Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2478

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Pretend we're at a bar, and you ask me what I'm watching on TV, and I respond everything on TV is crap. Would this be something you'd try to break down logically and try to prove to me that what I said is so untrue that I am ignorant for having said it? Or would you laugh it off and think oh that's Duke being Duke and carry on to the next topic? Also factor in that you've known me for around 10 years.
    But that's not what you did. I brought up Brooklyn Nine-Nine and you responded "I don't watch crap TV shows." So in your bar example, I (or DaMU) would be discussing Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and you would chime in "That show is crap" without ever having seen an episode. That's why it's an ignorant comment.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    But that's not what you did. I brought up Brooklyn Nine-Nine and you responded "I don't watch crap TV shows." So in your bar example, I (or DaMU) would be discussing Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and you would chime in "That show is crap" without ever having seen an episode. That's why it's an ignorant comment.
    I did exactly what you did the other day when I posted something as funny and you said it's not. The only difference is I was trying to make a joke of it... calling something you think is funny not funny, when it was supposed to be obvious I have never watched a single minute of the show, and have no idea if it's funny or not.

In short, I was calling something crap, for the sake of just making it fit my argument thinking we'd do a quick back and forth and it snowballed into this.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I did exactly what you did the other day when I posted something as funny and you said it's not. The only difference is I was trying to make a joke of it... calling something you think is funny not funny, when it was supposed to be obvious I have never watched a single minute of the show, and have no idea if it's funny or not.

In short, I was calling something crap, for the sake of just making it fit my argument thinking we'd do a quick back and forth and it snowballed into this.
    Well, if that was your intention, I obviously missed it completely. And I did that to you about yet another "Fuck her in the pussy!" meme, which I've seen countless times, certainly enough to make an informed judgment. That might have been why your joke was lost on me.

I'll be watching this soon.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Well, if that was your intention, I obviously missed it completely. And I did that to you about yet another "Fuck her in the pussy!" meme, which I've seen countless times, certainly enough to make an informed judgment. That might have been why your joke was lost on me.
    I'm also historically bad at jokes on these forums. Let alone subtle insidery ones.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Girl and Community prove that sitcoms aren't crap. Also what I've seen of Brooklyn Nine Nine has been really funny.

Anyways Sabotage has been added. I think that movie calls for a booze night.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Anyways Sabotage has been added. I think that movie calls for a booze night.
    I was all excited too. I've started it twice. It is fucking painfully awful.

Forbes put together a list of best-of-2014 streaming titles. I do believe we'll be watching The Final Member soon. Bethlehem and It Felt Like Love also look good.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

It's a good list. Final Member is gonzo crazy and hysterical to watch.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I was all excited too. I've started it twice. It is fucking painfully awful.
    That's what I'm afraid of.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Saw these were new a few days ago:

We Are The Best!
    Nebraska
    You're Next
    Monsters
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

December has some interesting titles popping up. (This is a US list, sorry Canadians.)

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2014/11/25/now-streaming-on-netflix-us-december-2014/

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    December has some interesting titles popping up. (This is a US list, sorry Canadians.)

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2014/11/25/now-streaming-on-netflix-us-december-2014/
    That's awesome I've been wanting to watch Broadchurch and The Honorable Woman.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yeah, Peretti's special is really great. The audience reaction shots are a really awesome touch.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Yeah, Peretti's special is really great. The audience reaction shots are a really awesome touch.
    Made it the first standup in a while where I felt like I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

I just watched Chelsea Peretti's special, and dug it a lot. I haven't watched Brooklyn 99 enough to know how she is on there, and never heard of her until this thread. I'll be paying attention to her now.

I thought the audience reactions and other moments were actually distracting and hurt the momentum she had going. They weren't needed.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    That's awesome I've been wanting to watch Broadchurch and The Honorable Woman.
    I've seen half of Broadchurch. It's pretty good.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Batman Forever - Some might argue the best of the 90s Bat-films (not saying much)
    Black Rain
    The Omen
    Damien: Omen 2
    The Omen 3: The Final Conflict
    The Dark Crystal
    Darkness - underrated
    Friday The 13th parts 1-8
    Heavenly Sword - animated film based on the video game
    The Hustler
    Knights of Badassdoms
    Labryinth
    The People That Time Forgot - sounds too weird to ignore
    Reincarnation
    Runaway Train
    Thief
    Nightbreed (directors cut)

Goldfinger
    Live and Let Die
    The Living Daylights
    For Your Eyes Only
    From Russia With Love
    Never Say Never Again
    A View To A Kill
    You Only Live Twice

The One I Love, aka the only movie I've enjoyed starring a Duplass, is now available.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    They also added the both seasons of Black Mirror a show I've been dying to watch.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Runaway Train and Thief are priorities. As is The Hustler.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Batman Forever - Some might argue the best of the 90s Bat-films (not saying much)
    Huh, I would strongly argue against that. Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Returns are way better.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Huh, I would strongly argue against that. Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Returns are way better.
    Yes Mask of Phantasm is, I agree. BR I disagree with but thats okay. All the Burton/Schumachers are varying degrees of awful imo.

Yes Mask of Phantasm is, I agree. BR I disagree with but thats okay. All the Burton/Schumachers are varying degrees of awful imo.
    I just re-watched both of Burton's movies and I agree- he made Batman and Bruce Wayne look like such a fucking pussy it's hard to like them. Batman basically wins by accident 3 times.

Rewatch this scene:

1. Scare bad guys with cape
    2. Get shot 4 times
    3. Get back up and raise arms with cape again
    4. Kick bad guy 1
    5. Hold bad guy 2 over ledge and drop off the side right after saying, "I'm Batman".

In the second scene he gets knocked out by a bad guy and saved by Vicki Vale's camera flash. Where's the fucking writing here? PS- the voice activated car looks very doable in 2014.

Time to rank some shit!

The Dark Knight
    Batman Begins
    Batman Forever
    Batman
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Returns
    The Dark Knight Rises

Upon rewatching the Burton/Schumacher films a few years back, it was actually surprising to see how poorly Burton's films had aged in comparison to Schumacher's, and I think a lot of that comes down to how unintentionally goofy they were without really realizing it at the time, where as Schumacher's films fully embrace their camp.

I think the only animated Batman films I've seen are Gotham Knight and Under the Red Hood, both of which were okay, though I'm not sure where I'd rank them really. Probably need to get around to seeing more of the animated films at some point...

Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast