Thread: Dark Horse (Todd Solondz, 2011)

Dark Horse (Todd Solondz, 2011)

I didn't even know he had a new one in the works, but apparently it's already being filmed.

Christopher Walken, Mia Farrow and Selma Blair will star opposite Jordan Gelber in Dark Horse, the new drama from Todd Solondz.

The Hollywood Reporter says the movie "centers on a thirtysomething man (Gelber) in arrested development who lives with his parents (Walken and Farrow), reluctantly works for his father and avidly collects toys. He seeks out a thirtysomething woman (Blair) in arrested development in an attempt to shed the 'dark horse' status in his family and finally accomplish something."

- - - - -

^ Solondz on the happiest day of his life.

I love this guy's movies .. but Jesus, I feel like I need a thorazine drip at the ready whenever I'm going to see one.

Edit: This one sounds interesting. I can only imagine the horrors that await.

Man, I love Mia Farrow. I feel like you can see in her face that she's a good person.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (CĂ©line Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I love this guy's movies ..
    I do too, and I just finally saw Life During Wartime yesterday. It's probably the slightest film he's ever made (the 98-minute runtime could've, and should've, been extended). Ultimately, it was much less than the sum of its parts, but oh man, there were some great parts.

I don't know why exactly, but I really find myself on Solondz's wavelength. I'm very intrigued by Dark Horse and can't wait for it.

I don't like Solondz but always find myself excited for his next film. Walken spouting his lines is a mighty enticing proposition.

Liked Happiness a lot and more positive than not on Dollhouse and Storytelling. He hasn't blown me away yet, but I definitely feel like it's in him.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2