Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $2 Movie Rentals on Youtube

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

$2 Movie Rentals on Youtube

It starts

Collection is weak right now.. but $2???? Damn that's impressive.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh man it's brilliant. You click on a movie and it automatically just plays the trailer before you pay.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So I can watch 20 movies a month for only $40 and the collection is weak???? SCORE!!

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    It's a dollar cheaper than Amazon's service (which also shows the trailer), but for now that has a better selection and has gift cards, as does iTunes. I assume Google will begin issuing gift cards as well, however.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    About half the movies I looked at were more than $2. They were $2.99-$3.99.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

It's okay, guys. Two links down are better movies for free:

http://www.youtube.com/movies
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

<3 Steamboy

Steamboy is terrible.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Most of these are on Netflix anyways.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Most of these are on Netflix anyways.
    Yeah, I'll die of old age before I see everything I want on Netflix. And I can watch 100s of movies a month for one low price that would come out to pennies per movie. Of course I don't watch that many, but I'm just saying.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Quote Quoting balmakboor (view post)
    Yeah, I'll die of old age before I see everything I want on Netflix. And I can watch 100s of movies a month for one low price that would come out to pennies per movie. Of course I don't watch that many, but I'm just saying.
    It's good for people who don't watch a regular basis and would like to pay by the movie.

Me for example, during this semester I have zero time to watch netflix. So instead of paying $15 a month (or whatever I'm paying) I can buy two or three $2 movies. So yeh, this isn't for everyone.

Or pay the instant watch fee only and do it for $8/month.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Me for example, during this semester I have zero time to watch netflix. So instead of paying $15 a month (or whatever I'm paying) I can buy two or three $2 movies. So yeh, this isn't for everyone.
    Heh. If you rent 3 movies a month from them you're most likely already paying more than a month of Netflix Instant Watch.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I heard Rawhead Rex is one of the movies available on YouTube.

Yeah, I don't recommend spending any money on that pile.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Heh. If you rent 3 movies a month from them you're most likely already paying more than a month of Netflix Instant Watch.

$6 < $7.99

$6 < $7.99
    Not all movies are $2. $2 are the cheapest ones. There are a lot for $3 and 3.99.
    TV Recently Finished:

Unless The Dogfather is the only kind of movies you want to watch, the movies you'll be renting from YouTube will not always be $2.
    Movie Theater Diary

Still $2-4/movie, right? How will having thousands of movies to select from make this a better deal than Netflix or Hulu for people who watch more than 3 movies/month?

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Still $2-4/movie, right? How will having thousands of movies to select from make this a better deal than Netflix or Hulu for people who watch more than 3 movies/month?
    It won't.

It won't.
    Ok. I was just curious why you seem so excited about this.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Ok. I was just curious why you seem so excited about this.
    It's just another alternative. I use Amazon On Demand a lot. I find their prices very reasonable. I understand that Netflix has a huge collection but youtube in the future might have movies that netflix doesn't offer on Instant Watch. $2 is easy to swallow.

Hell, Ghostbusters is free. To Kill A Mockingbird is free. Dr. Strangelove is free... Hard to complain about that, except what to watch after those two.

Hell, Ghostbusters is free. To Kill A Mockingbird is free. Dr. Strangelove is free... Hard to complain about that, except what to watch after those two.
    Those are from Crackle.com's library. They have a partnership. They've been on YouTube for a couple of years now. Nothing to do with the new Store service.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Those are from Crackle.com's library. They have a partnership. They've been on YouTube for a couple of years now. Nothing to do with the new Store service.
    Wow. Where I have been?

Will YouTube stream through devices like PS3s and Blu-ray players to your TV? I'm imagining it does. I'm just curious if YouTube would give the same experience on my Big Screen TV that Netflix does -- which is pretty glorious.

It is looking like 3 or less movies a month = go with YouTube. 4 or more = go with Netflix.

I haven't paid much attention to Hulu yet either. But it's been much discussed on the Criterion Facebook wall because Criterion is apparently moving all their streaming to Hulu. Some kind of falling out with Netflix or something.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast