Thread: The Upcoming Pixar/Disney Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    I disagree somewhat. There were scenes in the original that would not have played the same - or play well at all - if the two weren't obviously very close friends.

In fact, I think one of the reasons The Boo-Sulley thing works like it does (lets be honest, it was going to work anyway, but...) is Mike's feeling of betrayal.

At least that's how I saw it.
    Their friendship is absolutely critical to the film. The film communicates their relationship pretty well, so how they became friends, x number of years before the events of Monsters Inc. is not necessarily a story worth telling. I doubt many people watched the movie and said "Okay, I followed that for the most part, but how did these guys even become friends?" People have friends. That's pretty easy to accept.

It might still make a good movie, I guess. But the premise is the stuff of fanfiction.

The premise for the Monsters prequel wasn't compelling for me as well, hopefully they're holding up the best details for later because the film is still years away.

their original projects definitely caught my attention though, the "journey inside the mind" film sounds awesome.

And the gaming geek in me is curious about that Wreck-it Ralph flick despite the lame description.