Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Bizarre! I watched some TV on Hulu last night and it did the same thing.
    Likewise -- did it twice during my watch of the Daily Show.

Anyone else think the new design for their Instant site is total balls?
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Anyone else think the new design for their Instant site is total balls?
    Is balls good or bad? 'Cause I like the way it looks when the page loads, but the functionality is awkward and frustrating.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Is balls good or bad? 'Cause I like the way it looks when the page loads, but the functionality is awkward and frustrating.
    Balls is bad. Tits is good. Why? Would you rather stare at a pair of tits, or a pair of balls?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Balls is bad. Tits is good. Why? Would you rather stare at a pair of tits, or a pair of balls?
    How about a pair of tits holding a pair of balls?

Also, Starz is asspaper on IW. Avoid at all costs. Pan and scan bullshit.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    /blink

Well, that does make a kind of sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    /blink
    I see what you did there. It's funny cuz you have an eye in your avatar. Very clever. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter and/or blog.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Brightside (view post)
    I see what you did there. It's funny cuz you have an eye in your avatar. Very clever. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter and/or blog.
    :lol:

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Netflix Instant being weird for anyone else? Screen blacks out after a few seconds. 60-180 seconds into the movie for me. Audio is fine but a black screen.
    So it looks like it might be movie specific. Could someone please verify that the Man From Earth goes black around the 3 min mark? I'm watching off my PC and not from PS3 or any other device.

I reported the problem via Netflix but if people could help by confirming this that would be great.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    So it looks like it might be movie specific. Could someone please verify that the Man From Earth goes black around the 3 min mark? I'm watching off my PC and not from PS3 or any other device.

I reported the problem via Netflix but if people could help by confirming this that would be great.
    I am over 4 minutes in and the picture is working fine. Now 5 minutes and it's still working. I'd say the problem is either on your end, or has been fixed by Netflix in the last hour.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I am over 4 minutes in and the picture is working fine. Now 5 minutes and it's still working. I'd say the problem is either on your end, or has been fixed by Netflix in the last hour.
    So weird. I tried streaming it from work as well and the same thing happens. This time at minute 2.

Other movies work perfectly fine.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    So weird. I tried streaming it from work as well and the same thing happens. This time at minute 2.

Wish I could be more help, but I know next to nothing about technology.

- - - - -
    Spinal, I just noticed that Hot Tub Time Machine is available on InstantWatch.

You know, in case you wanted to watch it again.

Did you send them a message? They actually do respond to those. Eventually.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Did you send them a message? They actually do respond to those. Eventually.
    There's a Report a Problem button. Do you mean that?

There's a Report a Problem button. Do you mean that?
    Yes, that.
    ...and the milk's in me.

The Life of Reilly is now available! I'm not sure when this happened, but I'd been waiting on it for quite some time.

The four stars is more for the play rather than the movie that captures the play. But no other rating really makes sense for this experience.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    The Life of Reilly is now available! I'm not sure when this happened, but I'd been waiting on it for quite some time.

The four stars is more for the play rather than the movie that captures the play. But no other rating really makes sense for this experience.
    Yeah, I liked it alright when I saw it back in '07, definitely more for Reilly than the film. This is what I briefly wrote:

http://match-cut.org/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2107
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Star Trek, The Next Generation, Voyager and Enterprise just appeared on instant with no warning!

No Deep Space Nine, though. Deep Space Nine fans can suck it.

Edit: Apparently, only seasons 2 and 3 of the original series are available on instant. Kinda weird.

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Yeah, I liked it alright when I saw it back in '07, definitely more for Reilly than the film. This is what I briefly wrote:

http://match-cut.org/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2107
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you here. It would have been great to have a Jonathan Demme-like approach to the source material. Something like Swimming to Cambodia. But Reilly's monologue was extremely powerful and poignant. I'm glad it was captured at all.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

- - - - -
    They're jacking up the prices again, splitting up DVD and streaming. If you want both, your monthly rate is going to almost double.

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
    Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming), for $7.99 a month.

The price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). For new members, these changes are effective immediately; for existing members, the new pricing will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.
    http://blog.netflix.com/2011/07/netf...plans-and.html

I don't use the DVD option often, but I'm kinda glad its there. Considering it costs them pennies to stream movies, $16 a month seems expensive.

UGH. Hardly worth the trouble anymore.
    ...and the milk's in me.

There's a reason for it. Studios are starting to catch on that Netflix is just too good of a bargain for consumers. Sony already started pulling their movies off it.

Next year, Netflix's contracts with the major studios will lapse and they'll have to renegotiate to extend. It's already been speculated that the studios are going to hardball Netflix into paying ten times the licensing cost because streaming has so much more value these days than when Netflix first started negotiating with them a few years ago. Which will no doubt fall on the subscribers. I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix streaming alone will be $15-20 after that.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    There's a reason for it. Studios are starting to catch on that Netflix is just too good of a bargain for consumers. Sony already started pulling their movies off it.
    I remember reading Netflix got some great licensing deal way back when ... and Comcast pays like $300 million for the same rights. :lol:

The studios are once again being short sighted and Netflix is caught in the middle with a 60% price hike with no additional benefits to customers.

Seems like a great way to push people back towards piracy.

I'm going to cut my service down, but I can't decide between InstantWatch and DVDs. Great selection by mail or shitty availability with immediacy?

By the way, another thing that's making me paranoid? AT&T is eyeing to buy Hulu. Oy.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast