Page 240 of 262 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Well, if I refuse to go to anymore Marvel, DC, or Disney live-action remakes for the rest of my existence, big-budget filmmaking is looking pretty anaemic. I'll pick and choose on directors (e.g., Thor 4) and controversy (e.g. Joker). I have no interest in following 20-film arcs anymore, though.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Well, if I refuse to go to anymore Marvel, DC, or Disney live-action remakes for the rest of my existence, big-budget filmmaking is looking pretty anaemic.
    Shhh, shhh, shhh. Emmerich will hear you. We're a long way from Stargate.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Anyone else feel like Pugh came out of nowhere and is suddenly everywhere?

That seems to happen tho doesn't it? Once newish people "make it" they are hired for anything and everything and usually take lots of roles now that they have tons of offers. Seems to also be happening with her LW costar Chalamet. Downside is the backlash of "X is inescapable" or "Hollywood is pushing X in our face too much." Which I usually find a little unfair.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    That seems to happen tho doesn't it? Once newish people "make it" they are hired for anything and everything and usually take lots of roles now that they have tons of offers. Seems to also be happening with her LW costar Chalamet. Downside is the backlash of "X is inescapable" or "Hollywood is pushing X in our face too much." Which I usually find a little unfair.
    That's what happened to Ryan Reynolds. How many bombs in a row before Deadpool was a success?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's what happened to Ryan Reynolds. How many bombs in a row before Deadpool was a success?
    I see The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard has finished filming. I am amused by that title.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Anyone else feel like Pugh came out of nowhere and is suddenly everywhere?
    Sorta? She hasn't been working long but she appeared in 3 or 4 high profile projects last year.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    What's weird is that this particular complaint usually centers on actresses, not actors. I remember people beefing about Jennifer Lawrence in the same way a few years back and others wishing Anne Hathaway would just go away.

Meanwhile, Ryan Reynolds has been working longer than Lawrence, has almost 3 times as many credits as Hathaway, and has appeared in more disappointments than both of them.

Yet I've never heard a single person claim he was in too many movies.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    What's weird is that this particular complaint usually centers on actresses, not actors. I remember people beefing about Jennifer Lawrence in the same way a few years back and others wishing Anne Hathaway would just go away.

Meanwhile, Ryan Reynolds has been working longer than Lawrence, has almost 3 times as many credits as Hathaway, and has appeared in more disappointments than both of them.

Yet I've never heard a single person claim he was in too many movies.
    Probably the same people who moan that Hollywood is pushing too many female ensemble movies on us. Or that point to a female-ensemble-led film flopping as some kind of victory while also ignoring all of the male-led films that also flop.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

I think JLaw also had that little problem of becoming America's sweetheart way too fast before crashing down to earth in a flurry of accusations of being a fake, insincere "just like one of the guys" girls.

The audacity of this bitch.

--Homer

Outside of her X-Men contract, she's only been in three movies since 2015 for whatever reason, and I kind of believe that more to be a personal choice than anything.

She'll probably come back in a big way with Red, White, and Water.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Just to be clear: I wasn't complaining at all.

I just saw her in Midsommar last year, which was quite good but seemed fairly low on peoples' radar. So to suddenly have her in a few big movies I was just a bit "huh, that seemed quick".

But looking at her filmography, it's really just Little Women and Black Widow.

I don't know why I had it in my head that she was in like 3 or 4 big movies this year.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Just to be clear: I wasn't complaining at all.

I just saw her in Midsommar last year, which was quite good but seemed fairly low on peoples' radar. So to suddenly have her in a few big movies I was just a bit "huh, that seemed quick".

But looking at her filmography, it's really just Little Women and Black Widow.

I don't know why I had it in my head that she was in like 3 or 4 big movies this year.
    Maybe you're thinking of Ana De Armas, who going to be in like 10 or 11 movies from 2019 to 2020.
    Last 10 Movies Seen

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

Maybe you're thinking of Ana De Armas, who going to be in like 10 or 11 movies from 2019 to 2020.
    Maybe, but I could've sworn that I was reading about Pugh after seeing Midsommar in the New Year, and was surprised how many projects she is in coming up.

Oh well. Really finding lately my memory is not what I thought it was.

*happy dance*

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Look. I like Marvel movies. But going to 4 movies a year is excessive. I hope Fiege isn't biting off more than they can chew.

Black Widow - May 1, 2020
    The Eternals - November 6, 2020
    ---------
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - February 12, 2021
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021
    Untitled Spider-Man 3 (w/ Sony) - July 16, 2021
    Thor: Love and Thunder - November 5, 2021
    ---------
    Untitled Marvel Film - February 18, 2022 (Duke Prediction: Blade)
    Black Panther II - May 6, 2022
    Untitled Marvel Film - July 29, 2022 (Duke Prediction: Captain Marvel 2)
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - October 7, 2022 (Duke Prediction: GotGV3)
    ---------
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - February 17, 2023
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - May 5, 2023 (Duke Prediction: TEAM UP NOT AVENGERS 5)
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - July 28, 2023
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - November 3, 2023
    Updated

CANCELED- May 1, 2020
    Black Widow - November 6, 2020
    ---------
    The Eternals - February 12, 2021
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - May 7, 2021
    Untitled Spider-Man 3 (w/ Sony) - July 16, 2021
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - November 5, 2021
    ---------
    Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18, 2022 (Possibly Removed Blade off slate)
    Black Panther II - May 6, 2022
    Captain Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022 (Duke Prediction: Correct)
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - October 7, 2022 (Duke Prediction: GotGV3)
    ---------
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - February 17, 2023
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - May 5, 2023 (Duke Prediction: TEAM UP NOT AVENGERS 5)
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - July 28, 2023
    UNTITLED MARVEL FILM - November 3, 2023

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Excellent rumors everywhere...

john krasinski has zoomed with Marvel about a role...

joss whedon has met with Marvel about returning to direct...

the Fantastic fucking Four....

What a fucking perfect film for Whedon. Those characters need to upmost care.

I dont have any opinions about that, but krasinski as mr. Fantastic would be a perfect casting. Hell throw his wife in as invisible woman, perfect too.

And they tap Chris Evans to recap his role as Johnny Storm, just to mess with people.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I dont have any opinions about that, but krasinski as mr. Fantastic would be a perfect casting. Hell throw his wife in as invisible woman, perfect too.
    Was just about to say that.

Dean Norris as The Thing
    Donald Glover as Human Torch

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Donald Glover as Human Torch
    Hahah and have the brothers controversy all over again.

Dean Norris is a great idea.

The trouble with runaway fan casting is when only part of it happens (maybe Blunt has no interest) or none of it happens the way people are itching for--some people just can't get past it.

--Homer

Producer
    The New Mutants' latest "release" date: August 28

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I’ll believe it when it’s actually released. At this point, I half expect it to be delayed by yet another year a week prior to release, ala GI Joe 2.
    >.>