Page 106 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, I asked you what you meant by an earlier comment, and you never bothered to explain, so here we are.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Well, I asked you what you meant by an earlier comment, and you never bothered to explain, so here we are.
    For a guy who is quick to throw around "logic," that makes no sense. I don't respond to your liking, so you're free to insult me?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    For a guy who is quick to throw around "logic," that makes no sense. I don't respond to your liking, so you're free to insult me?
    I make no claims that the former justifies the latter. I was just pointing out that you can’t get pissy at me for making broad general claims about your arguing subject/style when you totally ignored me addressing you on specifics before that.

So let’s just leave it here. You and I are best served ignoring each other on pretty much any subject it seems.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

- - - - -
    I was just pointing out that you can’t get pissy at me for making broad general claims about your arguing subject/style when you totally ignored me addressing you on specifics before that.
    Yeaaaaaah. That still doesn't make sense. Partly because that's not what you did and that's not how I reacted.

But mostly because I don't owe you any specific reply, trans, just because we're on a message board.

So let’s just leave it here. You and I are best served ignoring each other on pretty much any subject it seems.
    Lol. I didn't start this party. You did. You obviously wanted attention. I gave it to you. Don't cry about it now, dude.

Oh yes, the prospect of not getting into petty arguments with you has me in floods. I’m not sure I’ll cope.
    Last 10 Movies Seen

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

- - - - -
    Oh yes, the prospect of not getting into petty arguments with you has me in floods. I’m not sure I’ll cope.
    BREAKING: Area man regrets petty arguments after starting a petty argument

"I don't understand why people won't respond in good faith after I casually toss out obnoxious ad-hominems on the internet," says Matchcut poster transmogrifier. "It really is quite a vexing mystery," he added, after considerable thought and drooling slightly into his porridge, which his mother made him for lunch.

As the only Match Cutee who is an employee of The Walt Disney Company, I find all this back and forth banter entertaining and also troubling.

Also judging from my posts 10 years ago (hell 10 months ago), it's a good thing my employer does not read these forums.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Irish do you never notice that like 99.9% of all heated exchanges on here have you at the center of them?

You always blame it on everyone else, but never see the common denominator.

Edit: and I say this as someone who likes you a lot and values your posts here. It’s just concerning that you don’t see how confrontational you yourself can be.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Irish do you never notice that like 99.9% of all heated exchanges on here have you at the center of them?
    Wow. Seriously, dude?

It’s just concerning that you don’t see how confrontational you yourself can be.
    I do so appreciate your concern, meg. Really do.

The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

To be fair, I started this one
    Last 10 Movies Seen

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

Cool glad you took that well.

- - - - -
    Cool glad you took that well.
    Uh, yeah. How did you expect me to take it? (I'm just so volatile, meg! I'm all over the board! Causing a ruckus! Being unruly!)

I don't really appreciate your tone policing (which you've done since I start posting here), nor your passive aggressive condensation masked as concern, nor your publicly taking me to task for arguments I didn't start.

If you prefer, we can go back to uselessly ranking the same studio directors over and over again, making dead-ended posts about blockbusters nobody cares about, endlessly parsing inane details about MoviePass and Netflix, and never saying anything that would cause anyone to twitch with thought.

Happy now?

Uh, yeah. How did you expect me to take it? (I'm just so volatile, meg! I'm all over the board! Causing a ruckus! Being unruly!)

I don't really appreciate your tone policing (which you've done since I start posting here), nor your passive aggressive condensation masked as concern, nor your publicly taking me to task for arguments I didn't start.

If you prefer, we can go back to uselessly ranking the same studio directors over and over again, making dead-ended posts about blockbusters nobody cares about, endlessly parsing inane details about MoviePass and Netflix, and never saying anything that would cause anyone to twitch with thought.

Happy now?

I apologize, Irish. I truly wasn’t intending to be a dick or passive aggressive in any way. But what I intended versus what came out were very different.

Sincerely sorry.

- - - - -
    I apologize, Irish. I truly wasn’t intending to be a dick or passive aggressive in any way. But what I intended versus what came out were very different.

Sincerely sorry.
    Don't know how to respond to that but I appreciate the sentiment.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The cast came together for a joint statement on Gunn

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl3OVfeF..._state_control

Chris Pratt: Although I don’t support James Gunn’s inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man. I’d personally love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3. If you please, read the following statement- signed by our entire cast.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I doubt Disney will listen or change their stance. That would be an even bigger PR nightmare in the making.

Probably not, but he'll at least have a career after this. Disney rehiring him would make them appear weak.

Plus, in the end, this whole thing is already figured out anyway.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Will he, though?

GotG were kind of against type for him, in that he’s never done “big” movies before.

Unless he’s made enough money to independently finance stuff, I don’t see any studios really wanting to touch him. He wasn’t a studio guy to begin with.

I predict another indie or two and then we don’t hear much from him again.

- - - - -
    Gunn is reportedly worth $40 million. He'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something for Blumhouse or Amazon in a year or two.

All Disney has to do is wait out a couple of news cycles and announce a new director.

I'm genuinely surprised at that cast announcement, though. It's a helluva spin.

Now I'm wondering if this'll delay "Guardians 3" from 2020.

Gunn is reportedly worth $40 million. He'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something for Blumhouse or Amazon in a year or two.

All Disney has to do is wait out a couple of news cycles and announce a new director.

I'm genuinely surprised at that cast announcement, though. It's a helluva spin.

Now I'm wondering if this'll delay "Guardians 3" from 2020.
    Do you think there’s a chance it just might not happen at all? Guardians 3, I mean.

If the cast and associated people put up this much fuss maybe they will just cut it out of the plan for the time being?

I do hope they lose this franchise. I mean, that statement is a step in the right direction but too timid. Bautista and Rooker certainly seemed more assertive.

At the very least I hope they have to go through the embarassment of re-casting Drax.

EDIT: They took ten days to "pray"? Pray for what?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    EDIT: They took ten days to "pray"? Pray for what?
    Figure 9 actors, each with a manager, an agent, and maybe a publicist. That's ~35 people with input into a 300 word statement. 10 days is a pretty quick turnaround.

"Sources say there has been a growing feeling that Gunn could be reinstated..."

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/g...rt-1202889736/

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Well this continues to look weird as hell.

Some spoilers, btw, especially concerning what looks like the "final fight."

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Has this been confirmed to be rated R?