Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the Matrix Resurrections

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

the Matrix Resurrections

Keanu talking at key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university

extra source info

Quote Quoting El Nino
    Says he met the Wachowski's, for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.
    So would these not be sequels? :|
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The Matrix: Clone Wars: Reiterated

If it's what it should always have been - fully-aware-and-in-control Neo kicking Agent ass in the Matrix - I say go for it. It's not as completely pointless as Clone Wars, not by a long shot.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    If it's what it should always have been - fully-aware-and-in-control Neo kicking Agent ass in the Matrix - I say go for it. It's not as completely pointless as Clone Wars, not by a long shot.
    But where would these movies take place? In between the Matrix and Reloaded? They can't be sequels can they?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So would these not be sequels? :|
    I think he was subtly implying that the sequels sucked and that he "owes" the fans good sequels.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I think he was subtly implying that the sequels sucked and that he "owes" the fans good sequels.
    I thought Reloaded was great and arguably has the best action sequence in all of cinema.

So do I, but that's clearly not the general consensus.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Well in any case, then this wouldn't be a sequel, but more of a filler movie that would be placed in between the Matrix and Reloaded and has Neo just kicking lots of ass? Seems too generic and boring to me...

Although there was a lot of material between the movies and games. The time frame would be all jammed up though. They couldn't film in Zion yet, since the approach to Zion was greatly exaggerated in Reloaded. I suppose they could start the movie immediately after the Matrix ended?

Eh, I'm sure they could come up with some way to...[
    ]
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Or that Zion is in another Matrix all along and when he sacrificed himself in Revolutions, Neo woke up in another layer, where he meets Cobb who tells him it's all a dream and together they go back up another layer, where they meet Xzibit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Or that Zion is in another Matrix all along and when he sacrificed himself in Revolutions, Neo woke up in another layer, where he meets Cobb who tells him it's all a dream and together they go back up another layer, where they meet Xzibit.
    As soon as you said "another Matrix" the first thing I thought of was exactly what you wrote... HA

As soon as you said "another Matrix" the first thing I thought of was exactly what you wrote... HA
    Even Xzibit?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yo dawg, I heard you like Matrices.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Even Xzibit?
    Yes because Xzibit is in The X Files: I Want to Believe, which makes me Want to Believe that Neo isn't dead and they're all gonna meet up in a sub-Matrix computer program?

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    The Wachowskis are busy dudes... er, dude and... dudette?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment
    More interested in this. I would label that book unadaptable.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    The Wachowskis are busy dudes... er, dude and... dudette?
    i still use dude for my female friends. dude is fine

I liked the sequels. While the Wachowski's kept promoting them as being just as revolutionary to action films as their bullet-time technique was, I never really thought this was true.

I thought they took the still-rough-around-the-edges technology, and tried to refine it and apply it in different ways. Nothing was really "new" anymore - there was nothing that, like bullet-time, audiences had never seen.

I have to admit I'm more interested in seeing more stories in the world of The Matrix than I am in more Star Wars movies. Hell, I'm not particularly interested in more Avatar movies, either.

I say if they have some good ideas and Keanu's on-board, full steam ahead!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Can't stop the Hollywood machine anyway so I'm praying for the best. Reloaded I liked more than enough and yes, at least one sequence is plain mindblowing. Possibly the only sequence. But godarnit, that whole Matrix story is a proverbial pea soup.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Last time I saw both of the sequels, I actually found both to be disappointing, sure, but I liked each of them, even though I currently prefer the 3rd one to the 2nd. I'm not in the mood to revisit either one for the time being, so I have no idea if my opinion would change with multiple viewings-I have seen the first film numerous times, and I dig it a good deal even though I no longer find it to be as amazing as I once thought it was years ago after viewing it on DVD in high school.

Can't say I'm disappointed about them not doing a 4th movie, though. Just let the series end and be done with it.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

WB and the Wachowski siblings are in the early stages of planning out a prequel trilogy, with the plan to have the first film in theaters in 2017.

http://latino-review.com/2014/02/exc...ilogy-horizon/

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    More interested in this. I would label that book unadaptable.
    I was right.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    If the Wachowskis are involved, then awesome. Especially if they decide to dig into something like the origin mythology previously only touched on in the Animatrix's "Second Renaissance" (and apparently also in some comics they helped write, but I haven't come across those).

If other people are jumping on board to helm this and put their spin on it, then I can't find it in myself to care. Maybe in a couple of decades, but not this soon.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

This is one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" projects.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast