Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Parks and Recreation

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    It's almost worth keeping her around just for Traeger's joyful finger-snappy "...Ann Perkins!" and all the creative ways Leslie compliments her. But yeah, she was a relic of the first season that didn't get put on a bus with the same speed as Brendanawicz.

I think she was one of the most likable characters, which was essential on a show that relied on the characters' charm. She was also a funnier straight man than Ben, and her friendship with Leslie was one of the most believable to me. But I'm probably alone in my overall view of the show: I thought its first season was straight-up hilarious and I liked it less as it became more warm-hearted.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

Quote Quoting Melville (view post)
    I think she was one of the most likable characters, which was essential on a show that relied on the characters' charm. She was also a funnier straight man than Ben, and her friendship with Leslie was one of the most believable to me. But I'm probably alone in my overall view of the show: I thought its first season was straight-up hilarious and I liked it less as it became more warm-hearted.
    I'm liking it less and less now. I think I was right to bail at the end of Season 4; Season 5 was a slog, and I can barely bring myself to care about Season 6. My main problem is the shitty storylines and one-note characters... I don't mind that they are all nice to each other, but everything is so contrived and Jean-Ralphio and Mona-Lisa are like the worst things ever.

EDIT: And Craig! Jesus Christ, what an awful character.
    Last edited by transmogrifier; 01-17-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64