Copied from the Announcement:

http://match-cut.wikispaces.com

Go and check it out. One there, you need to first create a Wikispaces account and then on the Match-cut wiki page, click "Join this wiki" at the top of the left-hand sidebar. As a member of the wiki, you will be able to edit and add to the wiki. I will need to first approve your membership.

Make sure to check out the "Film Database." It has a star ratings widget so we can aggregate our ratings on the five star system (sorry to you 100-point scale guys). Right now there are almost no films there but once we all join, hopefully we can start adding and get up a large DB. There is also a section to add your reviews.

I will also be creating in the Maintenance sub-forum a thread detailing some of the formatting requirements so we can all start to add films to the database as well as create pages for your reviews. So look out for it.

Alright. So, please everyone join and first important request, use your forum username.

Second point, every member can edit and add pages. So, you may correct wrong information, update consensus lists, add new pages and so forth.

This also means, and most importantly, you can add films to the database. However, when doing so, please keep the same formatting as I have started.

HOW TO ADD A FILM TO THE DATABASE:

• Select "New Page" from the left-hand sidebar.
  • Name the page with this formatting:
    • Film Name (Year, Director's Last Name)
    • Also, because this is being alphabetized, "The", "A", and "An" get put at the end after a comma.
    • Example:
      • Squid and the Whale, The (2005, Baumbach)
  • Add Tags for Director's last name, year and country
    • Example:
      • Add Tags: Baumbach, 2005, United States
  • Hit "Create"
  • Type the name of the film in caps with font size "Heading 2"
  • Add the Year in "Normal" font underneath
  • Add the Director in "Normal" from underneath Year
  • Add a link to the imdb page underneath Director
    • Hit the "Link" icon and go to the second tab, "External link."
    • Name the link "imdb page"
  • Skip one line
  • ADD RATINGS WIDGET
    • Select Widget icon
    • Select "Other" from bottom of widget list
    • In the text block, copy and paste the following HTML:
      • <div id="pd_rating_holder_3353180"> </div>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        PDRTJS_settings_3353180 = {
        "id" : "3353180",
        "unique_id" : "default",
        "title" : "",
        "permalink" : ""
        };
        </script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://i.polldaddy.com/ratings/rating.js"></script>
      • Notice: You MUST change the "default" next to "unique_id" to the name of the film. Like so:
        • "unique_id" : "Squid and the Whale",
    • Save the widget.
  • Skip another line beneath the widget.
  • In font size "Header 3" type "User Reviews"
  • Click "Save" to create the page.
  • Now, go to "Film Database" page and select the correct letter for the film's name.
  • This will link you to the page listing all films starting with that letter. Click "Edit" for this page.
  • Find where the film belongs alphabetically, and insert a new link where it belongs. In the Link window, use the first tab called "Wiki Link" and in the "Page Name" field, search for the film's page you created, and one found, hit Add Link.
  • Save the changes to the page.
  • You're done.
I would ask that if there are any major changes you would like, please bring them up here before implementing them. But remember, this is everyone's Wiki, so you do all have the power to make decisions, particularly regarding the formatting (EXCEPT the film database).

ENJOY!