Match Cut Music Fans! It's that time of the year again! Time to wiggle off those pounds so you can more easily stuff yourself into that swimsuit, should it actually get warm enough to head to the beach this year (with the way this spring has been going up here in MN, I'm beginning to have my doubts), and what better way to melt off that fat than Shaking Your Booty to mad phat beatz! Okay, that sounded dumb.

Anyway, a lot of you know the drill, but for those of you that don't, here are the rules:

1) you post to this thread a song you think is great for dancing to. You get to figure out what type of dancing you have in mind, and what type of dance-song you want on the mix. I'll post the submissions here as I receive them.

2) I mix & mash the song with other songs posted by other people on this thread and make the whole mess into one contiguous DJ set.

3) I post that final mix up to some place from where you can download it, and post the link on this thread.

4) you burn it to a cd or load it into your mp3 player, fire it up, and dance your tookus off.

And now for the twist. Last year seemed to be unevenly biased towards electronic dance music, so this year we're going to go the opposite direction. I don't want a single electronic dance song on the mix. That is not to say that keyboards, synths, or even drum machines are not allowed - I just want the bulk of the sounds on the songs coming from live musicians rather than midi sequencers. You get to decide what that means. Got it? Good.

Okay, lets get those submissions coming in. As I receive them, I'll post them here. I'm aiming for around 15 songs total, but if I have more room, I'll open up a few more slots as needed. Good luck!

LOCKED!

1. Asobi Seksu - Strawberries (dreamdead) 129
  2. The Meters - Look-ka py py (Russ) 110
  3. A Certain Ratio - Do the Du (D_Davis) 156
  4. Ida Maria - Cherry Red (Spinal) 92
  5. Beirut - In the Mausoleum (Brightside) 95
  6. Beck - Sissyneck (Raiders) 110
  7. Galactic (Feat. Gift of Gab) - The Corner (Thirdmango) 200
  8. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - How Can U Luv Me (Acapelli) 131
  9. Fat Freddy's Drop - Wandering Eye (Winston*) 119
  10. El Guincho - Bombay (Henry Gale) 107
  11. Michael Jackson (Feat. Mick Jagger) - State of Shock (transmogrifier) 122