Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

From Here to Eternity is completely overrated. It's melodramatic nonsense.

If you haven't seen Popeye, you should. Even if you don't end up liking it, it's too much of an oddity to miss.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    Titles expiring March 1st include...Popeye, Rain Main, Le Cercle Rouge, Catch 22, Gilda, Whatever Works, Star Trek IV, Play it Again Sam, Ginger and Fred, Grand Illusion, The Elephant Man, Frankenstein, From Here to Eternity, The Lady From Shanghai.

Though I have some idea of what I prefer, I probably won't be able to get to all of these in time, so any suggestions on what to prioritize?
    The Elephant Man is also in my queue.

Frankenstein a must watch.

Rain Main can be avoided/postponed.

Other titles expiring March 1st, 1900, Deepstar Six, On the Waterfront, The Red Circle.

I'd like recommendations on those as well.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Not the biggest fan of On The Waterfront, but it's pretty essential and Brando is all he's cracked up to be.

I like On the Waterfront quite a bit. I love Karl Malden beyond all reason.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I'm up to over 300 movies in my instant queue.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Awesome chart if you're still on the fence.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Those numbers are for Netflix Instant, right, not including hard copies of television shows and films?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Those numbers are for Netflix Instant, right, not including hard copies of television shows and films?
    Correct. This is for instant watching only.

Grown Ups is now available for Instant Watch. Something I was interested in but not interested enough to send out a DVD for it.

Netflix is Whedon heaven. All seasons of Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog are on Instant watch.

My sister called last night and asked if she should watch Angel or Dollhouse first and we ended up discussing the pros and cons for AN HOUR. We are NERDS.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Okay, this isn't Netflix related, but it's Amazon On Demand related. I got this e-mail today.

We noticed that you experienced poor video playback while watching the following rental(s) on Amazon Video On Demand:

Monsters [HD]

We're sorry for the inconvenience and have issued you a refund for the following amount(s):

$3.99

While Amazon Video On Demand transactions are typically not refundable, we are happy to make an exception in this case. This refund should be processed within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear on your next billing statement for the same credit card used to purchase this item.
    I didn't provide any feedback on my experience, but i couldn't watch the last 20 minutes of the movie the first night i tried watching it. It kept buffering. So I turned it off and watched it in the morning.

Pretty neat. This is also before I realized Monsters is also streaming free on Netflix.

My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

The only thing for sure is some day we'll fondly be remembering those days of red envelopes and primitive video streaming. Hell, I've gone from having to go to a theater to watch a movie without commercials to watching damn near anything I want anytime I want in half my lifetime.

In the meantime though, I just finished watching Carlos on Netflix. Pretty compelling stuff.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

...Whedon heaven.
    My body recoils at the term.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    My body recoils at the term.
    There must be a hell in the Whedonverse, so I'm sure you'll be welcome there.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Ride in the Whirlwind (Hellman, 1965) *½
    What in the world is this nonsense?
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    What in the world is this nonsense?
    It's an early Hellman film that is poorly paced and meandering. I wouldn't go so far as calling it nonsense, but it's hard to believe he made the far superior The Shooting just a couple years later.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    It's an early Hellman film that is poorly paced and meandering. I wouldn't go so far as calling it nonsense, but it's hard to believe he made the far superior The Shooting just a couple years later.
    I agree The Shooting is far superior, but I really liked that one, too.:sad:
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    Netflix is Whedon heaven. All seasons of Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog are on Instant watch.

My sister called last night and asked if she should watch Angel or Dollhouse first and we ended up discussing the pros and cons for AN HOUR. We are NERDS.
    They're apparently all going away next month.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Looks like every Fox television show is leaving. Hopefully it's only temporary.

All of that stuff (referring to the Fox shows being discussed in the last few posts) was just added in Canada. I started watching Arrested Development the other day.

Also been enjoying Mad Men, which I understand is only in Canada. Finished the first two seasons a month or so ago, plan on moving on to the third season soon.

Other than that, and some choice British stuff, the television selection up north is fairly slim. We've got some Showtime shows and the more recent seasons of SNL but nothing too interesting.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

As long as I can still rent the Fox shows on DVD, I don't really care if they leave Instant Viewing.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Quote Quoting eternity (view post)
    They're apparently all going away next month.
    I doubt they'll go away completely. They only do like 1-2 year contracts on everything they have so all those shows will most likely be back within 1-2 weeks.

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I doubt they'll go away completely. They only do like 1-2 year contracts on everything they have so all those shows will most likely be back within 1-2 weeks.
    Hopefully. Seems like everyone on Whedonesque is having a heart attack over it.

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast