Thread: 75 Days, 2 Lists, 1 Giant Waste of Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting quido8_5 (view post)
    #60: Dead Dogs 2 by cLOUDDEAD (Boards of Canada Remix)

It's violent and somehow seductive, it's visceral and saccharine, it's ugly and somehow gorgeous; it's the most twisted fun you will have listening to any song on this list and it's about roadkill. Matching cLOUDDEAD's schizophrenic vocals and pitch-black humor, BoC's remix races like a fever dream, creating a mini-phantasmagory in 5:12. It is infectious in more ways than one.

[youtube]BZgslfTeLdU[/youtube]
    Amazing song - like the original more though.

The album is a masterpiece.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Amazing song - like the original more though.

The album is a masterpiece.
    Yeah, it was certainly a toss up for me. I love the original's use of dynamics, but I'm a sucker for melody and that piccolo (?) gets me every time. Plus there's the "Day in the Life" nod that puts it over the top. Either way, the album's lack of recognition has always confounded me.

Quote Quoting quido8_5 (view post)
    Either way, the album's lack of recognition has always confounded me.
    I will never forget the first time I heard it - in Tower Records, in Seattle at the old Down Town/Queen Ann location.

Blew my mind.

I was like, is this Ween doing hip hop?

IMO, cLOUDDEAD and crew breathed new life into the dying corpse that was hip hop at the time.

#58: I Was a Lover by TV on the Radio

I could write pages about this song’s artistic statement. I could extol the musique concrete aesthetic, herald the innovative leap it was in modern pop music or gab about it still being like nothing else I’ve ever heard. I could go on and on intellectualizing I Was a Lover, but here’s the bottom line: It kicks major ass.

[youtube]zDzTjyiRVAM[/youtube]