Page 111 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Does the Thing still have Jamie Bell's normal voice?

That could be a tad weird.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

This looks legit. Watch it before it gets taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1urzF56aY

Awesome.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Yeah, not sure how much reason there is to believe it's fake, yet every online commenter seems to be looking for every reason to. If it isn't real then it's pretty damn impressive.

For anyone that doesn't want to click: It's the post-credit scene for Ultron that Feige and Whedon said wouldn't be there. (Especially since it wasn't during initial screenings.)

Nothing spoilery other than its inherent inclusion though, so feel free to click on it. Particularly if you want to potentially see your first look at [
    ] and don't want to sit through 7-10 minutes of credits when you see it in theatres.

EDIT: Oh, and I watched that Fantastic Four trailer. Not bad, but nothing overly impressive either. I definitely agree with you Skitch that the inter-dimensional creation take is more interesting than simply space once again. Looking forward to the movie overall, but the more I see of it I just hope the marketing is hiding weirder aspects of its formal personality (assuming that kind of thing ends up in the final film at all). Otherwise it just looks way more expected and blander than it should. Trank needs to deliver on his comments about it being more body-horror / Cronenberg-influenced than anything in the superhero sub-genre.
    Last edited by Henry Gale; 04-19-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

It's pretty amusing seeing people freak the fuck out over that clip one way or the other.

It's probably not a hoax. If it's a hoax, I admire the commitment of whoever put it together. That'd be impressive.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So this is the movie FOX was rumored to hate?

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh wow, what? That's actually a way different trailer than the one Skitch posted above.

Better too.

Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)

That end credit scene is 100% fake.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    That end credit scene is 100% fake.
    Yep. They used the wrong logo in the credits.

Also, Marvel listing Ditko's name first before Stan's? Like that would ever happen.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    It's pretty amusing seeing people freak the fuck out over that clip one way or the other.
    Right. Now that it's been confirmed as fake, I watched it. Even if it had been real, that wouldn't change the fact that it's really insubstantial.
    Last edited by Gittes; 04-20-2015 at 06:36 PM.

How long until the Savage Land gets introduced?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Notes from Kevin to Sony - These are the little thing that make up the greatness of Marvel.

Quote Quoting Kevin Feige
    There are too many story lines and we need to choose which ones we are focusing on and lift out the other ones, ie; could reduce father arc to just Roosevelt?

Could cut out plane crash and Richard destroying spiders and start on armored car - don’t start with Spider-Man....let the danger/stakes to NYC build first and then have Spider-Man enter the scene heroically.

Tone down Paul Giamatti performance, so he seems a bit more menacing and less cartoonish.

If you cut Richard from the opening and the plane crash maybe you could instead do Harry coming home and seeing Norman at the top of the movie as a cold open.

Really love Electro - feels like you may not need the scene in his apartment, which makes him seems completely crazy and hard to relate too.

Like the idea that eel goes in his mouth and instead of burrowing, you see it glow within him...

Need to set up the Power Plant earlier, visually.

Seems like the movie switches pov’s a lot...why are we in Max’s pov during the car chase, worth looking at this playing out from Spidey’s pov.

There could be a better way to reveal that Peter is missing graduation - maybe when you cut Gwen you cut to the wide shot?

Tiny note - don’t think Peter would lie to Gwen about sirens --- maybe he just downplays it...

Stan Lee Cameo - maybe need a little more emphasis on Peter here trying to get out of his costume and not be in seen...set up a little more the pressure of the principal getting closer and closer to calling his name.

Instead of seeing the ghost of Captain Stacy, can just here the voice in Peter’s head and maybe flash back to the last movie? Don’t think we should add Cap Stacy back into car chase.

There is too much back and forth with Peter and Gwen - can we recut the Dim Sum scene so that it doesn’t feel so repetitive of their break-up in the last movie - Can Peter be more honorable and definitive and less wishy-washy?

Why do we need a year to pass...

Harry story feels like the main plot of the movie - Peter should look into the past b/c of Harry - maybe find some photos of them together as kids...use obsession wall more to set up this part of his past not just what happened to parents.

Not sure what Peter learns at Roosevelt is entirely correct. We’re distracted by the idea that Peter became Spider-Man b/c of his father’s blood --- all this special back story with his super-scientist dad fights with the idea that Peter is normal kid from Queens who becomes the greatest super-hero in the world...

Andrew’s performance is all over the place...a lot of crying and then a lot of mania. Hard to track him emotionally sometimes. It undermines his reaction to Gwen’s death b/c he gets upset and emotional a lot.

Don’t like the idea that May tells Peter his parents were spies b/c two seconds later he finds out they are not and it again fights with the idea that he’s an ordinary kid.

Like the idea that May finds out he’s Spider-Man - finds his costume instead of just the rosemary harris wink-wink all the time.

Kind of like the morgue, but hate the dancing mortician - cliché.

Are you using VFX to show how Electro is travelling from one point to another (bursts of electricity).

Need to underscore capture of goblin...more sirens as you linger on the clock 1;21, 1:22 am (nice touch).

Surveillance scene should be about following Harry not Peter...no one should be following Peter.

Can Electro hum Itsy-Bitsy Spider before he plays it electronically...maybe we can use this again.

Maybe intercut the ending montage and hearing Gwen’s speech with someone going into special projects and revealing more easter eggs and see that the rhino case has been broke into and the suit is missing...great way to transition to rhino ending.

Don’t need Aunt May in the kitchen.

Spider-man needs to feel more directly responsible for preventing the planes from crashing.

Don’t show New Yorkers looting

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Whedon has been offering some good, critical takes on Marvel's moviemaking practices. Many of you have probably already read his remarks about Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script, but I also like this bit:

And when Whedon wrote and shot a pointed confrontation between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, he said he didn’t realize they would literally become enemies in next year’s Captain America: Civil War. Other elements, however — like suggesting the world-ending plans of a certain powerful purple alien who first popped up after the credits of 2012’s The Avengers — were much more deliberate. And they put Whedon at odds with one of his most deeply held convictions, that a feature film should always be its own discrete story, with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

“No matter how much they may talk about, ‘Well, this is going to lead to some terrible stuff down the line,’ in my movie, it’s designed to be a complete experience,” he said. “And if I don’t do that, if I haven’t brought you on that journey and closed it out, fuck me. That’s the danger of this sort of serialized storytelling, turning the motion picture experience into episodic TV. Because we have episodic TV, and now you don’t even have to wait to watch it, you can binge it. So that’s to me a dreadful mistake.”

Whedon chuckled bitterly. “Somebody said, ‘Well, that was a great setup for the next thing!’ in one of the test screenings, and I died inside. [Marvel executives] were like, ‘No! They say that all the time, it’s fine.’ I was like, ‘No, that’s the worst thing I could have heard.’ I want people to come out feeling done."
    Last edited by Gittes; 04-21-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Early A2 review compares Ultron to Spider-Man 3's Venom....

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Early A2 review compares Ultron to Spider-Man 3's Venom....
    And...? Any review can say anything. It's not like any of us can really add or argue 'til we see it.

Majority of reviews seem strongly on the positive side so far, and I've seen more than one reaction saying Spader (along with Renner, most surprisingly) are their favourite aspects of it. Even from people that didn't like it.
    Last edited by Henry Gale; 04-22-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)

They were saying Ultron underdeveloped and afterthought, gave it 7/10. Not a bad review, but maybe expectations should be tempered is all I was implying. I think it will be a sweet flick and I cant wait to see it, but we Marvel cant make awesome forever. Everyone stumbles sometime. Doubt this is it, but it has to happen eventually.

How can Ultron be an afterthought? THe name of the freakin movie is named after him.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    How can Ultron be an afterthought? THe name of the freakin movie is named after him.
    Unless it's like Iron Man 2 where they just wrote it as they were filming. "Oh... We just cast Whiplash. Let's put him here."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'll be pretty pissed if Ultron turns out to be a dud of a villain regardless of whether Spader does a helluva job. They said this movie was gonna go some pretty dark places, that the avengers would finally meet their match etc..., hammered that home really.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

To be fair, The Winter Solider wasn't exactly all about him.

And for that matter, quick(!), what was world was Thor's dark one?

Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Unless it's like Iron Man 2 where they just wrote it as they were filming. "Oh... We just cast Whiplash. Let's put him here."
    Also heard comparison of IM2 in respect to robots not presenting a threatening villain.

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    To be fair, The Winter Solider wasn't exactly all about him.

And for that matter, quick(!), what was world was Thor's dark one?
    Thor 2 is the movie I remember the least in the MCU. Was the Dark World the place they kept teleporting to?

Thor 2 is the movie I remember the least in the MCU. Was the Dark World the place they kept teleporting to?
    That's Svartalfheim. The title is metaphorical but I suppose you can say it's a nickname of Svartalfheim since it's where Dark Elves live. They never called it that in the movie, though, as far as I remember.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

On a related note, I was thinking if Marvel is ever bothered by the fact that the Iron Man series is the only one with a generic numbering convention and struggled with the decision to retroactively change it, but then it hit me that they shouldn't, because they're version numbers.
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Iron Man: Snow Leopard.