Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCMT Vol 10 - Shake Your Booty 3 - Au Naturel

[youtube]cAYDiPizDIs[/youtube]

Sorry guys, work's been kicking my butt recently, and I haven't had the mojo to work on this. I haven't forgotten about it tho. I'll make a point of trying to make some progress on this this week.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Come on god damn it.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Okay, so I sat down and played around with the songs last night (finally) came up with some... interesting combinations, shall we say. Should be a fun mix. Shouldn't be too much more of a wait. Sorry again for the delay. This summer has sorta sucked.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Sadly, my booty remains unshaken.

:sad:

sorry man. still on the plans to complete. i WILL do it. this has been a difficult year.

Give me some mixing tips. I just started doing it (using Soundtrack Pro) and it's a lot of fun. I've only made one so far which I will post in the other music thread.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Give me some mixing tips. I just started doing it (using Soundtrack Pro) and it's a lot of fun. I've only made one so far which I will post in the other music thread.
    I'm by no means an expert, but what I've tended to do is find out the BPMs on the songs and try to have some sort of flow so there's not too much of a speed up or slow down from song to song. If two (or more) songs have BPMs within, say, 5 of each other, those songs become candidates for mashups. There are a few interesting combinations I was messing around with for this batch.

Other random tips that have worked for me - I like to start out with an attention grabbing song or two, something with a hook that's gonna pull someone into the mix right away, slow down in the middle, and build momentum towards the end.

As far as transitions from song to song are concerned, try to make them as transparent and smooth as possible. If that means letting a song fade out, then so be it. It's mostly a judgement call.

Finally, for the MCMT, I reserve myself two songs, which I use to patch up holes in the mix. If there's some song that would complete the flow between some other songs, or if there's a genre that is underrepresented (or omitted altogether) that would be the kind of song I would want to include.

Finally, 72 minutes of music is about all that can fit onto a single CD, so I aim to keep it shorter than that.

I'd be interested in seeing how you approach putting the songs together into a mix. Good luck! (Oh, and I'm still planning on doing this myself. Might be interesting for your to post yours and me to post mine, just to see what we each come up with)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I'm by no means an expert, but what I've tended to do is find out the BPMs on the songs and try to have some sort of flow so there's not too much of a speed up or slow down from song to song. If two (or more) songs have BPMs within, say, 5 of each other, those songs become candidates for mashups. There are a few interesting combinations I was messing around with for this batch.

Other random tips that have worked for me - I like to start out with an attention grabbing song or two, something with a hook that's gonna pull someone into the mix right away, slow down in the middle, and build momentum towards the end.

As far as transitions from song to song are concerned, try to make them as transparent and smooth as possible. If that means letting a song fade out, then so be it. It's mostly a judgement call.

Finally, for the MCMT, I reserve myself two songs, which I use to patch up holes in the mix. If there's some song that would complete the flow between some other songs, or if there's a genre that is underrepresented (or omitted altogether) that would be the kind of song I would want to include.

Finally, 72 minutes of music is about all that can fit onto a single CD, so I aim to keep it shorter than that.

I'd be interested in seeing how you approach putting the songs together into a mix. Good luck! (Oh, and I'm still planning on doing this myself. Might be interesting for your to post yours and me to post mine, just to see what we each come up with)
    Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I wasn't planning to mash up these songs, just some other stuff and I'll probably stick to individual tracks for a while, not full album mixes, but maybe I'll take a crack at a song or two posted in here down the road.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I like hearing you guys talk about this, what programs do you guys use. I've always wanted to do stuff like this.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I like hearing you guys talk about this, what programs do you guys use. I've always wanted to do stuff like this.
    Soundtrack Pro. Download a BPM Analyzer because I find my program doesn't register it very well and it's a pain in the ass to count it yourself. Give it a shot though! It's time consuming but a lot of fun. It took me about 7 hours or so to do my first track.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Soundtrack Pro. Download a BPM Analyzer because I find my program doesn't register it very well and it's a pain in the ass to count it yourself. Give it a shot though! It's time consuming but a lot of fun. It took me about 7 hours or so to do my first track.
    And I use Traktor, but there are a lot of smartphone/tablet DJ apps such as Touch DJ that are awesome - and cheap.

Qrazy, if you want, I can post the BPMs of the songs.

I would love it if you did the BPM of the songs. I also use soundtrack pro for mixing loops to make random songs, so I think I can with a little tinkering do it as well.

Also for a while I was doing remixes and I would only do MC Chris remixes because he was the only one I could find who not only put up accapellas but also put up the BPM next to the track. Trying to find BPM is so annoying.

Uploaded a second remix track in Discuss The Musics. Check 'em out!
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I would love it if you did the BPM of the songs. I also use soundtrack pro for mixing loops to make random songs, so I think I can with a little tinkering do it as well.
    Track list on OP now has BPMs.

alrighty, was going to try and do this, it was relatively easy finding songs I didn't have with two very notable exceptions, short of probably having to buy them which I don't want to do, it was absolutely impossible to find copies of Do the Du and Mahalageasca.

I found a lot of remixed copies of Mahalageasca, but finding an original to download is a no go.

alrighty, was going to try and do this, it was relatively easy finding songs I didn't have with two very notable exceptions, short of probably having to buy them which I don't want to do, it was absolutely impossible to find copies of Do the Du and Mahalageasca.

I found a lot of remixed copies of Mahalageasca, but finding an original to download is a no go.
    Download JDownloader, copy this URL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuAxDGTtsw8). Use Jdownloader's clip board feature to download just the audio from youtube and not the video.

Ditto for Do the Du.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123