Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1123

Thread: DC Comics Thread

Ive been picking up New 52 zero issues as I come across em in quarter bins. Today i got Phantom Stranger. Holy shit this was good! Think Ill pick a few more of these.

Does anyone else feel that Multiversity is kinda cruel? It just makes me yearn for that kind of rejuvenation of classic characters rather than the way Nu52 did it. The Thunderworld issue feels this way most of all.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Wow, some of these new books that DC just announced actually sound pretty great. Gene Luen Yang is taking over Superman from Geoff Johns. That's fantastic.

Also, Garth Ennis and John McCrea reviving Section Eight from Hitman in their own series, haha.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Neato! That's just as exciting as his Section 8 announcement.

Edit: wrong thread but his Marvel announcement is totally jazz too!

I didn't get to the comics shop for a couple of weeks, so I just read Ultra Comics last night.

Holy shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I didn't get to the comics shop for a couple of weeks, so I just read Ultra Comics last night.

Holy shit.
    I was hoping it was gonna be the next Superman: Beyond in terms of Morrison/Mahnke mind meltdown. It was great, but my favorite is still the Marcus To kid stuff.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Oh dear, Miller and Snyder are planning on writing a third Dark Knight book together. Miller apparently can't physically draw anymore (way to bury the lead in this story) so it will have rotating artists.
    So this is officially confirmed now, but it's with Brian Azzarello, not Scott Snyder. They still haven't announced the artists.

The title is:

Movie Theater Diary

Azzarello's definitely the better choice, though I'd've preferred a straight-up Miller-penned script. Snyder's verboseness and love for exposition would've killed it.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Azzarello's definitely the better choice, though I'd've preferred a straight-up Miller-penned script. Snyder's verboseness and love for exposition would've killed it.
    agreed

Miller's style is to overwrite himself, though. He and Azz are such different styles of writers. I think it's gonna be interesting to have a Miller book be written by someone who's known for pithy dialogue and uses little to no narration.
    Movie Theater Diary

Multiversity #2 is hysterical. The last page is especially great.

Multiversity #2 is hysterical. The last page is especially great.
    Yep.

"If you read too fast, you miss things."
    Movie Theater Diary

Fuck, I just realized that Morrison introduced [
    ] in Multiversity #2.

That son of a bitch.
    Movie Theater Diary

In case you haven't heard, DC will now have some pages split between story and ads, as opposed to having full page ads.

Greg Capullo has been fuming about it on twitter. I can't imagine a lot of their other artists are happy, either.
    Movie Theater Diary

Chris Burnham was furious and tweeted photos from his comp copies, but DC made him take them down. Obviously, people saved his photos, though. They will look like this now:

Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That is shit.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    The single issues are already arguably inferior to collected editions, and certainly more expensive, so this really just makes it so there's no good reason to ever buy a DC floppy.

Quote Quoting sevenarts (view post)
    The single issues are already arguably inferior to collected editions, and certainly more expensive, so this really just makes it so there's no good reason to ever buy a DC floppy.
    Speaking of collected editions, how would this work for that? Would they just combine 2 half-pages as one full page in the collections (assuming they were spaced properly enough to do that), or just leave a big blank spot at the bottom? This is just a really bizarre decision on their part...

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Speaking of collected editions, how would this work for that? Would they just combine 2 half-pages as one full page in the collections (assuming they were spaced properly enough to do that), or just leave a big blank spot at the bottom? This is just a really bizarre decision on their part...
    The artists didn't draw the pages this way. DC had people just photoshop it. They just told creators to keep the ads in mind and not make it impossible to do, but still break their stories to work in normal pages because in trade and digital, the pages are untouched.

Movie Theater Diary

This wont last long. Terrible terrible idea.

Wow, that is beyond awful.

Movie Theater Diary

I suppose we can change the name of this thread to something else.

All-Star Section Eight is the greatest comic of all time.

I suppose we can change the name of this thread to something else.

All-Star Section Eight is the greatest comic of all time.
    Just came in here to post this EXACT message. Good job, September Sven. But seriously guys, if you haven't taken the plunge, please do. All Star Section Eight is tremendously special. Pun kind of intended.

RIP New 52 2011-2016.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast