Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

No one wants to work there because they get paid shit, AND treated like shit.

My employer can treat me like shit if they give me a nice fat salary.

If they aren't going to pay me well, they better be real nice to me.

Don't see why that's such a hard concept for these corporations to understand.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Heard nothing but bad things even at higher levels in Amazon. Late hour conference calls, no matter what time zone you're in. Unrealistic goals and expectations.

Bad thing is, my company has hired some people from Amazon, and despite retreating from that company, they're wanting to institute the same shit here, and it's even more unrealistic for this company that doesn't have unlimited money like Amazon.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I have many friends in the development racket, and they all say the same thing: if you take a job at Amazon, you are expected to work long hours and weekends to make project deadlines, and project/product/application managers allocate capacity and set deadlines assuming that their teams prioritize work over their families and their own mental health, and furthermore, this directive comes all the way down from the top, Mr Bezos himself.

Fuck that. I get headhunter emails at a pretty fair clip. When I see any mention of Amazon, I hit delete.
    Last edited by bac0n; 08-23-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

When did Project Managers all develop a sing-song approach to their vernacular? Feels like parents talking to their kids.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    When did Project Managers all develop a sing-song approach to their vernacular? Feels like parents talking to their kids.
    Because project managers usually need to talk to folks in sales, which is pretty much the same thing.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

What the hell, Amazon?

Delivery drivers saying they are being penalized for safe driving practices like checking their mirrors, and for things being their control like being cut off in traffic.

What is it going to take for this stuff to stop? Why does Amazon continue to actively treat their front line workers like trash?

As a 100% field based employee, we have an App on our phone that tracks bad driving practices. It’s not perfect, and after reading the article, it sounds like the camera need some work in regards to what constitutes distracted driving via eye movement.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I was able to get 25% off my car insurance by plugging one of those modules into my car for 3 months. Worth it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

But having bonuses taken away because of BS like getting cut off seems like...well...BS.

If the technology is imperfect, and is being used for something that can take money out of their pockets, it shouldn't be used for this.

Amazon is adding yet another model to its Echo Show family. Its latest addition features a 15.6-inch 1080p display that the company envisions you mounting on the wall in spaces like your home’s kitchen. New to the Echo Show 15 is a redesigned home screen that emphasizes Alexa widgets. The smart display also features a camera and a new feature that will adjust the contents of the home screen to you when the device recognizes your face. Sales of the $250 Echo Show 15 will start later this year

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

In an event packed with offbeat products, Amazon saved its most unusual one for last. In Astro, the company has created an Alexa-powered robot that can move around your home. It has three primary functions. It can provide home security, check-in on loved ones and pets and offer Alexa functionality on the go. When it becomes available later this year, Astro will cost $999.99 before it eventually increases to $1499.99 at a later date

The award for the second-most offbeat device Amazon announced at its annual event goes to Glow. It’s a teleconferencing display the company designed for kids. Glow includes a projector that can create a 19-inch touch-sensitive playspace for all the games and activities included with the device. Glow will cost $249.99 when it goes on sale in the next few weeks, but Amazon said that's just an introductory price.

Does Astro vacuum?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Does anyone know how to turn off the video previews you now get when you're browsing titles? This just started and is extremely annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdq9B7OZ01s

Where?

I got a Amazon Halo.

I like it except you have to charge it every two days.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223