Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

I'd much rather consider the Nook Glow Light Plus at $129, especially since it's waterproof.

Battery life is absolutely not an issue on the Kindle.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    There's your answer for those demanding higher wages on McDonald's/Grocery jobs...

Now if they could just figure out how to stock the shelves without a physical personality.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Another Echo- this one has touch screen and video capabilities.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J24C0TI

Also Microsoft unveiled their Echo competitor too. Looks just like an Echo... only from M$.

So Amazon just bought Whole Foods. Which means we will be getting grocery delivery and walletless paying in a town near you very soon.

It's prime day.

Get your dealz here

http://deals.kinja.com/the-best-prim...als-1796778830

Are there actually good deals, or is it just a glorified garage sale like last year?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Ninja deal is great.

THe Roomba deal is great.

I bought a $30 TV wall mount and some Nest smoke detectors.

New magic 8 balls?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

WOW. If Amazon buys Target, they will be transforming / saving the mall.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nster-predicts

I bought these cheap Cowin Bluetooth headphones off Amazon as one of the deal of the days. Just needed something simple for my office.
    They broke recently, and I wrote a 1 star review for it. I got this e-mail today.

Interesting to see Chinese businesses doing all of their customer support through the Amazon review ssytem rather than through their own website. "We won it!"

"Dear Stephen ,
    My name is Alina, from COWIN Service Central. Our manager know that your are not satisfied with our product, so he decide to update e7 version.
    And now, We won it.
    1. Update noise canceling function.
    2. Support Line in Noise canceling.
    I will ship this new version to you, and you will receive it with about 7 days.
    If you are satisfied with my new version e7 headphone and my service, please help me update the original review.
    Best regards
    Alina"

I bought these cheap Cowin Bluetooth headphones off Amazon as one of the deal of the days. Just needed something simple for my office.
    They broke recently, and I wrote a 1 star review for it. I got this e-mail today.

Interesting to see Chinese businesses doing all of their customer support through the Amazon review ssytem rather than through their own website. "We won it!"

"Dear Stephen ,
    My name is Alina, from COWIN Service Central. Our manager know that your are not satisfied with our product, so he decide to update e7 version.
    And now, We won it.
    1. Update noise canceling function.
    2. Support Line in Noise canceling.
    I will ship this new version to you, and you will receive it with about 7 days.
    If you are satisfied with my new version e7 headphone and my service, please help me update the original review.
    Best regards
    Alina"
    That's actually pretty cool.

Jeff Bezos is apparently the richest person in history which I find hard to believe. Maybe in modern history.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/09/tech...est/index.html
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's all fake paper wealth. Doesn't count until you're liquid.

Is that like a bitcoin.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's actually pretty cool.
    Thats really cool!

That's all fake paper wealth. Doesn't count until you're liquid.
    Sometimes I get lost in thought (I'm on the road all day, shut up) and when a I heard a news story about Jeff Bezos owning a Mars rocket or some shit, I wonder, "WTF is it like to be that rich? Like Bruce Wayne rich?" Then I usually think about all the problems that would come with that wealth. You get a big ass house, then you have to hire some dude to mow the big lawn. Then you have to worry about security. Then you have to worry about your accountants and if they're fucking you over. Then you have to hire people to clean your house. Being rich sounds like one giant pain in the ass. I would probably be the most boring rich person ever. Keep a smaller house. Travel a lot. Prank friends by "accidentally" leaving out receipt for 10,000 bat cowl ears. Buy local McDonalds so I can tear it down and put up big signs that say "Food truck parking only".

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Sometimes I get lost in thought (I'm on the road all day, shut up) and when a I heard a news story about Jeff Bezos owning a Mars rocket or some shit, I wonder, "WTF is it like to be that rich? Like Bruce Wayne rich?" Then I usually think about all the problems that would come with that wealth. You get a big ass house, then you have to hire some dude to mow the big lawn. Then you have to worry about security. Then you have to worry about your accountants and if they're fucking you over. Then you have to hire people to clean your house. Being rich sounds like one giant pain in the ass. I would probably be the most boring rich person ever. Keep a smaller house. Travel a lot. Prank friends by "accidentally" leaving out receipt for 10,000 bat cowl ears. Buy local McDonalds so I can tear it down and put up big signs that say "Food truck parking only".
    The gigantic house is the part that would annoy me too. I'd be fine with a ridiculous condo.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I think it would be more likely I would buy a sick travel bus and hire a driver than a mansion. And that would be tiny beans cost wise in comparison.

Amazon is discontinuing their MP3 storage. You need to login to your account and say keep my MP3s or they will be deleted by April 30, 2018

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast