Page 183 of 262 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's really inconsistent. I forgot if they explained it in the first movie, but in the comics, you retain your body mass when you shrink, that's why Ant-Man still packs a grown man's punch even when he's tiny. But for some reason it also makes inanimate objects easier to carry? Eh, let's call it Particle Magic starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.
    It's also why he needs to wear a suit. Because the oxygen molecules would literally be too big for them to inhale.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's also why he needs to wear a suit. Because the oxygen molecules would literally be too big for them to inhale.
    Well, not in the comics...

[]
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Dayum.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Do we still believe in hype?

A Marvel movie that's getting praise for a complex villain? SHOOT ME.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I haven't read that, or watched any new trailers lately, but what MCU movie released in the last 10 years didn't get glowing reviews before release?

'Astonishing,' 'iconic,' 'will save blockbusters'...

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The fact that the praises come with a side diss of previous Marvel movies is pretty funny though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Maybe this is the push I need to finally hit play on Fruitvale Station. Side random: Ryan Coogler and I share birthday, replacing Drew Carey as the previously most famous person.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Ant Man & the Wasp will be the first movie I see in 3D since the last Ant-Man. Was one of the few movies that handled that well. The first was one of my favorite Marvels and this one looks even better.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Producer
    It seems kinda appropriate that the most praised thing about Ryan Coogler's new film is his muse who's been in all of his three features.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Huh?

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Huh?
    Michel B Jordan's Killmonger is getting the most praise in the early reactions. He's starred in all of Coogler's films. Their pairing is clearly working on some level.
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

Wow

Given the massive success of the audience review rigging on the Rotten Tomatoes site for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and due to the sudden rise in those disgruntled with Disney business practices among other factors especially due to the corporate manipulations which created falsified bad press for the DCEU, I feel that it's time to strike back at all those under Disney and bring down the house of mouse's actions for paying off the critics that hurt DC Comics on film and for other parties affected by them.

I'll be making events like this for Infinity War and the Netflix shows etc so we can rally together to truly make a difference. Share this with your friends and all potential sympathizers.

P.S. If you want to spread spoilers to Marvel fanboys, use this event as a platform to inform us of targets!

People seriously still think Disney is paying off critics to give DC movies bad reviews? :\

Yeah, The Last Jedi amplified the conspiracy. Fanboys found the critical acclaim of the movie as the proof they were waiting for that critics are not honest.
    Movie Theater Diary

Doesn't the critical reception for Wonder Woman sort of negate that, though?

Wo.... man?
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Doesn't the critical reception for Wonder Woman sort of negate that, though?
    You're looking for internal consistency?

- - - - -
    People seriously still think Disney is paying off critics to give DC movies bad reviews? :\
    I think this depends on what they mean by "paying off."

The junket-whoredom on display during both the "Last Jedi" and "Black Panther" premieres was really something else.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Yeah, The Last Jedi amplified the conspiracy. Fanboys found the critical acclaim of the movie as the proof they were waiting for that critics are not honest.
    I dunno about dishonest but it's been a loooooong time since I thought critics, as a group, were credible.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I think this depends on what they mean by "paying off."

The junket-whoredom on display during both the "Last Jedi" and "Black Panther" premieres was really something else.

I dunno about dishonest but it's been a loooooong time since I thought critics, as a group, were credible.
    To both of these points: this is definitely a thing that you can argue and it's true in terms of access influencing goodwill. It is, however, something else entirely to believe that the majority of working critics, including the paper journos and not just film bloggers, are part of backroom deals to tank other companies' superhero movies. It's not the MCU love but the "fake negative reviews" part that carries it to conspiracy-land.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Well---and I'm cribbing a joke I read on twitter---payola isn't necessary because most critics are half in the bag already.

Conspiracy theories are dumb but this might be an instance where there's a kernel of truth buried in the bullshit---and the critics can't admit it, which makes the whole thing worse.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Conspiracy theories are not dumb.

Fanboys are dumb.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

What is the best conspiracy theory ever?

I can’t wait for the first white reviewer that dislikes Black Panther to be accused of racism.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What is the best conspiracy theory ever?
    My favorite is the one where Kubrick and NASA faked the moon landing.

Sometimes I wonder what people will believe 100, 200, or 1000 years from now. Will America's trip to the moon become a myth akin to George Washington and the cherry tree?