Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: the Matrix Resurrections

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Kept thinking the shot from underneath the chopper with the spent cartridges falling towards the camera was a carbon copy of Morpheus' rescue in the first one. Maybe that means something or they've gotten really lazy.
    There are several of those.

Someone does a run-along-the-wall kick just like Trinity did.

And the pills falling mimicking the chain gun bullet casings from the first movie.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

They repeated the shot with Trinity too, I think. It almost feels like they will be revisiting moments from the first. Maybe we got a Back To The Future 2 scenerio?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    They repeated the shot with Trinity too, I think. It almost feels like they will be revisiting moments from the first. Maybe we got a Back To The Future 2 scenerio?
    I'm thinking Duke is right in that it is going off the whole cyclical thing introduced in the sequels.

The Merovingian is back, so maybe there are constants.

My wild guess?

Neo isn't The One this time.

I buy that. And the only reason I can see a different younger actor playing Morpheus is a flashback.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Kept thinking the shot from underneath the chopper with the spent cartridges falling towards the camera was a carbon copy of Morpheus' rescue in the first one. Maybe that means something or they've gotten really lazy.
    That's what I said about retreads. There's multiple shots like that in the teaser.

-Trinity sitting by the phone in a dark room when agents run in and she walks on the walls.
    -The helicopter scene
    -There's a shot of Neo and Trinity in a granite lobby with guards shooting at them
    -touching the mirror which forms to goo
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If they are indeed working with the idea of the matrix being cyclical, I think it's only natural that there are callbacks to previous moments.

- - - - -
    Teasers are more fun at https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/ where you choose what you see (and the bigger images don't hurt, either).

Based on what Duke and Morris said, tho, I'm getting a quesy "Solo" feeling, where the Wachows will take a bunch of images and ideas everybody loved the first time around and grind them to dust via repetition.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this."

It's not the siblings this time, it's just Lana.

Trailer is great.

Carrie Ann Moss looks like she hasn't aged at all.

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

So it's a reboot.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So it's a reboot.
    In the sense that they're trying to bring the franchise back to life, yes.

But it takes place after the first 3 movies. I don't think there's any attempt to pretend they didn't happen.

I'm curious as to what's going on. Why Morpheus is younger. Why Trinity doesn't know him in the "real world" (?). Why that first shot looks like it's straight out of The Sims if it's supposed to be the real world. Unclear, but it looks distinct at least. Nice song choice too heh.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I don't think Morpheus is supposed to be young.

I think he's supposed to be about the same age he was in the first Matrix.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I'm curious as to what's going on. Why Morpheus is younger. Why Trinity doesn't know him in the "real world" (?). Why that first shot looks like it's straight out of The Sims if it's supposed to be the real world. Unclear, but it looks distinct at least. Nice song choice too heh.
    Yeh that opening shot stands out. Is it real? I'd love to believe it is.

Are we sure the new guy is Morpheus? He definitely is taking the Morpheus role (offering pills, teaching kung fu), but could still be a new character.

Looks very different than I expected. I miss the green tint.

Quote Quoting Mysterious Dude (view post)
    Are we sure the new guy is Morpheus? He definitely is taking the Morpheus role (offering pills, teaching kung fu), but could still be a new character.

Looks very different than I expected. I miss the green tint.
    I also miss the green tint. And he's wearing the exact same frameless glasses that Morpheus wore. Hard to ignore that as well as the sparring scene.

Something else I noticed

That's intriguing.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I also wondered if he was confirmed Morpheus.

I read somewhere that the green tint didn't get intense until the dvd release, and this looks more like theatrical release. *shrug* I don't know if thats true.

Dukes got me to another possibility. Are we a hundred percent that Neo died? (I haven't looked at it in a while.) Theres another couple frames in that trailer where his is plugged in/being plugged in. We presume the machines can erase some stuff from human memory (if Cypher was to be believed). Maybe Neo didn't die, the machines were able to get to Trinity in time to revive her with their advanced tech, and the robots laughed at the treaty and plugged everyone right back in. Thats a lot of memories to wipe, so instead they create the next version of the matrix where The Matrix is a set of movies within that world...the next advancement in matrix technology...of course you saw Neo fly! It was in that movie! Would also explain why we see repeated shots, etc.

Contrived, I know, not what I would do, but I think theres some evidence in the trailer that its not impossible.
    Last edited by Skitch; 09-09-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Dukes got me to another possibility. Are we a hundred percent that Neo died? (I haven't looked at it in a while.) Theres another couple frames in that trailer where his is plugged in/being plugged in. We presume the machines can erase some stuff from human memory (if Cypher was to be believed). Maybe Neo didn't die, the machines were able to get to Trinity in time to revive her with their advanced tech, and the robots laughed at the treaty and plugged everyone right back in. Thats a lot of memories to wipe, so instead they create the next version of the matrix where The Matrix is a set of movies within that world...the next advancement in matrix technology...of course you saw Neo fly! It was in that movie!

Contrived, I know, not what I would do, but I think theres some evidence in the trailer that its not impossible.
    Smith overwrote Neo. So he was essentially erased.

Those shots in the trailer I assume he's being rebuilt or "resurrected". Maybe from a backup copy? Maybe that's why his appearance changes in the mirror? Maybe the machines need him for another exile threat? Or there's an allegiance now between the humans the machines? He's fighting a ton of soldiers in the trailer so whatever the threat is, they are not happy with Neo.

The movie is called Resurrections so I wonder if that also includes Morpheus.

- - - - -
    Fuck it. I'm all in. The trailer looks great. Watched it 4 times already. The Wachows always have such great visual imaginations.

Fan theory suggested that's actually Keanu in parts of the trailer, not Neo. Which would explain why "Thomas" seems to be wearing Keanu's street clothes in a big budget movie. Also why "The Matrix" as a movie might exist in that universe.

It would a goofy ass storyline but I'd be down with it.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Why Trinity doesn't know him in the "real world" (?)
    You're assuming she's the real Trinity. That could be Joe Pantoliano in drag. It's the Matrix!

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Fan theory suggested that's actually Keanu in parts of the trailer, not Neo. Which would explain why "Thomas" seems to be wearing Keanu's street clothes in a big budget movie. Also why "The Matrix" as a movie might exist in that universe.
    Wiat hwat?????

No wait what??

How does Keanu playing Keanu connect to Thomas Anderson?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast