Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand-Up Comedy

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mr. Pink (view post)
    Anyone see Norm Macdonald's new stand up special? Pretty good stuff. Lags a little towards the end, but he finishes strong. It's great to see him doing new material.
    Awesome to know I'm not the only person who finds him funny. His Sports Show is hilarious too.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Awesome to know I'm not the only person who finds him funny. His Sports Show is hilarious too.
    I like Norm McDonald sometimes and the standup special was good but his Sports Show is one of the most unfunny things I've ever watched.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Bill Burr's stand-up special on Netflix Instant is very funny. I'd love to see him and Louis CK tour together. The Redheaded Bastards Tour or something.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I love this:

[youtube]8Vmg9e785lo[/youtube]

any fans of anthony jeselnik here?

For anyone familiar with Top Gear, this is genius.

[youtube]w0i0RXMvzMs[/youtube]

Just saw Colin Quinn's Long Story Short: History of the World in 75 Minutes. Really good stuff here. This is perfect for his tendency to babble, and showcases what an intelligent guy he really is. It's full of thoughtful ideas and he hits on a variety of subjects as he goes through through various empires of the past and works his way up to current times. Jerry Seinfeld directed it, too.

It's really good. Definitely recommended.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Just bought tickets to see Jim Gaffigan in August.
    btw, i saw him about a month ago (for free! in your face kf!) and his set was incredibly funny. all new material too, with the exception of "hot pockets" which he did as an encore, and obviously can't stand doing it anymore

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    btw, i saw him about a month ago (for free! in your face kf!) and his set was incredibly funny. all new material too, with the exception of "hot pockets" which he did as an encore, and obviously can't stand doing it anymore
    Glad to hear it's such a good show. Screw you for going for free. I actually would prefer he not do the Hot Pockets bit. Do people really treat comics like a rock group, in that they want to see their favorite bits rather than new material? What a waste that would be.

[youtube]8r1CZTLk-Gk[/youtube]
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

saw tim heidecker, todd barry and brent weinbach do some short sets last night. what a great lineup. jon glaser cohosted too

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    [youtube]8r1CZTLk-Gk[/youtube]
    Seeing him tomorrow!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

jealous

Went to an amazing outdoor concert/comedy thing last Friday at the Williamsburg Waterfront.

This was the line-up:

Eugene Mirman, Jim Gaffigan, Kristen Schaal, Todd Barry, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Patton Oswalt, and then Jonathan Coulton opened for They Might Be Giants.

It was free. In-sane.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Went to an amazing outdoor concert/comedy thing last Friday at the Williamsburg Waterfront.

This was the line-up:

Eugene Mirman, Jim Gaffigan, Kristen Schaal, Todd Barry, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Patton Oswalt, and then Jonathan Coulton opened for They Might Be Giants.

It was free. In-sane.
    Nice. Is Oswalt doing new material?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)

This was the line-up:

It was free. In-sane.
    Was it pouring rain?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Nice. Is Oswalt doing new material?
    Yeah, none from his specials/albums, at least. His material mainly revolved around his new baby and his time in New York last summer. He did end the set with the Jerry Maguire story.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Was it pouring rain?
    Yeah, and everyone made a joke about it. Oswalt's was "If I get electrocuted onstage, at least I'd die doing what I love: telling dick jokes to hipsters."
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm exhausted from laughing so much.

So I had to look up this Jamie Kilstein guy since 8 posted something on his G+ feed and he's a god damn riot.

Youtube has a ton a fun clips like this heckler clip. First time I've heard of him. Legit.

[youtube]8O8AEVMCcYU[/youtube]

Saw Dave Coulier live last month because he's Dave Coulier. He's not the world's funniest guy, but he's a very practiced comedian, and I laughed more than I thought I would.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Saw Dave Coulier live last month because he's Dave Coulier. He's not the world's funniest guy, but he's a very practiced comedian, and I laughed more than I thought I would.
    On a similar note, I happened to catch Bob Saget's standup on TV the other day. It was pretty tiresome, how many jokes can you possibly make about yourself for being Bob Saget? His songs were awful, too.

[youtube]R37zkizucPU&[/youtube]

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    [youtube]R37zkizucPU&[/youtube]
    That was great. Thanks for posting.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Norm McDonald tickets... $32. Worthy?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast