Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2478

Thread: The Netflix Thread

A Coens Brothers movie should be viewed on the big screen. This one looks marvelous.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Coens' Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Looks mighty fanciful.

Looks amazing but I thought it was supposed to be a series.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 09-17-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Looks amazing but I thought it was supposed to be a series.

Enviado desde mi CAM-L03 mediante Tapatalk
    I read somewhere that the Coens ended up not liking the idea that people might hear that certain episodes were better than others and skip around.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Holy shit that looks hardcore.

Dan Stevens is so cool.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeah that looks great.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

In primo "Whaaaa?" territory, the original creators of The Last Airbender are apparently gonna do a live-action adaptation of...The Last Airbender for Netflix. I'm just not sure what to think. I kinda want it...but I want it to work. And I'm not sure that it's necessary at all anyway.

But then someone suggested Ma Dong-Seok for Uncle Iroh and my optimism immediately sprang to attention.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Oh hell yes I want that.

Ma Dong-seok... nice.

In primo "Whaaaa?" territory, the original creators of The Last Airbender are apparently gonna do a live-action adaptation of...The Last Airbender for Netflix. I'm just not sure what to think. I kinda want it...but I want it to work. And I'm not sure that it's necessary at all anyway.

But then someone suggested Ma Dong-Seok for Uncle Iroh and my optimism immediately sprang to attention.

Producer
    5 episodes away from finishing this series on Netflix, so I need to hurry before this news prompts me to accidentally see some spoilers this close to the end! And the budget is going to be massive unless they dial down some storylines; I mean just the Ba Sing Se stuff alone...

I admit, about half of my misgiving about the project melts away when I saw the concept art of Appa in a live-action context:

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Great!

The more I think about this, I think it could work as long as it's not a total copy. If they hit the major beats but use the opportunity to explore other days and events and adventures and characters they met along the way, it could end up being pretty strong. But yeah there's gonna be a lot of effects work.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Maybe make the water tribe sorta Pacific Islander-inspired (but ice instead of sunny beaches) and cast the Moana girl for Katara?

What cultures could be rough stand-ins for the four nations in terms of actors to pull from?
    Last edited by Wryan; 09-19-2018 at 06:44 PM.

--Homer

Producer
    OK I just finished it, and lol forget about Ba Sing Se, any pared down version of Sozin's Comet is gonna require some Infinity War+ budget.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Yeah the last four episodes are a helluva finish.

--Homer

Maybe make the water tribe sorta Pacific Islander-inspired (but ice instead of sunny beaches) and cast the Moana girl for Katara?

What cultures could be rough stand-ins for the four nations in terms of actors to pull from?
    If they can't get Inuit actors, I honestly could live with Pacific Islanders/Hindi for the Water Tribe. For the Earth Kingdom, Mandarin or Cantonese actors. For the Fire Nation, South Korean/Japanese actors and for the Air Nomads, Tibethan/Nepalese/Buthanese actors.

I wish the girl who played Gogo Yubari were younger. She would be a perfect Mai.

Anyone else watching this? I just finished it and it does feel like something made by someone who worked on Avatar: It has a rich world, lovable characters, it's inclusive and passes the Bechdel test without calling attention to it and most importantly, it has a story that's full of details and it seems like it's been exhaustly thought out.
    So far it has an excellent first season and potential to be so much more.

Last edited by Philip J. Fry; 09-27-2018 at 01:55 PM.

I haven't watched the show. So was she VP? A husband and wife with top two roles in country is odd.

If they can't get Inuit actors, I honestly could live with Pacific Islanders/Hindi for the Water Tribe. For the Earth Kingdom, Mandarin or Cantonese actors. For the Fire Nation, South Korean/Japanese actors and for the Air Nomads, Tibethan/Nepalese/Buthanese actors.

I wish the girl who played Gogo Yubari were younger. She would be a perfect Mai.
    Also I wouldn't object to Ryan Potter as Aang, if he's young enough.

--Homer

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I haven't watched the show. So was she VP? A husband and wife with top two roles in country is odd.
    by the end of the fifth season she was VP. it takes a long time to get to that point though.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

That's interesting...and weird. Aren't there rules about the pres and VP having to be separated during tenure? So no attack can hit both?

Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast