Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Comics Thread

The Batbooks are kind of a mess right now. All of them are apparently still playing up the whole Death of the Family aftermath thing where they're all mad at Bruce, even though Damian's death already stole their thunder and now the Batfamily just look like a bunch of assholes because they're avoiding a guy whose son just died because of trust issues.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Trinity War teaser. Justice League vs Justice League of America vs Justice League Dark. My interest is somewhere between zero and minus two.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I feel like all I do about DC is complain lately, and that doesn't really feel good.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I feel like all I do about DC is complain lately, and that doesn't really feel good.
    I think I'm about done with Batwoman, which is the only book I followed past six issues (WW made it to that number, though). Their constant creative switcheroos just neutralized the good vibes, and little else about the reboot seemed useful--evident by the fact that Batwoman ignored the reboot entirely.

Note: I do know that Williams and Blackman had set up the series to premiere back in March of '11, and that the editorial decision was made to delay it so it could debut with the rest of the line.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Yeah, my visits to the comic shop have definitely not been as energetic as they once were.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's weird because I just read the first couple of arcs of Dial H, and it's ridiculously fun, which is what all these Justice League books are missing. The writers just don't have a good handle of the bigger characters.

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    It's weird because I just read the first couple of arcs of Dial H, and it's ridiculously fun, which is what all these Justice League books are missing. The writers just don't have a good handle of the bigger characters.
    It's the only DC book I care about since Red Lanterns started crossover nonsense and G-Moz dropped the B,Inc ball.

Villain month? Come on.
    Movie Theater Diary

Villain month? Come on.
    I saw that Batman cover... Eek. The one that I'm still following.

I left my wallet at work and couldn't get it.

What was with the $7.99 Detective Comics issue?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Villain month? Come on.
    I saw that Batman cover... Eek. The one that I'm still following.

I left my wallet at work and couldn't get it.

What was with the $7.99 Detective Comics issue?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

No, they just announced a gimmick for this September, all 52 titles will be renamed to a villain's name and given #1.
    Movie Theater Diary

No, they just announced a gimmick for this September, all 52 titles will be renamed to a villain's name and given #1.
    Ah. I thought it was now since every cover had a weird double page cover with a villain on the other side.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Most of the news about superhero comics (and DC in particular) just remind me of The Boys now.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Ah. I thought it was now since every cover had a weird double page cover with a villain on the other side.
    That would be WTF month. The other side are not villains, but "shocking reveals."
    Movie Theater Diary

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    That's WTF as in "WTF is DC thinking these days?" These gimmicks just get worse and worse, while the number of actual good comics they're putting out plummets.

Batman has just turned into an outright suckfest, though I did like the creepy backup story with Alex Maleev art this month. So not looking forward to a year's worth of origin story.

That would be WTF month. The other side are not villains, but "shocking reveals."
    So is Red Robin really going to continue?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    So is Red Robin really going to continue?
    You mean Batman and Red Robin? No, that's a retitling since Damien's death. Next month it'll be Batman and Red Hood, then Batman and Batgirl, maybe more after that.

Yes, it's the five stages of death thing. Batman & Red Robin was about denial, Batman & Red Hood will be about anger, Batman & Batgirl is about bargaining, Batman & Catwoman about depression, and finally Batman & Nightwing is acceptance.

I assume that they'll have a new Robin after that. Or cancel the series, heh.
    Movie Theater Diary

And the hits keep on coming! Tell me this isn't a weird overreaction:

With regret, CBR News has to inform our readers today that there will no longer be a "B&B" column on the site after only four short months.

When CBR proposed the idea of a regular column with DC's executive staff, our stated intent was for the feature to be a place to connect the decision makers at the publisher with the wider comics community. Aside from product and story information, discussing the industry news and debates of the day was something we always planned to focus on both in the regular interviews with Harras and Chase and the monthly fan Q&A. However, the DC team has made it clear to CBR that discussing some of the more controversial debates surrounding the company and the comics community is not something they feel comfortable doing in this format, and ultimately they decided to no longer participate in this feature.

Specifically, Harras and Chase declined to comment on questions about DC exclusive talent Jerry Ordway in regards to his statements about his work with the publisher. (Though it should be noted that DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee did discuss the matter in a recent CBR TV interview)
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44966
    Movie Theater Diary

Anybody following Wonder Woman still? I found her exchange with Orion in the latest issue to be rather amusing.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Yeah, I seem incapable of dropping it for some reason despite not enjoying it all that much.
    Movie Theater Diary

Wonder Woman's one of maybe 3-4 good DC titles. Easily the best and most consistent of the launch titles. Loved that WW/Orion scene.

I've let it go for now. I'll read the whole run whenever Azzarello leaves.

Dial H and Demon Knights officially cancelled.
    Movie Theater Diary

Dial H and Demon Knights officially cancelled.
    Sigh...

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast