Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Moviepass: Lets you watch unlimited movies in theaters

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I heard some of the bigger titles coming like Meg won't be available at all.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Has everybody quit? I'm still on it and the erratic showings make no sense to me. One theater today is blocked out, while another one is available, and they are both owned by the same company.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

I'm still on it but haven't used it since the week before last. Seems like it would still work for the theater and movie I would want to go to tonight ("Leave No Trace" at a Regal).
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

I've canceled, but it's still active until my last month runs out. So I was able to use it this past weekend while I was out of town, and they actually had some e-ticket theaters there.

Anyways, back in town now, and I've gone ahead and signed up for A-List. Going to an advanced screening of BlacKkKlansman tonight in Dolby, which would've normally cost $17. So my first month's already paid off.

I'm resisting that since a) AMC is owned by the Chinese (seriously, look it up) and I don't wanna give them any more money since they are fucking up the real estate market on the West Coast and b) there's only one AMC theater in my city

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    I'm resisting that since a) AMC is owned by the Chinese (seriously, look it up) and I don't wanna give them any more money since they are fucking up the real estate market on the West Coast and b) there's only one AMC theater in my city
    "b)" sounds like the better reason. Your money's going to the Chinese at a higher rate than $20/month through countless other products...
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I still have it, but that's only because there isn't a decent AMC theater near me and paying for movies is out of control crazy expensive for me at the moment. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Really hoping for Regal to announce their own plan sooner rather than later.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

So MP just sent out an email stating they're moving to three movies per month, with any additional movie afterward offering a $5 discount off the ticket price. It appears they're also doing away with surge pricing (though technically, the "discount" is really just a different way of wording how surge pricing already mostly works), though they'll still be blocking off certain movies from being available.

Knudsen
    That doesn't sound appealing at all when you describe it like that. So many stipulations and hoops to jump through...

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    "b)" sounds like the better reason. Your money's going to the Chinese at a higher rate than $20/month through countless other products...
    #resist #MAGA

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

So MP just sent out an email stating they're moving to three movies per month, with any additional movie afterward offering a $5 discount off the ticket price. It appears they're also doing away with surge pricing (though technically, the "discount" is really just a different way of wording how surge pricing already mostly works), though they'll still be blocking off certain movies from being available.
    It's really the blocking that bugs me, esp. since it's so erratic. It makes it hard to plan when one day one theater will be blocked and the next day it'll be some other theater and the previous blocked theater will be fine. I'll have to see how I feel, but l think I'll stick with it (providing they stay in business) since once Oscar season gets in full swing around October/November, MP will save me a ton of money still. August/September have always sucked for moviegoers in general.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 08-07-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

I'm sticking with it. For whatever reason, it seems like Alamo movies sometimes have all their movies available to watch, even if they aren't the "selected movies of the day."

If it weren't for the e-ticketing and the random Alamo movies, I'd probably have cancelled this.

It's that time of the year where all the movies will end up at the Landmarks that interest me anyway, so I see no reason to cancel until they make e-ticketing harder.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'm sticking with it. For whatever reason, it seems like Alamo movies sometimes have all their movies available to watch, even if they aren't the "selected movies of the day."

If it weren't for the e-ticketing and the random Alamo movies, I'd probably have cancelled this.

It's that time of the year where all the movies will end up at the Landmarks that interest me anyway, so I see no reason to cancel until they make e-ticketing harder.
    Same. I'm sure I'll see 4-5 movies a month from October to January (Oscar season), so it's still worth it for me. It's just erratic what movies are available on certain days, but I'm flexible enough to see a "free" movie on the weekday if that's what I have to do.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Same. I'm sure I'll see 4-5 movies a month from October to January (Oscar season), so it's still worth it for me. It's just erratic what movies are available on certain days, but I'm flexible enough to see a "free" movie on the weekday if that's what I have to do.
    I'm just lucky to have four radially different theaters that have e-ticketing, so I can basically see anything as desired.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Does anyone know what the discount is for movies once you've used up your allotted three movies this month? I think it's a $2.00 discount, but I wanted to check the M.C. hive mind. I'm planning on seeing the new Halloween this weekend.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Does anyone know what the discount is for movies once you've used up your allotted three movies this month? I think it's a $2.00 discount, but I wanted to check the M.C. hive mind. I'm planning on seeing the new Halloween this weekend.
    I believe that's correct.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Funny reading the first page of this thread.

It's finally happening though. The e-ticket theater options are now starting to disappear.

I got in two movies for November at least. If I notice this continues to happen, November will be my last month.

Was a nice run.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I canceled yesterday. Moviepass was listing Boy Erased with showtimes but my theater didn't even have showtimes when I got to the boxoffice. Turns out they got their showtimes listed early for Wednesday (the day when i'd be charged for another month). I had only seen Suspiria in this billing period- the unfortunate reality of the selection of films being so limited. Despite the movie not even playing yet, I checked in to Boy Erased and got a ticket to Girl in the Spiders Web. Moviepass fraud, but its not looking good for the end of the year for movies I want to see anyway.

It's really terrible, but I'm sticking with it until the end of the year at least. I'm hoping some of the Oscar buzzy movies coming out in December will show up on the app. The one e-ticket theater in my area is now blocking 1st week movies.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I cancelled mine earlier this week, but my plan doesn't officially expire until Thursday. But sure enough, I get to my indie theater to see Border (a movie they helped finance, so I theoretically should have gotten to see it for free) and try to check in, only to see the app even blacked that out. Good fucking riddance.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 12-02-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I put in my cancellation this month. Landmark removed e-ticketing, and without e-ticketing, it's close to impossible to use the card unless there's outdoor kiosks that work before noon, or you have the patience to use their customer service.

An AMC theater is being built very close to me, and Alamo is doing a test-run for a subscription service as well. Guess I'll just buy tickets like a normal mofo until then.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I put in my cancellation this month. Landmark removed e-ticketing, and without e-ticketing, it's close to impossible to use the card unless there's outdoor kiosks that work before noon, or you have the patience to use their customer service.

An AMC theater is being built very close to me, and Alamo is doing a test-run for a subscription service as well. Guess I'll just buy tickets like a normal mofo until then.
    One of us
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I just cancelled too and even that process was super sketchy. You have to do some legwork to figure out how to cancel on the app, and once I figured that out, the app mysteriously crashed several times right when I hit the final cancel button. I texted some bot for customer service only for it to respond several hours later and I missed it. Tried texting support the next day and got (what I think was another bot auto message) and finally (I think?) cancelled. Imma be pissed if they charge me this month.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

I just cancelled too and even that process was super sketchy. You have to do some legwork to figure out how to cancel on the app, and once I figured that out, the app mysteriously crashed several times right when I hit the final cancel button. I texted some bot for customer service only for it to respond several hours later and I missed it. Tried texting support the next day and got (what I think was another bot auto message) and finally (I think?) cancelled. Imma be pissed if they charge me this month.
    Only reason I haven't removed the app from my phone app, just in case they try to charge..

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Movie Pass is back with another $10 / month offer, lol. "Some restrictions may apply":

https://www.cnet.com/news/moviepass-...th-new-twists/

And Alamo Drafthouse says it'll roll out its $20/month "Season Pass" by the end of this year:

https://www.businessinsider.com/alam...is-year-2019-3

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast