Page 198 of 262 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    You can choose who to follow, unfollow, and block, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.
    Ditto social media in general. I get frustrated with friends who say things like "ugh Twitter/facebook just pisses me off" and stuff. Um, YOU decide what your feed looks like. Block, unfollow, ban. Do what you have to make your feed. I sure do. I have banned relatives for fucks sake. All social is what YOU choose to allow. I shape mine to be heavy art and positive think.

Edit: and I dont just mean people that agree with my point of view. I have plenty of Trumpies. But the only ones that stay followed can speak respectfully.
    Last edited by Skitch; 08-02-2018 at 05:48 AM.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    You can choose who to follow, unfollow, and block, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.
    Yeah... but not really?

Twitter buries its moderation tools in submenus, some of those tools aren't evenly distributed across the platform, and because social media lives and dies by MAUs and "engagement," Twitter regularly subverts their user's control of the feed.

Which means if I follow somebody who follows Gunn, there's a good chance I'll see his tweets whether I want to or not. As a one-off, that's not a big deal. But after 2015-16, when the entire platform went insane, constantly locking down your feed down and curating the experience --- either manually or through third party apps --- became a serious chore.

I have never had Twitter so I didn’t know about his douchery on there.

But both my wife and I had him on FB for several years before he closed his account. He was always interacting with fans, sharing fun stories and photos, and had zero tolerance for bullying or hate speech at all. If you posted anything derogatory towards another user (or anyone) he instantly deleted you.

He also didn’t tolerate people saying anything personal about others in the industry. Criticize their work (or his) as much as you want but if you started making personal insults or namecaling again he instantly deleted you.

So from that view he seemed like a decent guy.

Also always appreciated how he championed the underdog and preached that you don’t NEED to “be somebody” to make it in Hollywood, as he didn’t know anyone or have any famous relatives or whatever. Was very open that he owed everything to Troma, and he got there through hard work.

Bautista is the man.

Also, this quote made me laugh:

Quote Quoting Dave Bautista
    “I spoke to Chris Pratt the day after it happened and he’s a bit religious, so he wanted time to pray and figure it out, but I was more like: ‘F*ck this. This is bullshit. James is one of the kindest, most decent people I’ve met.’”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Let's see where that goes!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Nowhere. It'll go nowhere.

(Bautista has no leverage. All he's doing is riling the fans and hurting his own career.)

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    So Bautista's downgraded from "Not without Gunn!" to "Not without Gunn's script!" I expect a further downgrade to "Not without Gunn's story idea" and finally "Not without Gunn's blessing!" Which Gunn will provide.

Not without Gunn's semaphore signals from the 5-square-foot tropical isle where Disney stuck him!
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

- - - - -
    LEAKED: Drax's only scene in GotG3

[]

Forgot. Did Drax turn into spacedust?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Forgot. Did Drax turn into spacedust?
    Yes.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

(Bautista has no leverage. All he's doing is riling the fans and hurting his own career.)
    Well, at the very least he gains credit as a wholesome, honest and brave person. So do Saldana, Rooker and Russell. The guy who goes to pray in the face of obvious injustice... not so much.

I laughed at the Simpsons clip, though.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 08-07-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Has been strange reading / hearing about Pratt being religious.

Doesn’t strike me that way at all.

Really? Hes been very vocal about it.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Really? Hes been very vocal about it.
    I guess it shows how out of touch I am with a lot of the celeb gossip these days.

Is it a new thing for him or has he always been religious?

Always, as far as I know.

Nick Fury and Maria Hill Will Appear in Spider-Man: Far From Home. Nice.

Sucks if we don't get Adam Warlock...

- - - - -
    lol "Co-Founder and Editor-In-Chief of @OmegaUGround"

c'mon

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    They will, they won't, they will, they won't, they will...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-may-u...the-1828199473
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

There's also a report saying though Gunn won't direct GotGv3, he may direct another Marvel movie down the road...

So in short, let's just wait for the official Disney statement.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So in short, let's just wait for the official Disney statement.
    Indeed. Do you think he'd go back to them though after this? I hear the other big studios are throwing offers his way...

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Indeed. Do you think he'd go back to them though after this? I hear the other big studios are throwing offers his way...
    I think he grew up on these Marvel characters, so maybe there was some deal saying, look, we'll take you off GotG3, but we'll let you do anything in 5 years when the heat dies off?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

Well something happened somewhere!

Possible Reprieve On James Gunn & ‘Guardians’ As Marvel Back Channels With Disney?

Venom is no longer R rated.

Aaaaaaaand I’m out.