Thread: The Upcoming Pixar/Disney Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It wasn't really.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It's terrible.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Though it does have an awesome scene where Goofy wins over a hot librarian with his disco dancing skills.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

I'm mostly excited about Brave, really. I'll see Monster's University on DVD, but in theaters? Nah.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

John Lasseter has gotten really good at bullshitting. He said they wouldn't do Monster's University unless they have a story worth telling. And then he reveals that the story is how Mike and Sulley became friends, as if that's something we've all wondered about. I'm pretty sure no one gave a shit before. Their friendship wasn't even the main theme of that movie.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    John Lasseter has gotten really good at bullshitting. He said they wouldn't do Monster's University unless they have a story worth telling. And then he reveals that the story is how Mike and Sulley became friends, as if that's something we've all wondered about. I'm pretty sure no one gave a shit before. Their friendship wasn't even the main theme of that movie.
    I disagree somewhat. There were scenes in the original that would not have played the same - or play well at all - if the two weren't obviously very close friends.

In fact, I think one of the reasons The Boo-Sulley thing works like it does (lets be honest, it was going to work anyway, but...) is Mike's feeling of betrayal.

At least that's how I saw it.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    I disagree somewhat. There were scenes in the original that would not have played the same - or play well at all - if the two weren't obviously very close friends.

In fact, I think one of the reasons The Boo-Sulley thing works like it does (lets be honest, it was going to work anyway, but...) is Mike's feeling of betrayal.

At least that's how I saw it.
    Their friendship is absolutely critical to the film. The film communicates their relationship pretty well, so how they became friends, x number of years before the events of Monsters Inc. is not necessarily a story worth telling. I doubt many people watched the movie and said "Okay, I followed that for the most part, but how did these guys even become friends?" People have friends. That's pretty easy to accept.

It might still make a good movie, I guess. But the premise is the stuff of fanfiction.

Best Boy
    Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    It's terrible.
    Is Roxanne in the sequel?

Because I will watch it then.

Hawt, amirite?

Roxanne is not in the sequel.