Samsung Smart TVS, as well as the web-based player. It's already been activated and, better still, our previous music purchases are already on the Cloud Player ready to go -- no confirmation needed
    Awesome .

Wow. I guess I'll be buying CDs again.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Same here. There's no reason not to. Unless you hate "clutter".

I do hate clutter, but I'd buy them just so I can give them away as gifts or something.
    Movie Theater Diary

Voltage!!!
    That's sort of unbelievable. I know where I'll get my cd's from now on.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Although honestly, Spotify makes it very hard to justify buying mainstream release albums anyway.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Same here. There's no reason not to. Unless you hate "clutter".
    I buy 90% of my amazon mp3 albums for less then $5 so that's one reason not to. Especially since the average price they sell a cd for is over $10.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Neat idea. I don't think I've bought an album for over ten years.

I don't think I've even downloaded one for over two though, so...

Because Spotify, as number8 said.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

And just to clarify about the amazon autorip it's not "every" cd like that link mentioned. It's around 1000 albums right now. Not a single cd that I had purchased from amazon was included and of the 100 or so albums on my wishlist only 2 were available for autorip.

The only two autorip albums I've found so far that were a value to me were Public Enemy - "It Takes a Nation..." and "Yo Bum Rush the Show" which I didn't own and were $3.99 on cd.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

It was great while it lasted but I now have to pay tax on my amazon purchases. Arizona started Feb 1st.
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    It was great while it lasted but I now have to pay tax on my amazon purchases. Arizona started Feb 1st.
    Same here. Starting this fall. I will probably be buying my DVDs from a local store in NH after the date hits. Such a bummer.

Same here, except I live in Oregon!

Ugh. When Streaming off Amazon I wish it went to the next episode automatically.

Amazon apparently has a roku killing box they are releasing this fall...good luck with that.

Chris Carter’s Apocalypse Drama THE AFTER Gets Pilot Order From Amazon

Director
    Know what's pretty awesome for playing around with RHEL? AWS Free. Unlimited usages of a Red Hat Enterprise micro-instance for accounts under 1 year old.

http://aws.amazon.com/free/

Or I guess you can always spin up your own CentOS VM at home but that's boring.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast