Page 236 of 262 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Ah, it’s entirely possible given the correct diet, correct workouts, and above all the else consistency- I’ve been able to add some decent muscle mass over the course of this year, and I’m well older than he is. If not for the beer, I’d probably have some decent abs too.

I for one think he looks great and deserves to be proud of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Not in 6 mos to a year it's not.

eta: split decision from r/nattyorjuice and r/swoleacceptance

https://www.reddit.com/r/swoleaccept...used_steroids/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nattyorjuic...ilicon_valley/

but I still vote juice
    Last edited by Irish; 12-17-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Is Reddit the accepted arbitrator of anything? I may need to leave the internet

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I learned from reddit during kidney transplants they leave your original two kidneys inside you and add a third in your pelvis.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I learned from reddit during kidney transplants they leave your original two kidneys inside you and add a third in your pelvis.
    What? Wouldn't it be dangerous to leave a non-working organ inside you? I had a kidney operation as a child and the theory was that it prevented having to remove the kidney in the future.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I for one think he looks great and deserves to be proud of himself.
    Yeah, either way, I don't think any of what happened reflects badly on him, no matter what people say. He worked for a role same as anyone else. Once again, the only one to blame here is people ranting about shit on the internet.

- - - - -
    Maybe? Who cares? I thought it interesting that a forum dedicated to whether someone's physique was natural or chemical couldn't decide on Kumail.

*shrug*

PS: He def juiced.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    the only one to blame here is people ranting about shit on the internet.
    It's 2019. This is like the entire purpose of being online.

What? Wouldn't it be dangerous to leave a non-working organ inside you? I had a kidney operation as a child and the theory was that it prevented having to remove the kidney in the future.
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...ney-transplant

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Thought about it for ten more seconds and... who cares if he's using steroids anyway?

It's his body, and it's not like he's playing for any sports team or anything that gets an advantage. It's just a movie that he'll be in.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Thought about it for ten more seconds and... who cares if he's using steroids anyway?
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    It isn't a big deal. Stallone and Schwarzeneggar did the same thing back in the day. The only part I take issue with is the "oh I had a whole team helping me" line. Well, yes, that and steroids.
    I mean, there's another level where we talk about male body image (haha yeah right) and how the standard changed over the last 30 or 40 years. Look at Clint Eastwood or Harrison Ford (not jacked) next to Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzeneggar (very def jacked) in the 1980s. Or take Keanu Reeves or Will Smith in the 90s versus the 4 Chrises now.

Today even dudes like Kumail and Pratt become roidheads to appear in ... Disney movies. Culturally, that's a bit fucked.

Or: "I think Disney's practice of taking schlubby comedy guys and giving them millions of dollars to arduously transform themselves into muscle monsters so they can star in Disney movies is deeply creepy, like they're manufacturing purposefully toothless sex symbols." [tweet]

Today even dudes like Kumail and Pratt become roidheads to appear in ... Disney movies. Culturally, that's a bit fucked.

Or: "I think Disney's practice of taking schlubby comedy guys and giving them millions of dollars to arduously transform themselves into muscle monsters so they can star in Disney movies is deeply creepy, like they're manufacturing purposefully toothless sex symbols." [tweet]
    They are playing superheroes or even Gods. When De Niro or Bale starve or fatten themselves for movie roles none thinks about the example they're setting up for kids.

Fascinating. Well, doubtless things have changed since I was a kid... in many ways.

- - - - -
    They are playing superheroes or even Gods. When De Niro or Bale starve or fatten themselves for movie roles none thinks about the example they're setting up for kids.
    Yes because "Raging Bull" and "The Machinist" were so totally aimed at a tween audience.

ETA: Pratt played a regular dude in "Guardians" and its sequel, but he still appeared jacked. Why? There sure wasn't any character or narrative reason for it.

Yes because "Raging Bull" and "The Machinist" were so totally aimed at a tween audience.

ETA: Pratt played a regular dude in "Guardians" and its sequel, but he still appeared jacked. Why? There sure wasn't any character or narrative reason for it.
    Except he's definitely not a regular dude.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Except he's definitely not a regular dude.
    Ohhhhh! You're right, of course. I forgot about that.

But what's the reason for it in the first movie?

Ohhhhh! You're right, of course. I forgot about that.

But what's the reason for it in the first movie?
    I don't remember the first movie, so you got me there.

But would be pretty weird to see Richard Jewell leading the way for the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So? Are teen movies supposed to be patronizing, educational and politically correct? How depressing. I wouldn't want to watch those if I were a teen. I'd watch the cool, irreverent ones like I actually did.

Quote Quoting Irish
    He has no superpowers but he's still a space pirate. Just grab any classic superhero comic from any age and all superheroes are jacked regardless of gender. Characters like Spiderman are the exception that confirms the rule.

- - - - -
    But would be pretty weird to see Richard Jewell leading the way for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Weird or TOTALLY AWESOME

Pratt was like, half space-god (I forget the actual title) but he was only half human. Thats why he could hold an infinity stone in the first movie.

First athletic body in film that men aspired for has to be Yul Brynner in Ten Commandments, right?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Mmmmm prolly Johnny Weissmuller, "Tarzan the Ape Man," 1932

Rewatching Cap 1 for first time in years...hold the fuckin' phone...yo...the dance he has with Peggy in the Endgame credits is the meet up at the dance club they setup moments before he crashed into the ice.

The cap story line is the just the best of the mcu, front to back.

"I had a date."

Joe Johnston does not get enough credit for this movie. It is so damn good.
    Last edited by Skitch; 12-22-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Rewatching Cap 1 for first time in years...hold the fuckin' phone...yo...the dance he has with Peggy in the Endgame credits is the meet up at the dance club they setup moments before he crashed into the ice.

The cap story line is the just the best of the mcu, front to back.

"I had a date."

Joe Johnston does not get enough credit for this movie. It is so damn good.
    Yup

http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post602722

I've always been on record as saying The First Avenger is fucking great, but sweet christmas, watching now and discovering that callback? Holy shit. Cap's storyline is better than Thanos' threat.

Pretty cool rumors are saying Marvel is debating to bring back Bernthal's Punisher to Disney+ to take on Moon Knight.

Don't hate it.

Oh and apparently Daniel Radcliffe is Marvel choice for MK. Both of these characters would also tie into Blade somehow.