Page 209 of 262 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I can't imagine this is true, but there's a rumour claiming the Black Widow movie will be Marvel Studios first R-rated film.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I read those rumors too, and I also cannot believe that to be true. If so, I think its a misstep as well. Finally pushing more female led movies and jumping right in to your 2nd one being R? If it fails, stupid old dinosaur Hollywood will blame it on the female center. Also, is there really a need for Black Widow to be R?

- - - - -
    Back when Disney had a more varied distribution system, they liked to keep their clean brands separate from their dirty ones (cf: Disney, Pixar, MiraxMax and Buena Vista). That system was dismantled awhile ago.

I also can't believe, at this point, that they'd release a movie with less of a chance to sell an action figure or tee shirt.

@Skitch - Times are changing. We're talking about two movies that will release more than a year apart. Even the rabid fanboys can handle that. If it fails, I don't think anyone will blame Scarlett. She's a big enough star that a one-off bomb won't hurt her ("Ghost in the Shell").

I don’t think an R rating is going to hurt any potential merch sales.

The merchandise that sold / continues to sell with Deadpool is insane.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

The merchandise that sold / continues to sell with Deadpool is insane.
    True!

My overall gut feeling is that Disney is much more careful about this than Fox would ever be.

They've built the company around being absolutely family friendly, no worries, you-don't-even-need-to-look-this-up-online because the logo on the box tells you everything you need to know.

Going for an R rating with "Black Widow" would put the film in a separate category from the rest of the MCU and that's something Disney doesn't do.

I could have sworn Marvel had a label for their dark properties like Punisher and Ghost Rider. Marvel Dark or something.

Edit. Marvel Knights which hasn't been used since Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Source for this?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Wiki.
    Marvel Knights was also the name of a production arm of Marvel Studios intended to be used to produce some of Marvel's darker and lesser known titles: Punisher: War Zone and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance were the only films released under the Marvel Knights banner.[8]

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Marvel Knights was also the name of a production arm of Marvel Studios intended to be used to produce some of Marvel's darker and lesser known titles: Punisher: War Zone and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance were the only films released under the Marvel Knights banner.[8]
    Yeah. I looked this up when you mentioned it. The label is a curious little artifact.

The bulk of the comics were produced by a third party well before the Disney buyout. At the movies, "War Zone" was released in 2008, one year before Disney, and "Spirt of Vengeance" in 2011, a couple of years after. Then nothing.

Which doesn't surprise me. Iger streamlined everything Disney and its subsidiaries were doing.

Yes! Marvel Knights!

Duke you had me going nuts trying to remember the name

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    True!

My overall gut feeling is that Disney is much more careful about this than Fox would ever be.

They've built the company around being absolutely family friendly, no worries, you-don't-even-need-to-look-this-up-online because the logo on the box tells you everything you need to know.

Going for an R rating with "Black Widow" would put the film in a separate category from the rest of the MCU and that's something Disney doesn't do.

You’re very right. Even the couple of times where it seemed like they were trying to do something “different” ended up feeling like they were just one offs and not integral to the MCU as a whole.

I would find it exciting if they did try some R stuff, even if it was just proof they’re willing to mix things up a tad.

IMO Thor Ragnarok is pretty hard to beat.

- - - - -
    Heh. It'd be wild but could you imagine a Disney movie with gore or tits?

It seriously makes me wonder how they're gonna integrate Fox into their brand.

- - - - -
    Also, fuck it. I'm rewatching "Ultron" and "Doctor Strange" next.

Doctor Strange sucks. Ultron rox.

- - - - -
    I didn't think much of "Strange" the first time I saw it, so I wanna see if my opinion changes.

I really enjoyed the character's appearances in both "Ragnarok" and "Infinity War," so we'll see.

Agreed, Strange has been best used in movies that weren’t his own.

Jen and I both found it to be just, like...okay, I guess? Hits all the notes, goes through the motions, everyone’s fine.

Doctor Strange sucks. Ultron rox.
    Strike that. Reverse it.

Ultron bottom 3 of mcu. Alongside Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    ....what....merch? Marvel has notoriously not had any merch for female characters. This was a story already.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Wiki.
    both of those movies own
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Strike that. Reverse it.

Ultron bottom 3 of mcu. Alongside Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.
    It's the dialog from Whedon that puts the first two Avenger films far above the rest of the MCU. If he had wrote Infinity War, it would be a much better dynamic between the characters. I went back and read my initial thoughts on Dr Strange and originally I held it at a much higher ranking, but it does not age well after multiple viewings. Ultron is just far superior in every single area.

2 new Superbowl spots up for Endgame and Captain Marvel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ort=confidence
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Both are looking better there.

Cool seeing Tony work like he did in the first Iron Man.

Wonder if they took inspiration from The Leftovers.

End Game will likely be 3 hours long. And i read a fan theory today that is the most possible scenario to resolve the "snap" and now I'm mad because it's so stupidly obvious and safe that I can't believe I didn't think of it.