Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2478

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    The comic is great, though. I've seen the show - it's a more standard version of the comic's madness.
    I have not read the comic. Yet.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Fuck yes. More GiTS is a good thing!

Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to Netflix tomorrow. Been wanting to watch this one, glad I’ll finally have a chance.

Oh nice! I was gonna break out a dvd set I bought, but I'll just go Netflix.

Damn this is suddenly looking like a very different show compared to first two seasons.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to Netflix tomorrow. Been wanting to watch this one, glad I’ll finally have a chance.
    So I’m already reading a lot of complaints about Netflix butchering this. They apparently poorly re-dubbed it, changed a lot of the dialogue including classic lines, removed a lot of the soundtrack, and didn’t get the licensing for “Fly Me to the Moon”, which is apparently a theme song in the original release. Thinking I might try elsewhere to watch it now, I’d hate to watch an inferior product if I don’t have to.

Producer
    I'm reading some of that too, as an about-to-be first time viewer. As for the sub, the discussion from bilingual/Japanese people make it fall into the realm acceptable for me, because it seems like a more "exact" translation so the difference is about interpretation, not being superior or inferior. The only real blemish to watch it on Netflix for the first time for me is the missing "Fly Me to the Moon" in the episodes' end credit (also, I think they didn't remove a lot of soundtrack as much as only the music cues from that song? Are there more?). I'm gonna check if Netflix Thai has it, or if it's missing from everywhere but Netflix Japan. Apparently the transfer is great enough for a lot of fans to say it's worth it, but I'm going to wait for more people to weigh in.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I didn't hear specifics on what music was removed, if it was only cues to that song or otherwise. I might give the sub a watch if that's the case (I typically prefer subs over dubs anyhow), and maybe rewatch it later in a more accurate format if I wind up liking it. After all, I've seen several different versions of DBZ over the years, so I'm used to watching different tinkerings of a show.

Nope, I'm out. I'll watch the dvds.

So where IS a good place to watch the "good version," whatever that may be? I've never seen it and always wanted to watch it, but I don't really wanna buy DVDs for something I've not even seen before. Is it at least acceptable enough for first-timers?
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    So where IS a good place to watch the "good version," whatever that may be? I've never seen it and always wanted to watch it, but I don't really wanna buy DVDs for something I've not even seen before. Is it at least acceptable enough for first-timers?
    If I didn't accidentally buy bootlegs of all of it, I would absolutely watch the Netflix versions before purchasing.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I quit watching after Season 7. Anyways I bet there is a nice blu ray box set of the show somewhere.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

One good thing about living outside of America is that we are probably not going to be subject to the same degree of splintering in streaming as you guys. I can't imagine NBC offering their own service in Korea and instead they will just sign over the rights to a local company or to Netflix. Here's hoping! (Disney will probably want to launch worldwide though, I assume.)
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

As far as I've heard there are no plans to launch all the DC/Disney streamings in South America either.

There's no killer app for DC at this point. But I'm really looking forward to revisiting The Simpsons on Disney+

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I keep forgetting The Simpsons are part of that package when I'm telling people how crazy its going to be.

Been a while since I watched anything with Katee Sackhoff. May give this a watch.

- - - - -
    Just can't wait for all the thinkpieces about Cuphead's latent, buried racism.

I'm starting to think Netflix does this shit on purpose just to generate buzz, a la the Post and the Times.

Wish Cuphead was for PS4.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast